Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

02 Rendezvous CXL service vehicle and service engine lights issues

jerileejerilee Member Posts: 4
edited July 2015 in Buick
2002 Buick Rendezvous - A few weeks ago the check engine light came on, but the scanner tool would not turn on to read the code. The lighter outlets wouldn't work and neither would on star. I changed fuse 32 under the hood and it fixed all those issues. Then, the other day the service engine soon light came on and the scanner tool wouldn't turn on to read it again. The fuse is not blown this time. Shortly after, the service vehicle soon light also came on. Now the fuel gage stopped working. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! 

Answers

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Did you check the cigarette lighter fuse?
  • jerileejerilee Member Posts: 4
    Yes, the fuse is fine this time. It was blown a few weeks ago, but replaced the fuse and the service engine light went out, the code scanner worked on it again and the lighter outlets and Onstar worked again. Now, code scanners won't turn on to read the codes again and both lights (service engine & service vehicle) are on. 
  • ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655
    Hhmm fuse 32, thats not for BCM is it?
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    BCM is #28. #32 is aux power.
    I had to replace the fuel tank sensor a couple years ago, so I'm sure that's the problem with the gage again. But my biggest concern is the computer not working for the scanner to read the codes. My finance company has the GPS on it and if they aren't getting a reading either, I'm worried they will come get it thinking it was tampered with. I have heard that they did it to someone else because the battery died and they couldn't get a reading because of it. I'm assuming, from what I read, the Service Vehicle Soon light came on bc it couldn't communicate to know why the Service Engine light came on and is acting as a backup. But any ideas of why scanners aren't working, besides the fuse being bad, would help so much! Thank you all!
  • ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655

BCM is #28. #32 is aux power.

I knew that 28 was BCM,, just forgot ;) Is there a likely candidate fuse in cabin fuse box, or check them all ?
    I'm not sure. I'm a woman that don't know much about vehicles lol and what I do know, is from all the vehicle repairs over the years. But this is driving me crazy though. I've checked the fuse diagram, to look for anything else that might stick out as an obvious cause and can't find anything. 
  • clk12345clk12345 Member Posts: 2
    I am having exactly the same problem. My 2002 rdv has the check engine light on and the scanner tool won't power up. I will try the suggested fixes and let you know how it turns out.