Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

This Car Just Traveled 5,800 Miles Coast-to-Coast - 2015 Dodge Viper GT Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited August 2015 in Dodge
imageThis Car Just Traveled 5,800 Miles Coast-to-Coast - 2015 Dodge Viper GT Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds editors drove our long-term 2015 Dodge Viper GT on a 5,800-mile road trip across the country and back.

Read the full story here

Comments

• handbrakehandbrake Member Posts: 99
    My suggestion for a topic: How often can you use the capabilities of a car like this as you cross the country? In other words, other than the curiosity value, was there a benefit to taking a Viper cross county as opposed to something in the same price range, like an Audi RS7?
  • subatomicsubatomic Member Posts: 140
    I am curious to know how the steering, shifter, clutch and suspension performed during the trip. Was the Viper a pleasure to drive or was it a burden to drive on various public roads?
  • snipenetsnipenet Member Posts: 11
    a good paste wax before the trip would have given a better impression of how the finish, wax and plastic performed on this street sweeper while also having some respect for the owners.
  • reminderreminder Member Posts: 383
    Any run-ins with The Law?
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    handbrake said:

My suggestion for a topic: How often can you use the capabilities of a car like this as you cross the country? In other words, other than the curiosity value, was there a benefit to taking a Viper cross county as opposed to something in the same price range, like an Audi RS7?

I would venture big money (if I had any) that the answer is no. Unless your trip includes a Bonneville top speed run there is nothing the Viper can do performance wise that the RS7 couldn't meet or exceed while getting better fuel economy and being vastly more comfortable.
  • darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    +1 on the comments from @handbrake and @subatomic. When you're driving long distances on public roads and not flouting traffic laws too much, is this car still a good tradeoff of fun and comfort vs. luxury-sport tourers from Audi, BMW, Benz, Porsche, etc?
  • throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    My usial question on these trips, how is the seat comfort? Not how comfortable the cat is, but specifically the seats. Over many years of long road trips I have found that seat comfort and trip enjoyment steer intrinsically linked.
  • throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    Sigh, cell phone screens! That is car not cat. Not that I don't like cats. And "are" not steer. Not that I don't like steak!
  • misterfusionmisterfusion Member Posts: 471
    I love this car, but OUCH!