Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Fuel Economy Update for July — New Record - 2015 BMW M235i Convertible Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited August 2015 in BMW
imageFuel Economy Update for July — New Record - 2015 BMW M235i Convertible Long-Term Road Test

While it didn?t venture much outside the Los Angeles area, our 2015 BMW M235i added 1,322 mile to the odometer in July. A new best fill was also recorded.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    Do you leave the stop/start feature enabled or turn it off. As I believe Dan demonstrated earlier this year, it has a significant impact on mileage in urban driving.
  • Options
    alanhawkalanhawk Member Posts: 1
    Not to mention that on the EPA run they are often able to keep turbocharged cars in the vacuum versus being in the boost. Once that boost hits the mpg tends to plummet while the smiles per miles go up. You really think that people aren't trying to feel that surge of power as they drive? I've got a Focus ST and it is amazing what actually getting on the gas will do to my mpg. But the smiles make it worth it, at least to me.
  • Options
    opfreakopfreak Member Posts: 106
    LA freeways = city roads everywhere else. Still 21% better fuel economy then the mustang GT, with similar performance.