Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buick Skylark Rear Bumper Filler?

kellandpionkekellandpionke Member Posts: 5
edited August 2015 in Buick
Hey everyone,

On my Buick Skylark, there's a space near the rear bumper that's clearly supposed to be filled by a vinyl material, but I can't find any replacements anywhere.. any suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,150

Hey everyone,

On my Buick Skylark, there's a space near the rear bumper that's clearly supposed to be filled by a vinyl material, but I can't find any replacements anywhere.. any suggestions?

Thanks

Hi, What year is your Skylark and what model?

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• kellandpionkekellandpionke Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2015

Hey everyone,

Thanks
    Hi, What year is your Skylark and what model?
    1977 2 Door Sedan, 305 V8 5.0L
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,150
    edited August 2015
    Wow. That's a car with some age on it.

I'd guess you're down to searching junk yards (car-part.com) and looking into historic car parts suppliers who make parts for classic car folks. I would guess that on car-part.com that part is a rear body filler. That item seems to fit the bill.

I doubt you're going to find one as NOS (New Old STOCK) that a dealer or person who bought the parts has sitting on the shelf somewhere. You can try searching online for NOS buick skylark parts. I see there are quite a few places listing their offerings.

If you're up to it, stopping at some classic car cruise ins where cars of that era are on display by owners and asking them where they got parts for their own cars of that type might get you started.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

Wow. That's a car with some age on it. I'd guess you're down to searching junk yards (car-part.com) and looking into historic car parts suppliers who make parts for classic car folks. I would guess that on car-part.com that part is a rear body filler. That item seems to fit the bill. I doubt you're going to find one as NOS (New Old STOCK) that a dealer or person who bought the parts has sitting on the shelf somewhere. You can try searching online for NOS buick skylark parts. I see there are quite a few places listing their offerings. If you're up to it, stopping at some classic car cruise ins where cars of that era are on display by owners and asking them where they got parts for their own cars of that type might get you started.
    runs like a beauty still! thank you sir, I'll give those a try