Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Let's Internet Like It's 2008 - 2015 Volvo S60 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited August 2015 in Volvo
imageLet's Internet Like It's 2008 - 2015 Volvo S60 Long-Term Road Test

We explore the somewhat antiquated Web browser built into Edmunds.com's long-term Volvo S60.

Read the full story here

Comments

• prndlolprndlol Member Posts: 140
    Go to www.speedtest.net and see what kind of download speed you get...just for fun.
  • quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    Considering that everybody other than me (Because I'm strange) has a phone that can call, text, browse the internet, and play music; do cars really need all these infotainment systems?
  • bc1960bc1960 Member Posts: 171
    2008? That's what Google and Edmunds looks like in Chrome 44 and Firefox 40 on my MacBook, although the font weights are a little different. My Android phone is a bit different, because I automatically get Edmunds' mobile site, which is pretty much useless, and when I ask for the full site it looks like same browsers on the MacBook, again except for fonts.
  • ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509
    I do not understand web browsers in automobiles. Sure, 4G LTE makes sense, what with all of the smartphones and tablet people use in cars these days. I just thing having a web browser in the dash is plain silly. The 2016 Honda Pilot has one. I literally can't think of a time I would use an in-dash web browser while in my vehicle. I would more likely just use my phone..

• jakek66jakek66 Member Posts: 60
    I have the Apps in the Q50 for the internet... Works like crap. Cars infotainment can't be updated like phones can so they get dated very quickly. You have to think a car takes 3-4 years to develop. My Q50. which came out in 2013, probably got fitted with tech in 2011. That's iPhone 4 tech and even then, probably done cheaper.

In car tech is great in theory - but unless hardware can be updated it will always be behind. Hopefully this year with CarPlay and Android Auto we will finally see some improvements!