Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Hyundai Elantra Lease Questions

MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,241
edited July 2015 in Hyundai
Ask your 2016 Elantra and Elantra GT lease questions here!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Comments

• mittencuhmittencuh Member Posts: 50
    Looking for the numbers for 10/36 on a base 6 speed Elantra GT. Thanks! Hopefully narrowing down my search after months of looking.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,241
    mittencuh said:

Looking for the numbers for 10/36 on a base 6 speed Elantra GT. Thanks! Hopefully narrowing down my search after months of looking.

.00008 and 60%. $300 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• raloraralora Member Posts: 233
    What are July's residual and MF for 2016 Elantra sedan Limited and Sport auto for 36mo./15k miles?
    ralora said:
    What are July's residual and MF for 2016 Elantra sedan Limited and Sport auto for 36mo./15k miles?
    Limited - .00063 and 56%

Sport - .00116 and 57%

$800 lease cash. 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• raloraralora Member Posts: 233
    Thanks!
  • wallyworld2005wallyworld2005 Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2015
    Hi, I am just wondering what questions we can ask here? I have questions about the lease details I was provided as well as to which credit score is pulled and used (is it a straight bureau score, or the auto enhanced scores) as I will be borderline 700 depending on which is used?

I was looking at a low end 2016 A/T Elantra Value Edition, however, if I am better off buying more car for better residual or some other suggestion I will certainly take it.

These are the numbers I was provided for the above model:

MSRP $20,855
    Dealer Markdown/discount -$,1,345
    Initial Cap Cost $19,510
    Bank Fee $595
    Rebates: $1,800 (currently a Hyundai owner, summer cash promo, and lease rebate/incentives)
    Adjusted Cap: $18,305
    LEV%: 59
    Residual Value: $12,304.45
    Downpayment: $0
    Tax Rate: 6.5% (Massachusetts)
    Term: 36 months
    Mileage: 12k/year

I was quoted approximately $212.54 (which included tax) with $880.54 due at start which included inspection, title & tags, doc fee, and first month's payment. If I reversed engineered the MF correctly that ends up at 0.00109 or roughly 2.61%.

I was given straight 60 & 70 month finance price of $17,010 on the above vehicle (as it qualifies for an additional $700 in rebates somewhere). At a second dealer, the best finance (not lease) price I was given was roughly $500 less than the above deal, but I did not as of yet get any lease term numbers.

Any information or help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Hi, I am just wondering what questions we can ask here? I have questions about the lease details I was provided as well as to which credit score is pulled and used (is it a straight bureau score, or the auto enhanced scores) as I will be borderline 700 depending on which is used?

I was looking at a low end 2016 A/T Elantra Value Edition, however, if I am better off buying more car for better residual or some other suggestion I will certainly take it.

These are the numbers I was provided for the above model:

MSRP $20,855
    Dealer Markdown/discount -$,1,345
    Initial Cap Cost $19,510
    Bank Fee $595
    Rebates: $1,800 (currently a Hyundai owner, summer cash promo, and lease rebate/incentives)
    Adjusted Cap: $18,305
    LEV%: 59
    Residual Value: $12,304.45
    Downpayment: $0
    Tax Rate: 6.5% (Massachusetts)
    Term: 36 months
    Mileage: 12k/year

I was quoted approximately $212.54 (which included tax) with $880.54 due at start which included inspection, title & tags, doc fee, and first month's payment. If I reversed engineered the MF correctly that ends up at 0.00109 or roughly 2.61%.

I was given straight 60 & 70 month finance price of $17,010 on the above vehicle (as it qualifies for an additional $700 in rebates somewhere). At a second dealer, the best finance (not lease) price I was given was roughly $500 less than the above deal, but I did not as of yet get any lease term numbers.

Any information or help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

The lease numbers on the 2016 Elantra Value Edition are .00069 and 59%. Dealer can mark up the MF for more profit; looks like that's what they did here. $800 lease cash is also available.

With your MSRP and adjusted cap cost, I get a payment of $200/mo after tax. So, the marked up MF is costing you about $12.50/mo or $450 over the life of the lease.

You might check with other dealers to see if you can get more of a discount from sticker before the incentives are applied.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks very much. I believe that the $800 lease cash is part of the $1800 listed as rebates/incentives. $500 each for hyundai owner and summer cash promo and $800 lease (I think that goes to $1500 for buying).

Your advice about discount from the sticker before the incentives is what I got at Dealer B where I got the buy price to $19,000 ($16,500 after buy incentives) which is basically $500 lower that the dealer that quoted me the numbers above.

