Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Leasing: Dealer vs leasing companies that deliver the car to your door

Elliot UdellElliot Udell Member Posts: 83
edited July 2015 in Honda
In my geographic area there are a number of auto leasing companies that lease cars direct and deliver the car to your door. They do not have lots or showrooms. Since they do not have overhead they are able to lease the car considerably less than a dealer. Has anyone had any experience with these companies? My accountant works for a major firm and they only deal with one of these companies for all of their car leasing needs.

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    elliotu said:

In my geographic area there are a number of auto leasing companies that lease cars direct and deliver the car to your door. They do not have lots or showrooms. Since they do not have overhead they are able to lease the car considerably less than a dealer. Has anyone had any experience with these companies? My accountant works for a major firm and they only deal with one of these companies for all of their car leasing needs.

The car still has to come from a dealer. They can't get it straight from the manufacturer/distributor. In my opinion, it just adds a layer of cost.

I'll guess you are in the Northeast?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Yes, NY
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    elliotu said:

Yes, NY

I think it's cultural..

"hey, I gotta guy" ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    eaglesguy20eaglesguy20 Member Posts: 46
    I have experience with one of the larger brokers in Brooklyn and it was tremendously easy and user friendly. Once you test drive and land on a vehicle their prices are far lower than the brick and mortar dealers. Inventory can be limited in regards to colors/options in a specific model but if you're somewhat flexible in that regard it's a good deal. Because of the volume they move, dealers use them to clear out inventory at slow periods and they get fleet discounts in some cases. Either way, definitely worthy of consideration and shopping their prices against the regional dealers, and the other lease brokers. Delivery was seamless and paperwork was handled through the dealership at that time, with everything else done via phone or email. You guarantee base acquisition fees and often times dodge the dealer doc fee. I was able to get the vehicle 50/60 less a month than any other dealer in the area.
  • Options
    could you give me the name of that broker?
  • Options
    eaglesguy20eaglesguy20 Member Posts: 46
    Legend Leasing. I have also interacted with Best Buy Leasing, both in that same area, and they seem to advertise even lower prices on certain models. Can't hurt to shop them both against the local dealers.