Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Volvo XC90 Lease Questions

saftey1stsaftey1st Member Posts: 18
edited April 2015 in Volvo
I am looking for the MF and Residuals for the 2016 XC90 Inscription. Terms would be 36 months, 12k or 15k miles.

Thanks in advance!

Best Answers

Answers

• Testing123Testing123 Member Posts: 113
    I went to the local Volvo dealer. They are getting the first XC90 in the dealership for demo purposes and test driving in May 2015. The lady said that the vehicles will be tricking in shortly thereafter between May and June. Those looking for Inscription models will probably need to wait until Aug-Sep.

Honestly, given the demand that XC90 currently had - 24000 pre-sold, I do not know how much of a wiggle room one might have in negotiating a best possible deal. It is good to have folks post the prices paid (along with options/packages).
  • saftey1stsaftey1st Member Posts: 18
    I don't really expect much wiggle room on MSRP(I think the MSRP is a steal for what you get), but I do hope to see aggressive leasing deals. I was playing around with the lease calculator on the Volvo site for the new XC90 and the lease numbers were insane. I don't know what residual or MF they were using, but it was god awful. I am looking to hit at least 59% residual and a MF of 0.00129. I got those numbers on my 2015 Escalade, and that was for one of the first ones in my state (when they back ordered and sold out for the next six months). Does anyone know if(with Volvo) you can do multiple security deposits to lower your MF like BMW leasing does?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,221
    saftey1st said:

I don't really expect much wiggle room on MSRP(I think the MSRP is a steal for what you get), but I do hope to see aggressive leasing deals. I was playing around with the lease calculator on the Volvo site for the new XC90 and the lease numbers were insane. I don't know what residual or MF they were using, but it was god awful. I am looking to hit at least 59% residual and a MF of 0.00129. I got those numbers on my 2015 Escalade, and that was for one of the first ones in my state (when they back ordered and sold out for the next six months). Does anyone know if(with Volvo) you can do multiple security deposits to lower your MF like BMW leasing does?

We haven't heard of any Volvo MSD programs.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

edited May 2015
    Some dealers are selling demos this month.... any updates on MF on Residual ? **UPDATE** I got numbers for May! 58% Residual and .00166 MF (this is for Inscription 36/12K ). Looks like I will be waiting a bit, Volvo's lease not as good as the lease on my Cadillac.
    saftey1st said:

Some dealers are selling demos this month.... any updates on MF on Residual ? **UPDATE** I got numbers for May! 58% Residual and .00166 MF (this is for Inscription 36/12K ). Looks like I will be waiting a bit, Volvo's lease not as good as the lease on my Cadillac.

I agree. If those are indeed the numbers for XC90 May, they are out of their mind. I will wait until the following things happen - 1) IIHS gives its rating on the new vehicle (I dont doubt XC90's safety but just to be sure); 2) I want to see what others are paying. I am looking at at least $3000-$4000 under invoice. Perhaps I am not being realistic but I cannot imagine paying anything over that. I heard that BMW is selling $8000 to $9000 below invoice with discounts, dealer holdback etc.

saftey1st said:

I agree. If those are indeed the numbers for XC90 May, they are out of their mind. I will wait until the following things happen - 1) IIHS gives its rating on the new vehicle (I dont doubt XC90's safety but just to be sure); 2) I want to see what others are paying. I am looking at at least $3000-$4000 under invoice. Perhaps I am not being realistic but I cannot imagine paying anything over that. I heard that BMW is selling $8000 to $9000 below invoice with discounts, dealer holdback etc.

I will definitely wait, or just go with (like you said) a BMW X5. BMW rarely charges MSRP on any of its models, unless it is a super super hot item like the new M3. That being said within a few months of its release there were people only paying 1K over invoice and getting 66% residual and .00129 MF. Along with great great prices, and leasing deals, you can also multiply your security deposits to get and even lower MF with BMW. If that is not enough BMW probably has the best 3yr/36K warranty/maintenance plan. Even wear and tear items are covered like your windshield wiper blades and brakes.