I do understand that the dealers have the ability to hide more money within the deal on a lease and as you have pointed out it appears that they have done that. Can you provide any other tips for negotiating the best deal? Is there any rough guideline of how far they will drop the price down of the MSRP sticker they will go or do I just keep haggling back and forth between dealers?

I also had the question about which score/bureau is used and whether or not it was straight bureau or the auto enhanced version.

Thanks again!

Thanks very much. I believe that the $800 lease cash is part of the $1800 listed as rebates/incentives. $500 each for hyundai owner and summer cash promo and $800 lease (I think that goes to $1500 for buying).

Your advice about discount from the sticker before the incentives is what I got at Dealer B where I got the buy price to $19,000 ($16,500 after buy incentives) which is basically $500 lower that the dealer that quoted me the numbers above.

I do understand that the dealers have the ability to hide more money within the deal on a lease and as you have pointed out it appears that they have done that. Can you provide any other tips for negotiating the best deal? Is there any rough guideline of how far they will drop the price down of the MSRP sticker they will go or do I just keep haggling back and forth between dealers?

I also had the question about which score/bureau is used and whether or not it was straight bureau or the auto enhanced version.

Thanks again!

We don't track selling prices - use the "make / model / year" pull downs at the top of the page to help get the best pricing.

Getting multiple dealers involved will help you get the best price.

Don't know the answer to the credit score question.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

thank you for all the detailed information it made the negotiation process much easier when they know that I know a good portion of their numbers. 

I had been considering a 3 year lease but what I never thought to ask was if there is any sort of sweet spot in lease length?  Should I consider a 2 year lease instead, or will the eventual payment numbers be relatively the same regardless of the term length (I do understand that the ELV% and MF may and should change). Nothing says I absolutely MUST lease for 3 years which is why I am asking. 

thank you for all the detailed information it made the negotiation process much easier when they know that I know a good portion of their numbers. 

I had been considering a 3 year lease but what I never thought to ask was if there is any sort of sweet spot in lease length?  Should I consider a 2 year lease instead, or will the eventual payment numbers be relatively the same regardless of the term length (I do understand that the ELV% and MF may and should change). Nothing says I absolutely MUST lease for 3 years which is why I am asking. 

Most lease sweet spots are at 36 months; occasionally we'll see favorable MF or residual values for a 24 month lease (Nissan Leaf, for example), or 39 months (some Chrysler products in the past few months).

It all depends on the car and the trim level; as noted, you'd have to run both sets of numbers to see which lease length makes the most sense.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Ok, can you please provide the numbers on 24, and 39 months for a base Elantra with the value package and auto transmission?

On this specific car, I got 1 dealer down to $197/month including tax with $867 out of pocket (which covers first month payment, tags, title, inspection, and $498 doc fee) for a 12k/36 month deal which includes the first months payment on an MSRP of $20855 with the $1800 incentives.  They said they are making $200 on the car total at that point as they have said they included the dealer cash and the holdback in the deal. I don't know if that is true or not...

The second dealer offered $189/month including taxes with $0 out of pocket making it a true sign and drive deal on a $20,885 MSRP on a 12k/36month deal. This dealer said they are losing money on the deal by covering the fees (tag, title, inspection and no doc fee). 

Dealer 1 said they couldn't touch Dealer 2 pricing and said if that is the true deal I am getting it is a good deal.  Your thoughts?

Thank you again
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,062

Ok, can you please provide the numbers on 24, and 39 months for a base Elantra with the value package and auto transmission?

On this specific car, I got 1 dealer down to $197/month including tax with $867 out of pocket (which covers first month payment, tags, title, inspection, and $498 doc fee) for a 12k/36 month deal which includes the first months payment on an MSRP of $20855 with the $1800 incentives.  They said they are making $200 on the car total at that point as they have said they included the dealer cash and the holdback in the deal. I don't know if that is true or not...

The second dealer offered $189/month including taxes with $0 out of pocket making it a true sign and drive deal on a $20,885 MSRP on a 12k/36month deal. This dealer said they are losing money on the deal by covering the fees (tag, title, inspection and no doc fee). 

Dealer 1 said they couldn't touch Dealer 2 pricing and said if that is the true deal I am getting it is a good deal.  Your thoughts?

Thank you again

Don't see a 24 month program for the Elantra

2016 Elantra SE automatic. 39 mo, 12K/yr. .00057 MF and 56% residual. $800 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you. I signed the lease this morning 12k/36 with $900 out of pocket (doc fee, 1st month, tags and title) on an MSRP of $20855. My payment with MA taxes comes to $189.11. 

