Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Compact Hatch Works Great for Colorado and Back - 2015 Volkswagen Golf GTI Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited July 2015 in Volkswagen
imageCompact Hatch Works Great for Colorado and Back - 2015 Volkswagen Golf GTI Long-Term Road Test

The 2015 Volkswagen Golf GTI is quirky, but delivers in the long run. A lengthy road trip helps us reconnect with this German icon.

Read the full story here

Comments

• angioman1angioman1 Member Posts: 7
    All the more reason to use Waze on your smart phone instead of paying extra for a laggy Nav unit that doesn't measure up to the best Navigation app ever made. The head unit is otherwise fine for playing music through bluetooth/XM/radio. Who uses CD's anymore, just burn some music on a SD card and stick it in the slot in the glove compartment. It will take less than 5min per CD and you can burn all the tracks you want for the road trip. I sold my 2011 GTI and bought a new GTI S DSG with lighting package and I have to say I haven't had this much fun since the e46 BMW 330ci. Only complaint is NVH but it is still vastly improved since the MK6.
  • zimtheinvaderzimtheinvader Member Posts: 580
    " just burn some music on a SD card"

I kept hearing the Golf get bashed for not having a USB connection but none of those reviews mentioned it had an SD slot.

Great, now I want one even more. Someone needs to open a VW dealer closer to me.
  • ducky10ducky10 Member Posts: 27
    My wife and I drove 7500 miles round trip across the USA in my Mk 6 GTI in comfort averaging 32 mpg with air con on, and while vigorously driving B roads. The in dash 6 disc changer was very useful. Then the farm reports on AM in Iowa had their charm.
  • allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    Since you guys have so many VW/Audi product why don't you get a VAG-COM cable and software to access the cars' computer to customize features and do your own maintenance.