Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 Dodge Viper GT Long-Term Road Test - Introduction

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited June 2015 in Dodge
image2015 Dodge Viper GT Long-Term Road Test - Introduction

A new 645-horsepower 2015 Dodge Viper GT has joined our long-term fleet.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    subatomicsubatomic Member Posts: 140
    I have been commenting for a while that a current generation Viper should be added to the long-term fleet. THANK YOU EDMUNDS! Why add this car to the fleet? Because it exists.
  • Options
    farvyfarvy Member Posts: 34
    Well, we know the skinny tires won't be going on this car. The Introduction didn't mention whether they actually bought this car or if Dodge provided it for free.
  • Options
    boffboff Member Posts: 91
    Two thumbs up. Way up.
  • Options
    5vzfe5vzfe Member Posts: 161
    What, no racing stripes? Awesome car!
  • Options
    thegraduate1thegraduate1 Member Posts: 4
    Seeing the same controls on the Viper that are in my Ram SLT 3.6L (steering wheel buttons, for example) kind of makes me giggle. Either way, great add to the fleet!
  • Options
    kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    Sweet! Excellent choice! This will be a fun car to watch and we'll be sad when her time is up. Put some good miles on her.
  • Options
    ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509
    Very cool. Can't wait to read up on this one! For the money I would WAY rather have a Viper over the Jag. I know they are slightly different beasts but the Viper is just so cool. Beautiful, muscular and yet somewhat practical. It's the American Dream.
  • Options
    ckuersckuers Member Posts: 21
    Where's the Yugo?!
  • Options
    defyant15defyant15 Member Posts: 74
    edited June 2015
    Farvy, the manufacturer provided the car to Edmunds for evaluation (for free). They mention it at the bottom of the article. What is not clear is if Edmunds gets the chance to specify what configuration they want or if they have to accept the car "as provided'', in which case the 'we added option xyz...'part seems strange.

I think Dodge provided the car as they want to boost Viper sales (its not doing well) by pointing out that the car is not a one trick pony. I am personally happy to see it here.
  • Options
    desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    I had no idea the Jag cost the same as this. The Viper is something else. But the elephant in the room is the Vette Z06.
  • Options
    allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    The Viper, unlike the Corvette or a Porsche 911, is not designed to be a daily driver. The Viper is an amazing car but it's designed to be a track car or a weekend car. I can't see anyone driving this to work every day. The Viper is an amazing car and I'm glad Fiat/Chrysler gave you one for testing/advertising. I look forward to your posts.

GM, if you're reading this now would be a good time to drop a Corvette ZO6 off at Edmunds offices. Just saying.
  • Options
    nagantnagant Member Posts: 176
    Ummmm the Viper is BARELY "alive and kicking". Sales are below dismal and with Sergio desperately trying to find a partner to keep Fiat from going belly up, dont expect the Dodge division to be around much longer if he cant. He will have to sell off Jeep and Ram (money printing machines) so Fiat can stay viable. Dont believe it? Read about just how much trouble Fiat really is in. Jeep and Ram are the ONLY things keeping FCA alive.
  • Options
    speednetspeednet Member Posts: 52
    allthingshonda, unlike Dodge, GM doesn't have to drop off a Z06. They are selling just as fast as they can make them.