Thank you. I signed the lease this morning 12k/36 with $900 out of pocket (doc fee, 1st month, tags and title) on an MSRP of $20855. My payment with MA taxes comes to $189.11. 

Congrats! Enjoy the new Elantra!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Rukman WRukman W Member Posts: 40
    Residual and money factor on Elantra limited with navi for 36/12 in NJ...?

thanks!
    namkur said:

Residual and money factor on Elantra limited with navi for 36/12 in NJ...?

thanks!

Sorry...no Hyundai information available to us.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• moonwoomoonwoo Member Posts: 65
    Do you guys have MF/LC/RV for SE and Sport both manual? Looking for 36/12 lease in MO. Thank you
    moonwoo said:

Do you guys have MF/LC/RV for SE and Sport both manual? Looking for 36/12 lease in MO. Thank you

36/12 numbers:

2016 Elantra SE MT - .00021 and 55%. $1000 lease cash

2016 Elantra Sport MT - .00078 and 58%. $800 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Sounds good. Thank you for posting.
    Have the numbers changed on the Elantras? If so, could I get numbers for 12000/36 for SE manual and GT manual? Thanks again.
    moonwoo said:

Have the numbers changed on the Elantras? If so, could I get numbers for 12000/36 for SE manual and GT manual? Thanks again.

No Hyundai numbers this month, sorry.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Gotcha. Thank you for the reply
  • harish_kumar13harish_kumar13 Member Posts: 6
    Hi, Can someone plz provide me MF and RV for 2015 Hyundai Elantra 4dr Auto SE in NJ for current month... Also, is there any discounts going around on the price (Lease cash or bonus) and what is the criteria to qualify for that... Appreciate your help... Thanks in advance...
  • harish_kumar13harish_kumar13 Member Posts: 6
    sorry forgot to add that I am looking for 12k miles 36 months

Hi, Can someone plz provide me MF and RV for 2015 Hyundai Elantra 4dr Auto SE in NJ for current month... Also, is there any discounts going around on the price (Lease cash or bonus) and what is the criteria to qualify for that... Appreciate your help... Thanks in advance...

Sorry, we didn't get the Hyundai lease numbers, this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

moonwoo said:

SE Manual - .00027 and 55%. $1500 lease cash

GT Manual - .00033 and 58%. $1250 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

sorry forgot to add that I am looking for 12k miles 36 months

.00035 and 56%. $1500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• khuzbuzkhuzbuz Member Posts: 55
    Hello I'm looking to lease an Elantra in Maryland. Please provide the relevant lease details for a 36month/15k miles per year.

Elantra Sport
    SE with Value Edition

Elantra Sport
    SE with Value Edition
    khuzbuz said:

Hello I'm looking to lease an Elantra in Maryland. Please provide the relevant lease details for a 36month/15k miles per year.

Elantra Sport
    SE with Value Edition

Elantra Sport
    SE with Value Edition

2016 Sport - .00092 and 56%
    2016 SE - .00035 and 54%
    $1500 lease cash

2015 Sport - .00093 and 54%
    2015 SE - .00021 and 52%
    $3000 lease cash

Assuming automatic transmission for all.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• audi_manaudi_man Member Posts: 64
    edited October 2015
    On the market for the 2016 Elantra SE w/ popular package MSRP $19.985 36m/15k. What would be the reasonable negotiated selling price for this vehicle ? is lease cash $1750 available to everyone?

Would you be able to provide with MF/ RV for 36m/15k ? Thx
    audi_man said:

On the market for the 2016 Elantra SE w/ popular package MSRP $19.985 36m/15k. What would be the reasonable negotiated selling price for this vehicle ? is lease cash $1750 available to everyone?

Would you be able to provide with MF/ RV for 36m/15k ? Thx

Automatic? .00035 and 54%. $1500 lease cash.

Lease cash is factory to dealer. Use that knowledge when negotiating your best price.

Use the price tools at the top of the page - make / model / year - to help set a target.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited October 2015
    Yes, Automatic. Their website shows $1750 lease cash not $1500.
    From my experience these tools are not accurate. In real life you may get different numbers.. I wanted to hear from someone who could share their real negotiated price experience. That would help a lot.
    Thanks
    audi_man said:

Yes, Automatic. Their website shows $1750 lease cash not $1500.
    From my experience these tools are not accurate. In real life you may get different numbers.. I wanted to hear from someone who could share their real negotiated price experience. That would help a lot.
    Thanks

It's possible the lease cash has changed and we don't know about it.

I agree with the comment regarding the tools; but, it's a place to start.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I received the following offer on a 2016 Elantra Sport - 36month/15k miles per year:

MSRP - $22,650
    Price - $19,966
    Rebate - $2,000
    Residual – 57% / $12,910
    Rate – 0.00084
    Acquisition Fee - $595
    Govt Fee - $292
    MD Tax - $1,216
    Doc Fee - $299
    $0 Down Sign and Drive - $242/month

Any thoughts on the possibility of getting a better monthly payment?
    khuzbuz said:

I received the following offer on a 2016 Elantra Sport - 36month/15k miles per year:

MSRP - $22,650
    Price - $19,966
    Rebate - $2,000
    Residual – 57% / $12,910
    Rate – 0.00084
    Acquisition Fee - $595
    Govt Fee - $292
    MD Tax - $1,216
    Doc Fee - $299

I confirm the .00084 and 58% residual for 36/15 on the Elantra Sport MT.

Only way to get a better payment is to negotiate a lower selling price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

khuzbuz said:

MSRP - $22,650
    Price - $19,966
    Rebate - $2,000
    Residual – 57% / $12,910
    Rate – 0.00084
    Acquisition Fee - $595
    Govt Fee - $292
    MD Tax - $1,216
    Doc Fee - $299

This is supposed to me an AT. Are the rates and residual's different?
    khuzbuz said:

Michaell said:

khuzbuz said:

MSRP - $22,650
    Price - $19,966
    Rebate - $2,000
    Residual – 57% / $12,910
    Rate – 0.00084
    Acquisition Fee - $595
    Govt Fee - $292
    MD Tax - $1,216
    Doc Fee - $299

This is supposed to me an AT. Are the rates and residual's different?
    .00092 MF on the AT.. We actually show 56% residual for 36/15.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited October 2015
    khuzbuz said:

MSRP - $22,650
    Price - $19,966
    Rebate - $2,000
    Residual – 57% / $12,910
    Rate – 0.00084
    Acquisition Fee - $595
    Govt Fee - $292
    MD Tax - $1,216
    Doc Fee - $299

What is the invoice price? MF is kind of to high 2.02% In November should be better programm. you don't want to wait few more days ?
    Invoice is $21,961. The MF might go down in the next few weeks, but the residual value will probably decrease by a greater percentage. Are the deals better towards the end of the year when a majority of people aren't thinking of buying cars during the holiday season, versus waiting till sometime next year once the 2017 bodystyle comes out?
    khuzbuz said:

Invoice is $21,961. The MF might go down in the next few weeks, but the residual value will probably decrease by a greater percentage. Are the deals better towards the end of the year when a majority of people aren't thinking of buying cars during the holiday season, versus waiting till sometime next year once the 2017 bodystyle comes out?

I would think that the deals will be spectacular on the 2016 "old" body style as the 2017's roll out to the dealers

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

and when we should expect 2017 models?
    audi_man said:

and when we should expect 2017 models?

Next year sometime ..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• AlexMMAlexMM Member Posts: 163
    edited November 2015
    can you please give me MF and Residual for 2016 value Edition for 36month/15k mile per year and also 36/18K?
    is there any Lease/ Dealer cash Offer on this car?
    and my zip code is 32095

can you please give me MF and Residual for 2016 value Edition for 36month/15k mile per year and also 36/18K?
    is there any Lease/ Dealer cash Offer on this car?
    and my zip code is 32095

I'll assume that the Value Edition is an SE?

.00161 MF and 52% residual for 36/15. $3000 lease cash.

No 18K/yr allowances for Hyundai.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

It's me again. Looking to do a 36month/15k mile lease on an SE with popular package or the Sport in Maryland. Please provide the MF, Residuals and incentives for both 2015's and 2016's. 

khuzbuz said:

It's me again. Looking to do a 36month/15k mile lease on an SE with popular package or the Sport in Maryland. Please provide the MF, Residuals and incentives for both 2015's and 2016's. 

2016: .00161 MF and 52% residual. $3000 lease cash
    2015: .00035 MF and 50% residual. $3500 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Is this SE or Sport. I need both trims for both years
    kyfdx said:

2016: .00161 MF and 52% residual. $3000 lease cash 2015: .00035 MF and 50% residual. $3500 lease cash
    Is this the SE or Sport? I need both trims. 
    khuzbuz said:

kyfdx said:

khuzbuz said:

2016: .00161 MF and 52% residual. $3000 lease cash
    2015: .00035 MF and 50% residual. $3500 lease cash

Is this the SE or Sport? I need both trims. 

Numbers quoted are for the SE with automatic.

Sport numbers:
    2016 - .00176 and 53%. $3000 lease cash.
    2015 - .00099 and 52%. $3500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator