Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Subaru WRX Lease Questions

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,985
    jc85 said:

Dealer gave me the following info, just wanted to make sure this is right:

2016 WRX Base 6-speed manual
    Residual 71% (36mo/10k)
    MF .00231

I'm in California if that matters

I confirm those numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• hutze1nmhutze1nm Member Posts: 4
    So I am looking at Leasing a 2016 Base/Bare Bones WRX - Here's where I am on the numbers- I'm in Michigan by the way.

.00231 MF
    $1799.00 Down
    Payment of $330
    36 months
    15k/year
    68% Residual

MSRP - $26,595 + $795 Destination = 27139.00

Payment Includes that $300 fee - forget what they called it.

I have 3 questions - 1. Does this make sense and 2. Do you think I can get the MSRP down to a lower "selling price" on a base model I have to order like this?/What should I be reasonably looking to settle at for the price 3. What could I get them to throw in - is there anything usual or customary like free mats or something else? Thanks for any help in advance!
    hutze1nm said:

So I am looking at Leasing a 2016 Base/Bare Bones WRX - Here's where I am on the numbers- I'm in Michigan by the way.

.00231 MF
    $1799.00 Down
    Payment of $330
    36 months
    15k/year
    68% Residual

I have 3 questions - 1. Does this make sense and 2. Do you think I can get the MSRP down to a lower "selling price" on a base model I have to order like this?/What should I be reasonably looking to settle at for the price 3. What could I get them to throw in - is there anything usual or customary like free mats or something else? Thanks for any help in advance!

I confirm the MF and residual numbers.

Use the pricing tools at the top of the page - make / model / year - to help establish a selling price. This number, more than anything else, will drive the size of your payment.

What is the breakdown of the $1799 due at signing? If any of it is a down payment or 'cap cost reduction', we advise against it - if the car is stolen or totaled, you lose that money.

When it comes to extras such as mats or oil changes, the adage "if you don't ask, you don't get" comes to mind.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• larryo_22larryo_22 Member Posts: 6
    So I finally pulled the trigger and order my new 2016 WRX Premium w/Short Throw and All-Weather Mats, Dark Grey. MSRP $30,185, Sale Price $27850, Docs fee $396, Reg/Title prep fee $35 for total payment of $28,281. Are the fees part of the lease payment calculation? I'm leasing for 36 mo./15K miles. At signing/delivery I am paying 7% taxes in Upstate New York, NYS Reg. fees and $0 downpayment. Can you verify the .00224 MF and 65% residual? Please let me know what my monthly payment would be? Thanks again!
    Also, can anyone advise what winter tires that put on their WRX?
    larryo_22 said:

So I finally pulled the trigger and order my new 2016 WRX Premium w/Short Throw and All-Weather Mats, Dark Grey. MSRP $30,185, Sale Price $27850, Docs fee $396, Reg/Title prep fee $35 for total payment of $28,281. Are the fees part of the lease payment calculation? I'm leasing for 36 mo./15K miles. At signing/delivery I am paying 7% taxes in Upstate New York, NYS Reg. fees and $0 downpayment. Can you verify the .00224 MF and 65% residual? Please let me know what my monthly payment would be? Thanks again!

I confirm the MF and residual. With your numbers, I get a payment with tax of $501

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

larryo_22 said:

I confirm the MF and residual. With your numbers, I get a payment with tax of $501
    EDIT - oops, I had my lease spreadsheet set to 24 months, not 36. $372/mo. Oops!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

hutze1nm said:

.00231 MF
    $1799.00 Down
    Payment of $330
    36 months
    15k/year
    68% Residual

Use the pricing tools at the top of the page - make / model / year - to help establish a selling price. This number, more than anything else, will drive the size of your payment.

What is the breakdown of the $1799 due at signing? If any of it is a down payment or 'cap cost reduction', we advise against it - if the car is stolen or totaled, you lose that money.

