Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2016 Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon Duramax Diesel Models Now Available to Order | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited July 2015 in General
image2016 Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon Duramax Diesel Models Now Available to Order | Edmunds.com

Chevrolet and GMC dealers are taking orders now for the highly anticipated 2016 Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon Duramax trucks with the all-new 2.8-liter turbodiesel engine.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    metalmaniametalmania Member Posts: 167
    I've been considering a Colorado/Canyon, and I'm waiting to see what the actual fuel economy works out to be with the diesel. It's going to have to be stellar though for only a 600 lb bump in towing capacity and almost $4k premium over the V6. That'll buy a lot of gas. Then again, if it even comes close to its EPA estimates that might be a big improvement. I've yet to see a single test of a V6 4x4 Colorado or Canyon that hits the 20 mpg avg or comes anywhere close to the 24 mpg highway estimate. I'm somewhat in the target market for these that doesn't need the size or capability of a full size truck, but it would be nice for home and yard projects and recreational purposes while also being my daily driver... but I can only barely justify it if it reliably achieves those mpg numbers. I don't expect that if I'm hauling several hundred pounds of stuff or towing, but just by myself or with a passenger or two... I need to be getting better than 17 - 18 mpg with mostly highway driving.. If that's the best it can do, I can get by without a truck.
  • Options
    mountaintrailsmountaintrails Member Posts: 1
    I'm in the market for a new truck, but I can't justify dropping an extra 3 grand on a mid size when I can get a full size for ballpark price. If it came with more cool stuff, maybe, but it doesn't sound like it's going to come with much more than what's already on it. GM needs to check their pricing. Or at least throw in some more cool stuff before I would consider a midsize over a more capable and similarly priced full size.
  • Options
    metalmaniametalmania Member Posts: 167
    In general it's about $5,000 more than I'd like it to be. It's a slippery comparison to the full sized trucks because of the heavy incentives that are often available. But for someone like me, a full size is beyond what I need or would use and it won't fit in my garage in the configuration I'd prefer to have. This one is more sensible for what I think I would actually use it for, but the price and real world < 18 mpg without working it hard aren't good enough to convince me to take the plunge. I can agree to a loaded mid size for around the same money as a less equipped full size if it's also going to save me reasonable money in long term operating and maintenance costs, but so far I'm not convinced that is the case with the Colorado and Canyon.
  • Options
    hossy1hossy1 Member Posts: 1
    This story is not exactly accurate. If you go to a dealer and try to order the thing you will be politely told to come back in February 2016 as dealers can't place orders until then. What a buzz kill to find out I couldn't order one!
  • Options
    hortonusafhortonusaf Member Posts: 1
    Comment why you believe this is true writer. No one has been able to order one even after seeing this article.