Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 Toyota Highlander Prices Paid

Comments

• Options
    oilslickoilslick Member Posts: 14
    It seems like in the Atlanta area, there are almost no Highlanders available. I just wondered if there is a national shortage or what?
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited January 2015
    You can go to the Make|Model dropdown tabs above and click on the inventory tab there and double-check Hotlanta.

I don't see a single one listed near my old stomping grounds of Chattanooga. Odd - there's ~350 around Newark NJ.
  • Options
    saratogastevesaratogasteve Member Posts: 186

Looks like the XLE comes standard with leather seats. Does anyone know if this is real leather or softex or something? Additionally, does anyone know who the supplier of leather / seats for Toyota Highlander is?

Thanks

XLE is real leather on the front and second row. LE Plus is vinyl

imo; finding an XLE at invoice sounds pretty good to me.
  • Options
    dlseekdlseek Member Posts: 22
    Dealers in the Minneapolis area are almost all offering $300-$500 over invoice without even haggling, but they won't budge any lower. Typically the vehicles are staying on the lot less than 4 days.

• Options
    gandroidgandroid Member Posts: 11
    Same here in northern California. Truecar estimate is 34987 where as invoice is 34587. This is for FWD XLE.
  • Options
    wowsamwowsam Member Posts: 3
    So here was my lease deal. I hope this gives someone a good base to work with. Leased a 2015 blizzard white platinum AWD Limited Highlander with all weather mats and cargo cover, body side molding, remote start, and tow hitch/wiring harness for sale price of $42,500 with MSRP 46.7k with 0.0018 MF and residual of $27,150 (this is reportedly set by toyota and not based on accessories-about 60%). I let my 2012 Touring AWD Honda Pilot (37100 miles) go for 26500 (was hoping for 29000 trade in) which gave me $4500 in cap cost reduction in addition to another 3500 I put in the deal plus first month lease for a 36000 mile, 36 month lease. Monthly payment will be $399. Drive off cash = $4000
  • Options
    klingon1000klingon1000 Member Posts: 5
    Bought 2015 XLE AWD Highlander with the towing package for $36500 plus T&L. This was in Western AZ. The price was ~$2000 less than anything comparable in Southern California where I live. Definitely worth the trip..

• Options
    Congrats! Should work out well for that towing you plan to do too.
  • Options

Bought 2015 XLE AWD Highlander with the towing package for $36500 plus T&L. This was in Western AZ. The price was ~$2000 less than anything comparable in Southern California where I live. Definitely worth the trip..

Did they charge you the Calif. tax? or do you take care of that when you come home with the car? Was the tow package added on by the dealer or was it from the factory? and lastly can you share the name of the dealership? I'm looking for a Highlander equipted the exact same way. The price you paid sounds pretty good to me.
  • Options
    sparklandsparkland Member Posts: 120

Looks like the XLE comes standard with leather seats. Does anyone know if this is real leather or softex or something? Additionally, does anyone know who the supplier of leather / seats for Toyota Highlander is?

Thanks

The first two rows of the XLE are leather with the 3rd row being softex.

• Options
    acurafan5acurafan5 Member Posts: 5
    i bought the XLE FWD in gray exterior with back interior with floor mats + cargo net + first aid kit + roof cross bars +cargo cover + mud guards in orange county, ca back on new year's day for $34,050 + TTL. i got all the extra accessories added in because i bought the warranty and extended toyota care.
  • Options
    Nice, congrats @acurafan5 !
  • Options
    richardmorganrichardmorgan Member Posts: 1
    I received this quote on a 2015 LE Plus. Think I can do better? Richard

Sales Price: $ 32,226.47

State Tax: 6.2500% $ 2,014.15
    Veh Inv Tax: .21990% $ 70.87
    Total Fee/Options: $ 279.50
    Unpaid Balance: $ 34,590.99

OTD Total Financed: $ 34,590.99
  • Options
    I just wanted to state that I've been able to obtain invoice pricing for the Highlander XLE AWD in Northern Calif. I had to first find a dealer willing to offer a no hassle bid over the internet who is a two hour drive away in an area that does not have an economy as robust as Silicon Valley. Local (SV) dealers either were unwilling to provide a no hassle bid or were $1,000 to $1,500 above invoice with the promise to match all "local" offers. I figure if the offer is somewhere in Northern California, that counts as local. I'm inclined to give the business to the dealer that gave me the initial bid without making me jump through hoops - just seems wrong to allow someone else to simply match a bid - they need to beat that bid if they want my business. I also have used True Car pricing to verify what the Highlander is selling for, using different zip codes which verifies that Silicon Valley pays more for everything because there is a greater demand for everything. While True Car shows that some buyers have bought the Highlander for less than Invoice - I'm satisfied that invoice is a fair deal.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    My long drawn out search for an SUV has come to an end. I finally pulled the trigger on a 2015 Highlander XLE AWD with tow hitch. MSRP is $39,813, my deal was at invoice $36,883. plus CA tax, license and fees the OTD price was $40,593. I ended up financing half the purchase through a local credit union for 48 months at 1.5% which was too good to pass up. Because the color combo I wanted with a tow hitch was rare, it took me quite some time to find the exact car I wanted. Toyota's website will let you configure a car and tell you if it's available in a certain region (Northern California), but they don't point you to where the dealer is located - rather they just point you to your local Toyota dealer who will only say he can order the car from the factory.
    I searched over 20 individual dealer websites before I found my Highlander sitting on a lot in Walnut Creek.
    The folks there honored everything they put in writing and made the process fairly painless. The paperwork process is never fast enough for me and I hate the after market selling process. Happy with my purchase and relieved to move on and enjoy my new ride.
  • Options
    Congrats!
  • Options
    longhorn1969longhorn1969 Member Posts: 25
    Was quoted $30,621 on a LE Plus in Austin Tx.
  • Options
    gerbiesgerbies Member Posts: 9
    I am curious if it's reasonable to find a Toyota Highlander XLE V6/AWD for invoice or less than invoice? I am in the CT area...
  • Options
    gerbies said:

I am curious if it's reasonable to find a Toyota Highlander XLE V6/AWD for invoice or less than invoice? I am in the CT area...

gerbies; go to True Car to get an idea of what the Highlander XLE's are selling for in your area. I'd be surprised if you can't find an area near you where invoice pricing can be found. If you really know what you want and can find it sitting on a lot, ask for a quote. After you get the quote tell them you're willing to pay invoice - plain and simple, yes or no. If they agree make sure you get a OTD price with all fees spelled out and a description of the car before you go to the dealer.
  • Options
    Great feedback...thanks!
  • Options
    I received an internet price quote for a 2015 XLE AWD for $35176 (includes destination fee) before taxes, license and document fee. I am in the Northeast. Is this a good price? I believe this is below invoice, but I am not sure. Thoughts on this deal?
  • Options
    g
    gerbies said:

I received an internet price quote for a 2015 XLE AWD for $35176 (includes destination fee) before taxes, license and document fee. I am in the Northeast. Is this a good price? I believe this is below invoice, but I am not sure. Thoughts on this deal?

gerbies, according to my figures you're over a thousand below invoice which is a great price imo. Before you head to the dealer, make sure they give you an OTD price with a vehicle description to avoid any games. I think the Highlander is beginning to see the newness wearing off along with some decent competition from the new Sorento, new Pilot and the Sante Fe. I still think it's best in class, but a little competition is healthy for the buyer. If you need financing try your local credit union because Toyota isn't offering much for the Highlander.
  • Options
    orangeman99orangeman99 Member Posts: 88
    gerbies said:

That seems to good to be true. I would look into it, but be prepared to walk if they change the price by $1. Remember, they need you more than you need them, don't let them bait and switch you either.

• Options

gerbies said:

That seems to good to be true. I would look into it, but be prepared to walk if they change the price by $1. Remember, they need you more than you need them, don't let them bait and switch you either.

Thanks! I have it in writing via Edmunds or True Car (I can't remember) and it notes that the destination fee is included. It might be for one particular vehicle, but I don't mind. I will ask for that same price for another car (same model, but different color) and see what happens. You are so right...they need me more than I need them.
  • Options
    dvsrikanthdvsrikanth Member Posts: 8
    gerbies: Can you let me know the dealer you are working with? I am in the market for XLE and it will help me a lot knowing this.
  • Options
    dvsrikanthdvsrikanth Member Posts: 8
    gerbies said:

gerbies said:

Thanks! I have it in writing via Edmunds or True Car (I can't remember) and it notes that the destination fee is included. It might be for one particular vehicle, but I don't mind. I will ask for that same price for another car (same model, but different color) and see what happens. You are so right...they need me more than I need them.
    gerbies: Can you let me know the dealer you are working with? I am in the market for XLE and it will help me a lot knowing this.
  • Options
    mgoldsteinmgoldstein Member Posts: 58
    Can I do better???

2015 Toyota Highlander Limited
    $42,760 msrp
    $39,900 sales price
    0.0019 money factor
    $27,008 (63%) residual 36 months, 36k miles
  • Options
    heywood1heywood1 Member Posts: 851
    Just leased a 2015 XLE AWD in Pittsburgh area
    MSRP $39,060
    Options: CF (Mats)

Lease Terms: 36 month/45,000 miles

Gross Cap Cost: $37,089 (includes $650 Acquisition Fee)
    Down Payment $1,730 (equity from previous 2012 Highlander lease)
    Adjusted Cap Cost: $35,359
    Residual: $25,047
    Money Factor: .00180
    Payment: $430.74
    (No gap insurance included; I get this from my auto insurance carrier).

