Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Do Canadians (and Minnesotans) Really Appreciate This? - 2015 Volvo S60 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited July 2015 in Volvo

imageDo Canadians (and Minnesotans) Really Appreciate This? - 2015 Volvo S60 Long-Term Road Test

Our 2015 Volvo S60 displayed a warning about low windshield washer fluid, but I wasn't sure how much the tank would hold.

Read the full story here

Comments

• boffboff Member Posts: 91
    I remember distinctly that the owners manual for our 1992 Integra proclaimed that Canadian cars had a larger washer fluid capacity than our American friends. And yes, I get majorly peeved if the tank takes less than a full jug once the low fluid warning lights.
  • vvkvvk Member Posts: 196
    The washer fluid tank in my old SAAB 900 was absolutely enormous! I would estimate more than 2 gallons. My newer 900 was much smaller in comparison at "just" 6 liters. In countries like Russia that often lasts less than a day!

3 liters is dismally small.
  • veedubber86veedubber86 Member Posts: 57
    You know I have never put washer fluid into a car I owned. The mechanics have always topped it up as a courtesy when I get my oil changed.
  • schen72schen72 Member Posts: 433

You know I have never put washer fluid into a car I owned. The mechanics have always topped it up as a courtesy when I get my oil changed.

I also rarely use my washer fluid. My cars are garaged so they stay pretty clean. Also here in CA it hardly rains.
  • miata52miata52 Member Posts: 114
    I know Canadian-spec Miata's (NC) have a larger washer tank...
  • legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    Bigger is definitely better. They should all be able to hold something like 1.2 gallons or so you when you get low you can top it off with a gallon jug as you did here. I've never had a car with a gauge for the washer fluid but wish I did. That warning is helpful.
  • dm7279dm7279 Member Posts: 63
    I want my windshield clean, so I tend to use a lot of fluid, although I will say I don't use as much since I moved to Texas out of the rust belt.
  • tom_in_mntom_in_mn Member Posts: 61
    Because I buy at least 4 bottles of ww fluid at crack when it's on sale and tend to top off when a storm is coming, this has never bothered me. Some days up here it seems that a washer spray is needed every few wiper cycles.
  • subytrojansubytrojan Member Posts: 120
    Great story-telling, Dan! :) Have a great weekend!
  • 85se85se Member Posts: 11
    Sorry to be late to the party. As a Canadian on the East Coast, I can say yes, it is important and something "everyone" will complain about when the manufacturer gets it wrong!