Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

A Cautionary Tale - 2015 Dodge Viper GT Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited August 2015 in Dodge
imageA Cautionary Tale - 2015 Dodge Viper GT Long-Term Road Test

Ever wonder what an utterly neglected supercar looks like? We came across one of our 2015 Dodge Viper GT's ancestors in the wild, and it was just wee bit worse for wear.

Read the full story here

Comments

• prndlolprndlol Member Posts: 140
    Luxury weekend rental?
  • banhughbanhugh Member Posts: 315
    "Keep your Viper clean, kids. This could happen to you."
    More like stay in school kids or you will end up prostituting for a car dealer in Los Angeles in exchange for a Viper beater. And you'll carry a script around to convince yourself that your dream to be an actor/actress is still alive.
  • banhughbanhugh Member Posts: 315
    Living the dream in Los Angeles: Auditioning for a big movie, driving fast sport cars and reading scripts while renovating my luxurious villa.
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    edited August 2015
    Honestly, the first Viper was a pretty crappy car and by modern super car standards not very powerful. I wouldn't give it much respect either.
  • agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    I think that Viper will get the starring role in the next headlight restoration advert.
  • daryleasondaryleason Member Posts: 501
    Actually, I think the post is sort of judgmental. That appears to be a First-Gen Viper. I'd bet it's probably either a salvage title vehicle or the mileage is so high on it, they'd never recoup the cost of reconditioning/restoration. At least its being driven and not sitting in a barn somewhere "to be fixed later." It's obviously been wrung out. Would it be nice if it looked brand new? Absolutely. But someone has apparently gotten their money's worth out of it. Not all of us have jobs where we can sign out the newest vehicle without having to sign for a car payment as well.
  • reminderreminder Member Posts: 383
    Clean one-owner, garage kept, never been raced.
    Yikes!
  • csubowtiecsubowtie Member Posts: 143
    It looks like there was a minor fender bender at the front right corner, then the car got parked (impounded probably) with the roof off. Now a dealer got it for cheap at auction and is getting it sorted out.