Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Let's Improve the Grill - 2014 BMW i3 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited July 2015 in BMW
imageLet's Improve the Grill - 2014 BMW i3 Long-Term Road Test

With the power of Photoshop, Edmunds.com looks for ways to improve the grill on the long-term 2014 BMW i3.

Read the full story here

Comments

• yellowbalyellowbal Member Posts: 234
    Looks better with your photochopping. Plus having a clean hood line would make clear bra application stick that much better.
  • kirkhilles_kirkhilles_ Member Posts: 151
    So, just to be clear, the i3 doesn't use the airflow at all for any sort of cooling? Surprising. If so, then scrap the whole fake thing - I thought that was the whole point of re-thinking the vehicle with all of the unique materials and such if you have a fake grill. Just close it and make it cleaner.
  • quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    If we're playing car designer, the first thing that I may do is start with a clean slate...
  • s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    that actually does look better (grill).
  • mecksermeckser Member Posts: 18
    The whole car is a disaster (cosmeticly). Just scrap the thing and start from scratch.

It does need some airflow for cooling and for the air conditioning heat exchanger. The lower grill under the license plate is probably where that air comes from.
  • anotherdrunkanotherdrunk Guest Posts: 30
    edited July 2015
    That front license plate and carpool sticker ruin the important, clean look of your car.
  • csubowtiecsubowtie Member Posts: 143
    I like the different colors, and I'm sure that soon enough cheesy sticker kits will be available to make that a possibility. I don't like the shaved grill. It makes the bulbous front bumper too prominent. The top of the "grilles" provides some visual weight to balance it out.