Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Good Use of Old and New Technology - 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited February 2015 in Jeep
imageGood Use of Old and New Technology - 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited Long-Term Road Test

Three-dial climate controls are typically the best setup for a basic system, but the mix of climate and radio controls in our Jeep Cherokee is a pretty good alternative that works well.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    chol92594chol92594 Member Posts: 208
    Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep has been doing pretty well with interior switchgear design and layout over the past few years. I'm glad that they haven't tried to complicate things (a la MyFordTouch) and just made the controls similar to what most drivers are used to. Also like that they've included a simple button for turning the screen off. I've driven plenty of cars at night where I couldn't figure out how to dim or turn off the LCD screen, which can get very distracting.

I've never been a big Chrysler fan, but I have to admit that I do like the Cherokee. I've been pleasantly surprised about what you guys have had to say about it.
  • Options
    jrsfjrsf Member Posts: 10
    I'm currently driving a Cherokee (Latitude?) as a rental. I'm really enjoying the way it drives (my daily driver is an Edge), but what is surprising to me is how terrible the Bluetooth is. Both in the voice command and even just the phone mic. I realized for as many of these long term entries as I've read here, I'm not sure if I've ever seen a comment by an Edmunds staffer about the quality (or lack thereof) of the onboard Bluetooth. Since the quality varies hugely, and price of vehicle seems to matter only a little in that equation, can you consider this for possible mention on future updates? This would be a deal killer for me on this particular car.
  • Options
    nic69nic69 Member Posts: 2
    They should have included a redundant dash switch for the seat heaters. It comes on automatically in the high setting, which is too warm in fairly short order. It's a distracting two-step process to access the switch in UConnect.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A reporter wants to talk with a Jeep Cherokee owner about the recent recall aimed to address security vulnerabilities exposed by hackers last month. If you'd like to discuss your experience, please reach out to pr@edmunds.com by no later than August 18, 2015.