Again, this lease is for 15K annual mileage.

Exact color combo I wanted (Jade/Ash), and it was in stock 20 miles from my home.
    Entire dealer visit took 2 hours total of my time.
    Probably could have shaved off another $500, but I wanted to get this done.
    Overall, I am very satisfied with this deal.
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,289
    heywood1 said:

Just leased a 2015 XLE AWD in Pittsburgh area
    MSRP $39,060
    Options: CF (Mats)

Lease Terms: 36 month/45,000 miles

Gross Cap Cost: $37,089 (includes $650 Acquisition Fee)
    Down Payment $1,730 (equity from previous 2012 Highlander lease)
    Adjusted Cap Cost: $35,359
    Residual: $25,047
    Money Factor: .00180
    Payment: $430.74
    (No gap insurance included; I get this from my auto insurance carrier).

Again, this lease is for 15K annual mileage.

Exact color combo I wanted (Jade/Ash), and it was in stock 20 miles from my home.
    Entire dealer visit took 2 hours total of my time.
    Probably could have shaved off another $500, but I wanted to get this done.
    Overall, I am very satisfied with this deal.

Congratulations - enjoy your new Highlander. Decent price considering the sales tax in PGH is 10%.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    rohitrarohitra Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2015
    I am not sure how other states are able to do $1k to $1.5k below invoice, but here in the twin cities, MN, as someone else pointed out, the traditional $300 to $500 above invoice is what dealers are willing to come down to. Probably a dearth of XLEs and a healthy mid-west appetite for AWDs is keeping the price up. Hopefully the 2016 Pilot coming in fall will knock some sense into them, I would still go with the Highlander though. Bought a Ooh La La Rouge (damn can't believe I am saying it) XLE AWD with almond interior, over the long weekend. Only factory option included were standard carpets. This was the only dealer who is inconveniently located, but had a couple (4 actually) of XLEs and was willing to go below True Car price. $36,200 was the best they could do, +TTL. I had a 3 year old trade-in, so probably that's what sealed it. Got 4 year 2.89 APR financing, could have done better with a 800+ score, but whatever. Wanted the body side moldings and the rear bumper protector, figured I could do it myself or shop around with other dealers. Will probably get the 3M hood protection.
  • Options
    davislumydavislumy Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a 2015 Highlander XLE AWD in Blizzard perl/hash gray with towing package and cargo leaner plus all weather floor mats for $36.800 before tax here in Hayward ca. The MSRP was about $40.100. Hope it will help. Not cheap if u compare to a MDX AWD with tech package that sells for $6200 off MSRP at $44.000 before tax :-)
  • Options
    prassyprassy Member Posts: 1
    Got quote from dealer in Northern California for 2015 Highlander XLE FWD for about 34,500 excluding document preparation, destination charges, taxes, etc. Is it a reasonable price?
  • Options
    mgoldsteinmgoldstein Member Posts: 58
    What is the residual for a Toyota Highlander Limited AWD with msrp of $42,660 on a 36 month 12k/year lease? I am led to believe the residuals vary from car to car based on msrp/options and are not a straight percentage.
  • Options
    What is the residual for a Toyota Highlander Limited AWD with msrp of $42,660 on a 36 month 12k/year lease? I am led to believe the residuals vary from car to car based on msrp/options and are not a straight percentage.
    65% on the base MSRP and .00170 MF. 

Yes, Toyota does not residualize options. 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    elplarryelplarry Member Posts: 2
    I've been looking for an XLE, FWD in the Southwest region. All of the dealers add a TMS ad fee of $1000 and the base holdback and financial holdback (total of $1100) into invoice price. The TMV invoice is $34,925. This incl. running boards, mudguards, cargo cover, prem. floor mat set and Blizzard Pearl. The dealers here say their invoice is $36,416. Is that correct?
  • Options
    limenjlimenj Member Posts: 20
    Gang, for a Highlander XLE AWD, what price on the vehicle should I be targeting. I think the range is $35,500 for a good price and $34,800 for a bottom/great price. Would I be correct in saying thats the range?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,153
    elplarry said:

I've been looking for an XLE, FWD in the Southwest region. All of the dealers add a TMS ad fee of $1000 and the base holdback and financial holdback (total of $1100) into invoice price. The TMV invoice is $34,925. This incl. running boards, mudguards, cargo cover, prem. floor mat set and Blizzard Pearl. The dealers here say their invoice is $36,416. Is that correct?

