Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Top 5 Things It Needs - 2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited July 2015 in Jaguar
imageTop 5 Things It Needs - 2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe Long-Term Road Test

Our long-term 2015 Jaguar F-Type is popular, but not perfect. These are the top 5 things I'd change on our 550-hp coupe.

Read the full story here

Comments

• desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    " I'd still choose the F-Type over any car in our long-term fleet right now"

You'd pick it over the Viper?
  • tlangnesstlangness Member Posts: 123
    I haven't had much time in the viper desmo -- but the cabin is a LOT smaller. Or at least it feels that way. I'll have to take it on a long road trip to really find out. (And at the time I wrote this post, the Viper hadn't arrived yet.)
  • lynxfxlynxfx Member Posts: 4
    I have an F-Type Coupe R and have sat in the new Viper. It is definitely smaller inside, so much so that I don't actually fit. My head rubs against the roof.

After 7 months of ownership it is still my favorite car that I've owned.

5: Not interested in larger cup holders. Anything bigger than a 12ounce would risk spillage in that beautiful interior.

4: Sunroof would definitely be appreciated. I have the panoroof which is a nice compromise but I wouldn't mind some air flowing in.

3: Applied tint the first day I got the car.

2: The seats aren't too bad except I do get a pinch in my lower back after an hour or so. I can't seem to find an adjustment that works. +1 to better seats. Love the look of the sports seats though.

1: Having owned manual cars my entire life, I'm kinda of over them for daily drivers, especially in LA. The ZF transmission in the F-Type is fabulous, just as fast as most DC systems.

What the F-Type really needs is a complete overhaul of the entertainment system including speakers. At this point they should just start from scratch and quit trying to polish the turd.

I would also like to be able to spray my windshield without activating the headlight washers. How about just scrapping those all together?