Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Kia K900 Long-Term Road Test | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited August 2015 in Kia

If anything is true about the 2015 Kia K900, it's that Kia's first foray into the luxury sedan market is a smoking good deal. Our long-termer is in top-tier Luxury trim with the $6,000 VIP Package, the only available option. At $66,400, the car is loaded with niceties such as adaptive cruise control, a 360-degree parking camera, LED adaptive headlights and outboard heated and ventilated seats. So far, the K900 checks all the major boxes a buyer could want in an executive sedan.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509
    Very interesting. The best way to buy one of these would be a lightly-used pre-owned. Within 30 miles of my location I found two K900s without the VIP Package listed at more than $12,000 off MSRP. Those are both New vehicles. I'm guessing they're actually retired demonstrators, but even so, this car becomes a tempting prospect at $45,000. Kind of,
  • misterfusionmisterfusion Member Posts: 471
    I don't think Kia is positioning the K900 as an executive sedan; that is what the Equus is for, and it would have made a better choice for this comparison. For example, the Equus is available with a rear seat footrest. I think the K900 is going after people who want a large RWD luxury car, but are intending to drive it themselves (and are seeking value, of course).
  • allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    You left the Mercedes' most important feature off the list, the three pointed star. That symbol alone adds $25,000.00 to the price.
  • kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    If you really want a screaming deal, pick one of these up used. You can get one with 15-20k miles for around $37k. I'm sure they'll depreciate even more over the next few years. Good luck trying to find a quality Audi or Mercedes with that level of depreciation.
  • desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671

If you really want a screaming deal, pick one of these up used. You can get one with 15-20k miles for around $37k. I'm sure they'll depreciate even more over the next few years. Good luck trying to find a quality Audi or Mercedes with that level of depreciation.

You can get a 3 year old BMW 750i w/ 20-30K miles for that price. BMW or Kia?.

• misterfusionmisterfusion Member Posts: 471
    ^ Kia, definitely. If I'm too poor to pay for a new BMW, then I'm too poor to pay for out-of-warranty repairs on a used BMW.
  • bassracerxbassracerx Member Posts: 188

I don't think Kia is positioning the K900 as an executive sedan; that is what the Equus is for, and it would have made a better choice for this comparison. For example, the Equus is available with a rear seat footrest. I think the K900 is going after people who want a large RWD luxury car, but are intending to drive it themselves (and are seeking value, of course).

I agree it is kinda like the old "business coupe" only brought to modern times. The k900 basically fills the gap that the Lincoln Town car left behind. If ford Made a town car sedan it would basically be just like the k900 is now.

• rfreeman06rfreeman06 Member Posts: 5

After paying for an extended warranty on the mechanical aspects, as well as a tire warranty, windshield warranty, the bmw becomes not so cost efficient. Then you have to factor in the parts you will need to deal that are not covered in warranty. Expensive tires that do not last all that many miles, and a battery that needs to be programmed after it's replaced (half a grand), etc. Been there, done that. Never buying a used BMW again.
  • dmersmandmersman Member Posts: 2

After paying for an extended warranty on the mechanical aspects, as well as a tire warranty, windshield warranty, the bmw becomes not so cost efficient. Then you have to factor in the parts you will need to deal that are not covered in warranty. Expensive tires that do not last all that many miles, and a battery that needs to be programmed after it's replaced (half a grand), etc. Been there, done that. Never buying a used BMW again.
    I totally agree with Kia over BMW. I owned a 2012 550i that I purchased new. It had $15,00 +/- of warranty repairs in two and a half years and the tires, at $500 each (I had the M Sport), were about to have to be replaced. I traded it for an Acura and while the Acura, like the Kia in comparison with the Mercedes, does not have all of the features of the 550 or quite the driving dynamics it is a solid car, reasonably fun to drive, and vastly more economical.
  • gslippygslippy Member Posts: 514
    Is this car gone, since there have been no updates in a month? If so, where is the wrap up report?