I love Volvo's commitment to safety (especially the new XC90) and I feel their safety tech is second to no one (including the new S Class). I am however disappointed that they would try to cash in with the new XC90. Volvo should be worried about long term growth and bringing new clients to the brand. It seems like they are only looking short term and are trying to maximize profit off of ONE hot model. This could be Volvo's last chance to bring in customers from the other luxury brands, but they will scare them away with inflated lease programs.
    I went to a dealer recently, test drove the vehicle. Minus the rattle coming at 25 MPH on local road from the front cockpit area around the center bowers and wilkens speaker, they did an awesome job with the vehicle. No wind noise, no road noise and the overall NVH is pretty decent.

The dealer said not even a penny under MSRP. I said thank you and walked out. Of course, I could have put in a $2000 refundable deposit but whats the point of blocking my 2 grand for nothing. I will wait until the Wow Factor comes down a bit.

If Volvo does not want to sell the vehicle under MSRP (which is ridiculous), they can manufacture and keep all the vehicles at their Torslanda or Gotherburg facility or ship them to Geely in China (the parent company of Volvo) and sell them in China. The Chinese have better purchasing power than Americans or Europeans these days.

On the other hand, if Volvo is looking to break the barrier built by Lexus, MB, BMW, and Audi, then it needs to sell these vehicles at a price that is palatable to those wanting to buy a Volvo. Volvo is also going to have to fight hard to break the perception that it is a Chinese owned and managed company. As such, Volvo's pricing does not make any sense.

I went to a dealer recently, test drove the vehicle. Minus the rattle coming at 25 MPH on local road from the front cockpit area around the center bowers and wilkens speaker, they did an awesome job with the vehicle. No wind noise, no road noise and the overall NVH is pretty decent.

The dealer said not even a penny under MSRP. I said thank you and walked out. Of course, I could have put in a $2000 refundable deposit but whats the point of blocking my 2 grand for nothing. I will wait until the Wow Factor comes down a bit.

If Volvo does not want to sell the vehicle under MSRP (which is ridiculous), they can manufacture and keep all the vehicles at their Torslanda or Gotherburg facility or ship them to Geely in China (the parent company of Volvo) and sell them in China. The Chinese have better purchasing power than Americans or Europeans these days.

On the other hand, if Volvo is looking to break the barrier built by Lexus, MB, BMW, and Audi, then it needs to sell these vehicles at a price that is palatable to those wanting to buy a Volvo. Volvo is also going to have to fight hard to break the perception that it is a Chinese owned and managed company. As such, Volvo's pricing does not make any sense.

Great Post..... I agree 100% ..... If they were willing to deal, one would be sitting in my garage right now!
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,156
    saftey1st said:

Great Post..... I agree 100% ..... If they were willing to deal, one would be sitting in my garage right now!
    I think it will be some time before the supply and demand balance out and discounts become available.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

edited May 2015
    Dear Michaell: I hope so but Volvo is not realizing one thing: Fully redesigned Q7 with 230 lbs lighter is hitting the dealerships in late 2015 or early 2016. People like me and perhaps "Safety1st" will want to test drive a Q7 when it comes before we decide if we want to buy a Volvo. If Volvo decides not to reduce the vehicle price between now and next few months before Q7 arrives, then Audi will eat some of Volvo's lunches. It is shame that Volvo is not seeing how the market is playing out. They are near-sighted and losing foresight to see the bigger picture here.

I spoke with a dealer that let me test drive. He agreed that prices might begin to drop 6-8 months from now and he will call me back once that happens because I told him that while I like XC90, I am not in any urgency or desperation to buy the vehicle at full MSRP. I have always bought vehicles 1-3 grand below invoice.

Since I am going to wait another 6-8 months, I will certainly test drive Q7 and make a decision at that time. Good luck to Volvo trying to steer some of Audi, MB, and Lexus customers. Almost forgot to mention: while it is not in the same league (5 seater vs 7), the redesigned Lexus RX-350 is around the corner. Volvo - if you are reading this, your lunch might be eaten not just by Audi but also by Lexus.
    http://www.independent.ie/life/motoring/car-news/q-is-for-quiet-as-audis-slimmer-q7-suv-shows-its-no-shrinking-violet-31254824.html

It says in there: "They see it taking sales from rivals and I'd reckon a big selling point will focus on those compact looks and lower prices - as well, of course, as a big range of driver assist and infotainment systems."

Volvo's delayed release of XC90 is a bad thing for Volvo and Q7 party crashing XC90 is a good thing for Audi.
  • dalemadalema Member Posts: 91
    Hi. For a Volvo XC90 T6 Inscription - do you have MF and residual for 24, 36, 39 months lease at 7.500 and 10,000 miles.

Also, wondering if you have anything on the T8?

Thanks!
  • Davo818Davo818 Member Posts: 10
    Hello, do you have MF and residual for 24, 36, and 39 months lease at 7,500 and 10,000 miles for a Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum, R-Design, and Inscription?

Thanks in Advance!
    dalema said:
    Hi. For a Volvo XC90 T6 Inscription - do you have MF and residual for 24, 36, 39 months lease at 7.500 and 10,000 miles. Also, wondering if you have anything on the T8? Thanks!
    No 2016 XC90 numbers yet. 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• dmater01dmater01 Member Posts: 5
    Was just quoted 53K MSRP for a 2016 XC90 Momentum . 3yr lease with 10k per yr and $0 cap cost reduction. 61% residual and .00166 MF = $715 Monthly payment...How much can I negotiate the MF??
  • aofkaofk Member Posts: 5
    Are there 2016 XC90 lease numbers available yet? Thanks,
    dmater01 said:

Was just quoted 53K MSRP for a 2016 XC90 Momentum . 3yr lease with 10k per yr and $0 cap cost reduction. 61% residual and .00166 MF = $715 Monthly payment...How much can I negotiate the MF??

These lease numbers seem really high. Lease numbers for the MDX, QX60 and Arcadia are far lower (from my research).

aofk said:

Yes, we finally got them. What trim, lease term and miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

saftey1st said:

dmater01 said:

These lease numbers seem really high. Lease numbers for the MDX, QX60 and Arcadia are far lower (from my research).

36/10 numbers on the Momentum are .00150 and 60%. Dealer can mark up the MF but can't touch the residual.

XC90 is brand new and somewhat limited .. Volvo must figure they can overcharge the early adopters.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

aofk said:

Thanks. I am interested in the numbers for T6 Inscription, 36 months and both 12K and 15K miles per year.
    aofk said:
    Thanks. I am interested in the numbers for T6 Inscription, 36 months and both 12K and 15K miles per year.
    .00150 and 55% for 36/15. Add 2% for 12k per year

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

aofk said:

Michaell said:

aofk said:

.00150 and 55% for 36/15. Add 2% for 12k per year

Thank you. You said it on the overcharge.
  • zmm1zmm1 Member Posts: 11
    Does anyone have numbers on the T8? Looking to lease a fully loaded T8 for 3 years with 25K miles a year.
    zmm1 said:

Does anyone have numbers on the T8? Looking to lease a fully loaded T8 for 3 years with 25K miles a year.

I don't have any information on the T8.

25,000 miles a year? That will kill your residuals - .20/mile for every mile over 15,000, or a $6000 hit on the residual. Might be better off buying it outright.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• dalemadalema Member Posts: 91
    Michaell said:

aofk said:

Great - for the T6 Inscription, I would be interested in the residual and MF for 36 and 39 month with 7,500 and 10,000 miles.

Will also be interested in T8 hybrid numbers when available.

Thanks!

dalema said:

Michaell said:

aofk said:

Great - for the T6 Inscription, I would be interested in the residual and MF for 36 and 39 month with 7,500 and 10,000 miles.

Will also be interested in T8 hybrid numbers when available.

Thanks!

.00150 MF

36/10 residual is 58%; add 1% for 7,500 miles per year and subtract 2% for 39 months

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

This discussion has been closed.