Well, yeah.. that's the invoice price, but they get that $1100 back from Toyota.. So, their "cost" is their invoice minus $1100.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    manimotormanimotor Member Posts: 1
    I got my Highlander XLE FWD in Spring, TX for 36,600 before TTL, it includes running boards, mud guards, cargo cover and this model is with Bench seat model. Currently there is no much offer going for Highlander so ended up with 2.5% APR for 72 months.

I got True car value as 36,903 without accessories.
  • Options
    manimotor said:

I got my Highlander XLE FWD in Spring, TX for 36,600 before TTL, it includes running boards, mud guards, cargo cover and this model is with Bench seat model. Currently there is no much offer going for Highlander so ended up with 2.5% APR for 72 months.

I got True car value as 36,903 without accessories.

Congratulations! Thanks for checking in, and enjoy your new Toyota.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    davethemandavetheman Member Posts: 2
    Hi all. I am in the Tampa, FL area.

Just got a brand new 2015 Highlander LE PLUS FWD with tint for $30,892 before TTL.

How did I do?
  • Options

Hi all. I am in the Tampa, FL area.

Just got a brand new 2015 Highlander LE PLUS FWD with tint for $30,892 before TTL.

How did I do?

What was the MSRP?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    robbyurobbyu Member Posts: 2
    I just got my Highlander LE (2015) and I paid $26,900 in Oklahoma. Came with -

Carpet Floor Mats and Cargo Mat

Door Edge Guards

Cargo Net

• Options
    robbyu said:

I just got my Highlander LE (2015) and I paid $26,900 in Oklahoma. Came with -

Carpet Floor Mats and Cargo Mat

Door Edge Guards

Cargo Net

Congrats! What was the MSRP?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    couloircouloir Member Posts: 7
    Has anyone been charged a dealer transportation or destination fee (can be up to $800 or more) on a new Highlander? This would be in addition to T,T & L.
  • Options
    couloir said:

Has anyone been charged a dealer transportation or destination fee (can be up to $800 or more) on a new Highlander? This would be in addition to T,T & L.

Destination fee is part of the window sticker and cannot be avoided or negotiated out of the deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Jc0105Jc0105 Member Posts: 1
    How is this deal? My goal is under 43,000 but this is the best I have gotten thus far.

2015 FWD limited platinum
    MSRP 46,279
    599 doc fee
    98 state filing
    499 other fees
    43,220 OTD
  • Options
    leonceleonce Member Posts: 3
    Jc0105 said:

How is this deal? My goal is under 43,000 but this is the best I have gotten thus far.

2015 FWD limited platinum
    MSRP 46,279
    599 doc fee
    98 state filing
    499 other fees
    43,220 OTD

Seems to be very good price OTD vs MSRP. I do hate those doc fee $599 and other fees $499 these sneaky dealers use. A quick formula I use is take the invoice price $41174 (includes destination fee) + 50% of the price of options (e.g. carpet floor mats with cargo mat) + tax/tag/title = good target OTD price. The doc fee and other fees make the price more complicated than it needs to be and are basically pure profit.
  • Options
    lymamdadlymamdad Member Posts: 2
    Got a quote through Costco for 2015 AWD XLE Predawn Grey Mica including Carpet sets, Rear Bumper Appliques, and Delivery:
    MSRP: $39,240
    Invoice: $36,383
    Price: $35,333

Try to knock it down to $35K even since I still wonder between this and 2014 Acura MDX w/ Tech. package w/ 54K miles for $34,800. What should I go for?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,153
    lymamdad said:

Got a quote through Costco for 2015 AWD XLE Predawn Grey Mica including Carpet sets, Rear Bumper Appliques, and Delivery:
    MSRP: $39,240
    Invoice: $36,383
    Price: $35,333

Try to knock it down to $35K even since I still wonder between this and 2014 Acura MDX w/ Tech. package w/ 54K miles for $34,800. What should I go for?

A new Highlander or a 54K mile used MDX?

Seems like an easy choice

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    funfinderfunfinder Member Posts: 1
    Our numbers in Oregon for our new 2015 Highlander.

2015 Highlander Limited Hybrid Platinum AWD
    PreDawn Gray Mica w/Ash interior
    MSRP: $50340

Platinum Pkg Included
    All weather mats and Cargo liner: $200
    Cargo cross bars: $350
    Running boards: $599

Delivery: $885

Total: $52374

Our price: $49440

Probably not the best price around, but Hybrids are hard to find in Oregon. And dealers don't deal much on price. And we did not want to drive hundreds of miles to get one, as is, we drove 50 miles to get this one. Only one on the dealers lot. And it had what we wanted. So, we are happy with our choice.