Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

A Practical Baby Hauler, But Up to a Point - 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited July 2015 in Chevrolet
imageA Practical Baby Hauler, But Up to a Point - 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Long-Term Road Test

A very large, rear-facing convertible car seat fits in our 2015 Chevrolet Colorado. If you keep your expectations reasonable, this midsize truck can work as a baby hauler.

Read the full story here

Comments

• mecksermeckser Member Posts: 18
    This also means its completely impractical for two children families.
  • jfa1177jfa1177 Member Posts: 52
    If they are in rear facing car seats. My 06 Mazda 3 could handle 2 kids without issue; however, they were in front facing car seats by the time I got it. I'd guess it had the same or less rear seat room than the Colorado without the advantage of the elevated seating position.
  • throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    The higher ground clearance is one of the reasons SUVs are popular eith families. Much easier to get a kid in and out
  • cjasiscjasis Member Posts: 274
    1. Congrat's on the little one. Kids change everything, for the better!
    2. Go Angels!
  • hoseclamphoseclamp Member Posts: 13
    Get Dan to approve a roll-up style tonneau cover on the bed for easy storage of the gear in the bed (e.g. stroller) when it's raining, but easy to move out of the way by 1-person when the bed is truly needed to haul bigger stuff.
  • sdpadsfansdpadsfan Member Posts: 14
    hoseclamp said:

Get Dan to approve a roll-up style tonneau cover on the bed for easy storage of the gear in the bed (e.g. stroller) when it's raining, but easy to move out of the way by 1-person when the bed is truly needed to haul bigger stuff.

We added a roll-up tonneau to my wife's '06 Tacoma when our first daughter was born. It made all the difference in the world. In fact, the Tacoma became a better family vehicle than the '04 Jetta I was driving at the time.

• justin5779justin5779 Member Posts: 1
    meckser said:

This also means its completely impractical for two children families.

I was worried this would be true, but turned out not to be the case for our family (me, wife, 3 year old and 3 week old). My main concern was that the infant seat wouldn't fit or would require the front-passenger seat to be adjusted all the way forward making it impossible/uncomfortable to use.

However, after installing the front facing car seat and the infant seat (rear facing), it turns out it's not a problem at all. In fact, my wife has plenty of space (she's about 5'4"). Perhaps it'll be an issue when our 3 week old transitions to a rear facing convertible when she gets older. But if that's the case we'll only be impacted for about a year or so.

So far, so good though.