Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford problems

horton25horton25 Member Posts: 2
edited June 2015 in Ford
my 2003 Ford Escape v6 has been having a lot of problems the last couple of months. Manly because it has 210k on her but never the less has been maintained good with fluids every month an cleanings. Just recently about two days ago both my brake hoses blew apart on me when I was driving. (Continued on anyways had to make it to work) I didn't know if it was okay to drive it without brake fluid the pedal goes to the floor an has some breakage so I figured screw it. But before that the check engine light came on a couple months ago, hooked it into a code scanner and said the torque converter and 5th cylinder was misfiring. Have no idea what either of them are or how to come about fixing it. Some guys at work said to maybe check the spark plugs but idk what that has to do with anything. But since I cleared the codes the light never came back on but at some points when I'm driving it'll vibrate really bad (not because I'm going to fast, this will happen when I keep my gas pedal at one spot or steady speed it'll vibrate) and it sounds horrible. If anyone could give me some advice that'd be awesome! 

Comments

• horton25horton25 Member Posts: 2
    Is it even okay to drive with no brake fluid?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    horton25 said:

Is it even okay to drive with no brake fluid?

No.. it's not..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• scape2scape2 Member Posts: 4,123
    210,000 miles! I would say do a serious tune-up, change all belts, hoses, change all fluids. This vehicle deserves it!
  • joejoesonjoejoeson Member Posts: 44
    Well the misfiring shouldn't have anything to do with the brake hose going bad, but it is unwise to drive with a busted hose. Fix the hose and if possible find out what caused it to break, maybe when the brakes were being changed someone forgot to hook the brake hose to a wire and let it dangle, or maybe you are low on brake fluid so check the master cylinder, if the brake fluid is low the lines could boil. I'm not surprised an older car has multiple things wrong with it and I don't think the engine firing has anything to do with the brake hose, just two separate problems that need to be fixed. The misfiring could be the spark plugs.