When it comes to extras such as mats or oil changes, the adage "if you don't ask, you don't get" comes to mind.
    So here's where I ended up -

.00231 MF
    $1799.00 Down
    Payment of $315
    36 months
    15k/year
    68% Residual

Selling Price of $24,845 + $795 Destination = 26640.00

hutze1nm said:

Michaell said:

hutze1nm said:

.00231 MF
    $1799.00 Down
    Payment of $330
    36 months
    15k/year
    68% Residual

.00231 MF
    $1799.00 Down
    Payment of $315
    36 months
    15k/year
    68% Residual

Congrats - enjoy your new WRX!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

hutze1nm said:

Michaell said:

hutze1nm said:

.00231 MF
    $1799.00 Down
    Payment of $330
    36 months
    15k/year
    68% Residual

.00231 MF
    $1799.00 Down
    Payment of $315
    36 months
    15k/year
    68% Residual

Sorry I posted this before asking my question because I haven't signed quite yet - Good/bad/great deal or?
    edited July 2015
    hutze1nm said:

Michaell said:

hutze1nm said:

Michaell said:

hutze1nm said:

.00231 MF
    $1799.00 Down
    Payment of $330
    36 months
    15k/year
    68% Residual

.00231 MF
    $1799.00 Down
    Payment of $315
    36 months
    15k/year
    68% Residual

Sorry I posted this before asking my question because I haven't signed quite yet - Good/bad/great deal or?
    Base MF is used, so that's good. What is the full breakdown of the $1799 due at signing?

Not much discounting on the 2016's yet, so I suspect you'll not get much more than the $1700 off you are seeing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

hutze1nm said:

Michaell said:

hutze1nm said:

Michaell said:

hutze1nm said:

.00231 MF
    $1799.00 Down
    Payment of $330
    36 months
    15k/year
    68% Residual

.00231 MF
    $1799.00 Down
    Payment of $315
    36 months
    15k/year
    68% Residual

Base MF is used, so that's good. What is the full breakdown of the $1799 due at signing?

Not much discounting on the 2016's yet, so I suspect you'll not get much more than the $1700 off you are seeing.
    I wish I knew of the breakdown at this point - but thanks for trying to help with it
    hutze1nm said:

Michaell said:

hutze1nm said:

Michaell said:

hutze1nm said:

Michaell said:

hutze1nm said:

.00231 MF
    $1799.00 Down
    Payment of $330
    36 months
    15k/year
    68% Residual

.00231 MF
    $1799.00 Down
    Payment of $315
    36 months
    15k/year
    68% Residual

I wish I knew of the breakdown at this point - but thanks for trying to help with it
    Ask the dealer - they should be able to provide it to you. If they balk, perhaps there is something going on they don't want you to know about.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• floridagator1floridagator1 Member Posts: 68
    @Michaell @kyfdx what is the residuals and money factors on a 2016 Wrx STI Limited? 10k/mi 36/42months Incentives?

If you don't have the 2016 please give me the 2015 numbers?
    @Michaell @kyfdx what is the residuals and money factors on a 2016 Wrx STI Limited? 10k/mi 36/42months Incentives?

If you don't have the 2016 please give me the 2015 numbers?
    63% and .00217 for 42/10 or 68% and .00225 for 36/10

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited July 2015
    Whats the residual and MF for the 2016 Base WRX STI for 36 months/10k/mi? I saw above that a 36/15k was 69%--residual. For a 36/10k is it 71% or 72% and the MF is .00225? thanks @Michaell @kyfdx
  • boostnutboostnut Member Posts: 13
    I think my dealer and I are in the same ballpark and only still discussing MF, but now I turn to the experts to be sure.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

edited July 2015

1. 2016 WRX Premium w/nav and HK audio, auto dimming and AW mats.  

2. NJ

3. MSRP 32,200

4. CAP 30,100

5. TERM 12/36

6. 595 acq, 395 doc and first due at signing. 

7. Current deal is as described above using a MF of 0.00264 and residual of 67% for a payment around 393 per month. I should qualify for the best MF and I'm hoping to get that info and a general feel for the deal I'm working on.  Thanks! 

