Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Compressor turns on if I jump it, but the relays are good.

texasgatortexasgator Member Posts: 2
edited July 2015 in Honda
Just had a complete service done to my a/c system on my 2000 CRV because the compressor wasn't coming on. It's ready to go, but my compressor won't run. Service tech says that when they jump the compressor relays, the compressor runs and the a/c works the way it's supposed to. Says there's something wrong with the electrical system between dash and relays. Any ideas? The cabin fan only works in high as well, none of the mid-range settings. Related issues? Thanks!

Answers

• joejoesonjoejoeson Member Posts: 44
    If you are using a jumper wire and bypassing the relay, that means the relay is bad and it needs replaced.
  • thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,745
    edited July 2015
    Jumping around the connections for a relay and getting a system to operate doesn't mean that the relay itself is bad. It only means that the circuit will work if the relay is OK and is commanded to turn the circuit on.

What does the PCM data stream show, is the PCM receiving the request to turn the AC relay on? If so does the data show that the PCM has made that command?
  • texasgatortexasgator Member Posts: 2
    I didn't actually make the jump myself. An a/c technician did, and he said that all the relays were good. I really don't know how to answer your second paragraph cardoc. I don't have the equipment to make an electrical test.