Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura MDX Accessories

fomentarfomentar Member Posts: 49
edited July 2015 in Acura
I am considering 2016 MDX with Advance package. I made an inquiry to Thule regarding availability of roof rack system for the 2016 model year. Thule answered that roof rack systems not available for 2016 models. I have responded with additional question of if that is just a timing issue or permanently unavailable. They have roof systems up to model year 2015...didn't think it changed that dramatically. I realize I can have Acura 'accessory' cross bars installed, but wanted to have option to remove when not in use. Does anyone have some insight into this topic?

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited July 2015
    So they couldn't tell you if they are working on it?

It may take a while for Thule to get their hands on a '16 MDX to play with, but my guess is that they will come out with some racks or clips or whatever. Yakima says their Q Towers already work with the '16s.
  • fomentarfomentar Member Posts: 49
    I did go back at Thule with additional question. This time they seemed to indicate it might be a different story in another month or so...that gives me hope. thanks for the info on Yakima.
    edited July 2015
    Sorry about the typos in my last post.

If you are anywhere near Thule, you could buy the MDX and offer to loan it to them for testing purposes.

In exchange for a rack of course. :)

You may want to check SportRack too; they are a bit cheaper than Yak or Thule.
  • fomentarfomentar Member Posts: 49
    Good point on SportRack..will check them out. On a different accessory question, the 2016 MDX does not have fog lights...I was surprised. The LED fog light accessory as about $700 (including installation). I like fog lights, but not sure that cost is worth it. Any thoughts?
    Way outside my area of expertise, but I've recently read that reports like this are wrong - fog lights aren't there to help you see but to help other drivers see you. Or so the "revisionist history" goes. (KTVZ link)

So if you have great headlights, you don't need fogs.

But - you would be advised to have rear fogs to help keep yourself from being rear-ended.

Anyone?
  • crob125crob125 Member Posts: 18
    Is it unreasonable to ask the dealer to put roof racks & running boards on my lease for no charge?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    crob125 said:

Is it unreasonable to ask the dealer to put roof racks & running boards on my lease for no charge?

Yes... That might be $1000 of extras?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• crob125crob125 Member Posts: 18
    They quoted me $1500.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    crob125 said:

They quoted me $1500.

Unless you feel you are overpaying for the lease, not sure how a dealer can "give" you that amount of accessories and turn a profit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• toke1toke1 Member Posts: 2
    Can anyone help me on where I can get the running boards and how I can have them installed? Dealor says $800
  • litotigerlitotiger Member Posts: 2
    toke1 said:

Can anyone help me on where I can get the running boards and how I can have them installed? Dealor says $800

I just got a package of Advance Running Boards, cargo tray, and All-Season floor mats at the Acura dealer for $900 installed.
  • huskyfan2huskyfan2 Member Posts: 11
    You can get genuine Acura running boards for $615 on Amazon (free delivery), they are supposedly easy to install (4-5 bolts). As for the mats and cargo mat, I thought they were very cheap looking/feeling. Went with Weathertech instead. A little more, but seem to be better quality.