@boostnut All I know is that the money factor they gave you is higher than the MF for the month. The Limited model has a .00225 MF so they must be inflating it.
    The MF is .00224 for a premium M6. @boostnut If you read some of the recent questions you can get a lot of answers. Using that money factor the monthly would be around $375 with 6% tax included. You should be able to get a better deal than that. I was in a dealer yesterday and from numbers that I looked at you could probably sign a deal for $349 or so a month. Good luck.
    edited July 2015
    Thank you for confirming the MF.  Reading the previous posts is what caused me to question the MF, I just wanted to confirm what was current for NJ. I was shooting for 370-375 with all else being the same (including NJ 7% tax) and the lower MF, are you saying I should shoot for even lower than that based on your experience? If so, is the difference in the actual cost of the car? 30,100 seemed like a very competitive price with the options that are included, but there could be more there.  
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760

Whats the residual and MF for the 2016 Base WRX STI for 36 months/10k/mi? I saw above that a 36/15k was 69%--residual. For a 36/10k is it 71% or 72% and the MF is .00225? thanks @Michaell @kyfdx

.00225 MF and 72% residual for Base STI, 36mo, 10K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

boostnut said:

2. NJ

3. MSRP 32,200

4. CAP 30,100

5. TERM 12/36

7. Current deal is as described above using a MF of 0.00264 and residual of 67% for a payment around 393 per month. I should qualify for the best MF and I'm hoping to get that info and a general feel for the deal I'm working on.  Thanks! 

.00224 MF and 67% residual. They are marking up the money factor

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

2. NJ

3. MSRP 32,200

4. CAP 30,100

5. TERM 12/36

Thanks!  That's what I figured and now that I'm sure, I'll be much more ready to push for the lower number.  Any input on the rest? 
    boostnut said:

kyfdx said:

2. NJ

3. MSRP 32,200

4. CAP 30,100

5. TERM 12/36

Thanks!  That's what I figured and now that I'm sure, I'll be much more ready to push for the lower number.  Any input on the rest? 

The only variables in a lease are the MF and the selling (cap) price ... as the WRX is so new and still quite popular, we aren't seeing a lot of discounting just yet.

Let the dealer know you won't be signing a deal with an inflated MF. Don't negotiate - they know what the base number is.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

boostnut said:

kyfdx said:

2. NJ

3. MSRP 32,200

4. CAP 30,100

5. TERM 12/36

The only variables in a lease are the MF and the selling (cap) price ... as the WRX is so new and still quite popular, we aren't seeing a lot of discounting just yet.

Let the dealer know you won't be signing a deal with an inflated MF. Don't negotiate - they know what the base number is.

Thank you, hoping to wrap it up later today!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• moodyhankmoodyhank Member Posts: 240
    Can I please get the 36/15 numbers for base/premium/limited for 2015 WRX in Colorado? Is there a term more advantageous than 36 months?
    moodyhank said:

Can I please get the 36/15 numbers for base/premium/limited for 2015 WRX in Colorado? Is there a term more advantageous than 36 months?

Stick shift or CVT?

36 months is the sweet spot.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ffswhymeffswhyme Member Posts: 3
    Can somebody tell me if this is a good deal?

2016 WRX Premium CVT
    Arizona - 85250

MSRP: $31,861
    Selling Price: $29,600 + 595 aftermarket + 370 doc fee + 506 license fee = $31,069 Gross Cap Cost
    36 Month / 10,000 Miles
    MF: .00215
    Residual: 68%

On first blush, MF and residual look fine, but the selling price seems like it could come down and I'm not sure what the fees are. Thanks - first time buying a new car so any help would be much appreciated!
    ffswhyme said:

Can somebody tell me if this is a good deal?

2016 WRX Premium CVT
    Arizona - 85250

MSRP: $31,861
    Selling Price: $29,600 + 595 aftermarket + 370 doc fee + 506 license fee = $31,069 Gross Cap Cost
    36 Month / 10,000 Miles
    MF: .00215
    Residual: 68%

On first blush, MF and residual look fine, but the selling price seems like it could come down and I'm not sure what the fees are. Thanks - first time buying a new car so any help would be much appreciated!

$595 is the acquisition fee. $370 is just money to the dealer. $506 should be title/license fee, but I don't know what those normally run in AZ.

Money factor and residual are correct.

I get $374/mo.+tax. No idea if the selling price is good.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• xander_reignsxander_reigns Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at a 2016 wrx sti limited 6mt with the following info:
    -MSRP $43,000
    -Selling Price $40,000
    -$0 down
    -Tax Rate 4%
    -36month/12k
    -MF .00270
    -Residual 67%

I live in Colorado, and I am curious if the dealer is accurate on the residual and if they are inflating the money factor. Thanks for your time.

-MSRP $43,000
    -Selling Price $40,000
    -$0 down
    -Tax Rate 4%
    -36month/12k
    -MF .00270
    -Residual 67%

I live in Colorado, and I am curious if the dealer is accurate on the residual and if they are inflating the money factor. Thanks for your time.

.00220 MF and 67% residual.

Maximum markup for Subaru MF is .00050.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• xander_reignsxander_reigns Member Posts: 2
    kyfdx said:

-MSRP $43,000
    -Selling Price $40,000
    -$0 down
    -Tax Rate 4%
    -36month/12k
    -MF .00270
    -Residual 67%

Based on this, is it reasonable for me to negotiate the MF down to the .00220 base? Should I expect substantial resistance from the finance department?

kyfdx said:

-MSRP $43,000
    -Selling Price $40,000
    -$0 down
    -Tax Rate 4%
    -36month/12k
    -MF .00270
    -Residual 67%

Based on this, is it reasonable for me to negotiate the MF down to the .00220 base? Should I expect substantial resistance from the finance department?
    "Substantial" is hard to quantify. This is a profit center for them. Politely but firmly explain to them that you won't sign a deal with a marked up MF. They know what the base rate is; no need to negotiate.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• lradke001lradke001 Member Posts: 10
    edited October 2015
    Hello. Can I get an idea of my monthly payments on a STI base and STI Limited. Assuming the sale prices are $36,500 and $39,000. I am looking for a 36/12 lease and can put 3000k or 5500k as a down payment. The monthly payment is really important to me. Please include all taxes and fees etc in the monthly. Zip code is 92592 .Thanks in advance,
    Lee
    lradke001 said:

Hello. Can I get an idea of my monthly payments on a STI base and STI Limited. Assuming the sale prices are $36,500 and $39,000. I am looking for a 36/12 lease and can put 3000k or 5500k as a down payment. The monthly payment is really important to me. Please include all taxes and fees etc in the monthly. Zip code is 92592 .Thanks in advance,
    Lee

What are the MSRPs that go with those sale prices?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

MSRP of the limited STI (2016) is $39,995. Base STI MSRP is $34,695. Thanks
    lradke001 said:

MSRP of the limited STI (2016) is $39,995. Base STI MSRP is $34,695. Thanks

I'm confused - the selling price is higher than the MSRP on the Base?

Base - 68% and .00175

Limited - 64% and .00170

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

And again, im looking to put down 3000k or 5500k if it would make a big differance. Im trying to get the monthly below 400.
    I just went off the edmunds and true car prices that people are paying in my area. Does that not apply to a lease?
    lradke001 said:

I just went off the edmunds and true car prices that people are paying in my area. Does that not apply to a lease?

Pick one model at a time... give us the MSRP and selling price... all in one nice tidy sentence.. ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

lradke001 said:

And again, im looking to put down 3000k or 5500k if it would make a big differance. Im trying to get the monthly below 400.

For the Limited, I get $526/mo assuming 9% sales tax. Base, $500/mo.

Every $1000 down will reduce your payment by $28/mo

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

So $526 a month for the limited is with zero down right?
    lradke001 said:

So $526 a month for the limited is with zero down right?

Correct...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Awesome. So with 5 or 6k down, ill have a payment between 355 and 385. Thanks a ton!
    lradke001 said:

Awesome. So with 5 or 6k down, ill have a payment between 355 and 385. Thanks a ton!

Best of luck ... let us know how it turns out.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited December 2015
    Can I get the monthly payments I can expect on a 2016 WRX Limited, 6spd M? Sale price of $30,020, MSRP of 31,190. (this will be my backup if I cant get into the STI)
    12k/3yr. I'm looking to put down 2000 - 3000k. Thanks
    lradke001 said:

Can I get the monthly payments I can expect on a 2016 WRX Limited, 6spd M? Sale price of $30,020, MSRP of 31,190. (this will be my backup if I cant get into the STI)
    12k/3yr. I'm looking to put down 2000 - 3000k. Thanks

.00185 MF and 64% residual

$372/mo.+tax

Due at signing: 1st payment, acquisition fee, title/registration/doc fees.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

is that 372 with 0 down?
    lradke001 said:

is that 372 with 0 down?

Yes, using the MSRP and selling price you provided.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator