Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Fond Memories Surface at DMV Inspection - 1989 Yugo GVL Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited August 2015 in Yugo
imageFond Memories Surface at DMV Inspection - 1989 Yugo GVL Long-Term Road Test

We take our 1989 Yugo GVL into the Department of Motor Vehicles for an inspection and a pleasant surprise.

Read the full story here

Comments

• iamthestigiamthestig Member Posts: 85
    Great story. I bet you made Larry's day!
  • reminderreminder Member Posts: 383
    First question for Larry should've been, "Larry, are you legally blind?"
    Yes! Great, this inspection will be a snap!
  • vvkvvk Member Posts: 196
    Boy, am I glad I don't live in California.
  • henry4hirehenry4hire Member Posts: 106
    Yeah "VVK", leave all the amazing weather, beautiful women, and good times to us here in California. I am sure wherever you are is way better. Not.
  • zimtheinvaderzimtheinvader Member Posts: 580
    and sometimes a Yugo will get you a better car guy interaction than a classic Corvette.
  • agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    Did the car pass? If so, what kind of inspection passes a car with a 3k idle speed? Let me answer that for you: an inspection that is really another form of tax. That's why many of us don't want to live in CA, henry4hire. I'd move out of Clark County NV to avoid their BS inspection if it didn't make for such a long commute.
  • 5vzfe5vzfe Member Posts: 161
    "Wait. Actually, I gave it to a friend that needed some help at the time. Yeah. And I never saw him or the car again."
  • mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Member Posts: 3
    @agentorange: You got it. The inspection is basically just another fee. It is visual only. Does it have a VIN? Is the car new enough to require a smog? That sort of stuff. Now the smog is where things get interesting. Without passing you don't get tags or plates. We are working on that part of the puzzle now. - Mike