Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Discolored cover on climate control panel

carolinabobcarolinabob Member Posts: 576
edited May 2015 in Nissan
Just noticed that the "clear" plastic cover for auto climate control display on my SL is turning brown in a few spots. It is noticable over the bars for fan speed and the temperature readout on driver's side.
Anybody else seen this problem?

Comments

• Options
    Took it to dealer and no problems. I didn't see one either and my wife said the brown was gone (she had seen it before).
    SUNGLASSES. Not 100% sure, but we think it is the brown tinted sunglasses we frequently wear when driving.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Any idea whether there was a thin plastic covering over the plastic...er, covering? Guess the dealer would have been crowing about fixing it though if that was the case. Odd one!
  • Options
    Will check that out. SA didn't even look in the car since the problem wasn't there when I took it in. Not wearing sunglasses that day.
    It's amazing what dealerships fail to remove on cars when they receive them.
    Back in '75, had a Datsun B210 and the "bright" work around all six windows was discolored in a couple of months. Service person forgot to remove the plastic covering used during shipment. They peeled it off and looked great - for a B210.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Pet peeve of mine is to see people get a phone or tablet made with Gorilla Glass and then cover the screen with plastic. Kind of like putting plastic seat covers on your couch. But I digress.

The usual "miss" with dealer prep is to adjust the tire pressure. People wonder why the new car they are testing is riding like a truck.

In this case, maybe the prep was overzealous and someone spritzed the display with something that clouded it.
  • Options
    It's the sunglasses. It shows up on the white bars for fan speed in the display.
  • Options
    Polarized?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    stever said:

Polarized?

Yup... that's what does it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator