Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

**URGENT ADVICE NEEDED** Trade-In 2013 AUDI A5 for 2016 Rare S5 White W/ Red Seats-closing deal now!

richardpark17richardpark17 Member Posts: 26
edited August 2015 in Audi
**URGENT - 8/19/15 Today is my last day to negotiate with dealer **
I need to get out of this horrible lease i'm in ASAP and the trade-in is the only option. All I need to do is bring down the monthly rate of $925/month to at least $880/tax included. Can you please advise me to what to do? Details:

2016 Audi S5 Coupe 3.0T Quattro S Tronic: MSRP - $62,210.00
12K/36 Months
$3,000 Down - First Month’s Payment Included
MF of .00194 with Tier 1 Credit - According to someone on Edmunds, it should by .00136 and 60% Residual
$824/Month Tax Included - Without Trade In
$925/Month Tax Included - With Trade In
Found out online Audi Loyalty for 2016 S5 is $1,500 but dealer just lie and put $1,000 with

2013 Audi A5 Coupe 2.0T Quattro:
Pay-off Quote:$25,159.38
Turn In Date: 2/14/15
Scheduled Payments Not Yet Due: $3,112.20
Residual: $22,454.05
44,902 Miles - 45Mile Warranty Expired
Carmax Offer: $23,000
Dealer Offer: $22,000 - According to the Monthly with trade-in he offered, is $3636 more money..

Seems like he just completely rolled over the negative equity to the new lease and trying to make more money by giving me a horrible interest rate with that MF... considering TIER 1 Credit @ 790 with auto loan history.
Also like to mention, he is the only dealer that has the 2016 Audi S5 White exterior with Red seats and he knows that I'm already emotionally attached to the car. Because I already have a $3,000 deposit hold on the vehicle as it just came in.

Can you please tell me how badly he's trying to jip me? or give me a solution of bringing down that monthly payment to at least $880 WITHOUT changing any of the mileage or down pay? I just feel like those numbers just don't add up. I know i'm already at a loss trading in a lease with 6months left and not that great condition.. but anyways my deadline is 5PM PST. Please help me!! I would greatly appreciate it. My warranty is also expired with 6 months left and I drove the car beyond its limits..

Thanks in advanced. If possible, please email me at [Email removed] or here is fine. THANKS!
Tagged:

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,268
    edited August 2015

**URGENT - 8/19/15 Today is my last day to negotiate with dealer **
    I need to get out of this horrible lease i'm in ASAP and the trade-in is the only option. All I need to do is bring down the monthly rate of $925/month to at least $880/tax included. Can you please advise me to what to do? Details:

2016 Audi S5 Coupe 3.0T Quattro S Tronic: MSRP - $62,210.00
    12K/36 Months
    $3,000 Down - First Month’s Payment Included
    MF of .00194 with Tier 1 Credit - According to someone on Edmunds, it should by .00136 and 60% Residual
    $824/Month Tax Included - Without Trade In
    $925/Month Tax Included - With Trade In
    Found out online Audi Loyalty for 2016 S5 is $1,500 but dealer just lie and put $1,000 with

2013 Audi A5 Coupe 2.0T Quattro:
    Pay-off Quote:$25,159.38
    Turn In Date: 2/14/15
    Scheduled Payments Not Yet Due: $3,112.20
    Residual: $22,454.05
    44,902 Miles - 45Mile Warranty Expired
    Carmax Offer: $23,000
    Dealer Offer: $22,000 - According to the Monthly with trade-in he offered, is $3636 more money..

Seems like he just completely rolled over the negative equity to the new lease and trying to make more money by giving me a horrible interest rate with that MF... considering TIER 1 Credit @ 790 with auto loan history.
    Also like to mention, he is the only dealer that has the 2016 Audi S5 White exterior with Red seats and he knows that I'm already emotionally attached to the car. Because I already have a $3,000 deposit hold on the vehicle as it just came in.

Can you please tell me how badly he's trying to jip me? or give me a solution of bringing down that monthly payment to at least $880 WITHOUT changing any of the mileage or down pay? I just feel like those numbers just don't add up. I know i'm already at a loss trading in a lease with 6months left and not that great condition.. but anyways my deadline is 5PM PST. Please help me!! I would greatly appreciate it. My warranty is also expired with 6 months left and I drove the car beyond its limits..

Thanks in advanced. If possible, please email me at [Email removed] or here is fine. THANKS!

The base MF is .00136 for the 2016 S5.

Turning in a lease early is usually not a good idea, as you are finding out. The negative equity from the existing lease has to go somewhere - usually, it is rolled over into the new lease.

You should call AFS and get a payoff quote on the A5; that way, you will know exactly how much is owed on it.

What is the selling price of the new S5?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100
    @richardpark17 If you only have $3100 in payments left on your current lease, just ride it out.. Then negotiate from a position of strength, not weakness.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited August 2015
    Lots of cars are "rare" because of the color or option packs they have. Just because you love this one doesn't mean you won't fall in love with another combination in a few months. It sounds like you are just digging yourself a bigger hole. Relax and try to let the car fever abate a bit (easy for me to say I know since I'm not the one jonsing for a new car. ;) )
  • texasestexases Member Posts: 10,708
    As the others have said, don't put yourself in this position by having to get this particular car. You've thrown away all negotiating leverage, they have you where they want you.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    I have nothing to add to the advice you've been given.

You are NOT in a position of strength here and your dealer knows that.

When you lock in a certain hard to find model or color, your dealer knows he will be able to make
    a nice profit.

Personally, I think paying that's a lot of money tp pay every mopnth to "rent" a car but, that's me.

I would try to calm down and finish out your lease.

also made a couple of comments that are troubling.

You say the car isn't in great condition and that you drove it "beyond it's limits"

I have to assume it's over it's alloted miles and has some damage. Not good on a leased car!

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited August 2015
    And if you're over miles on the current lease, you'll likely be over on the next one.

At the end of the day it's just a car, and the automakers will be shipping another batch to the dealer next week. And the week after...
    stever said:

And if you're over miles on the current lease, you'll likely be over on the next one.

At the end of the day it's just a car, and the automakers will be shipping another batch to the dealer next week. And the week after...

Agreed ... to a point. Limited number of S5's are shipped to the US. It's not like an Accord or Camry in terms of availability. Wanting a specific color combination limits your choices even further.

But, as previously noted, the dealer knows this, and negotiates from a position of strength.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• richardpark17richardpark17 Member Posts: 26
    Wow really surprised with all the feedback. I forgot to leave one thing out.

Doing someone a favor by getting this vehicle under my name but I will not be driving the car or paying for the car as well. The lady who will actually pay for the S5 is extremely wealthy and does not care as long as its:

$3,000 Down
    12k/36 Months
    White Exterior/Red Seats <-- these red seats... which is why we have to get this S5 model.
    If I can bring down the monthly payment to $800-840 tax included, she will just pay for it. And no need to tell me about the liabilities of having my name under the vehicle while someone else is driving it. I already know the risks and everything is guaranteed so i'm doing her a favor and shes doing me a favor.

With that said, what would you guys have me say when I walk in today? They know i'm currently debating whether I should get it or not still. Now that I know the true MF rate, I was thinking of walking in with:

I'll close the deal right now with $3,000 down - 12k/36 month - MF: .00136 @ monthly of $830 tax included.
    Then look into mutiple security deposits to lower my MF by doing the maximum MSD to lower my interest rate even further by 1.5%

Would this work?
    edited August 2015

The base MF is .00136 for the 2016 S5.

Turning in a lease early is usually not a good idea, as you are finding out. The negative equity from the existing lease has to go somewhere - usually, it is rolled over into the new lease.

You should call AFS and get a payoff quote on the A5; that way, you will know exactly how much is owed on it.

What is the selling price of the new S5?

Payoff Quote from AUDIFS online is $25,159.38.

Also would like to mention that if all goes well, I've negotiated a deal with for a Lexus RC350 F-Sport since they have their sale event going on:
    53k MSRP
    selling price: 46,190k
    12k/24 month
    MF.0009 - negotiating this number
    $2,000 all fees
    $410/month tax included.

So if this trade in happens, not only did I get out off this horrible 2013 a5 lease deal I got 3 years ago when I didn't know jack [non-permissible content removed] about leasing but I will be grabbing a "ok" deal for a new car.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    OK, something is amiss here....sorry...but...BUT...

The lease will be in YOUR name even though the lady leasing is extremely wealthy?

She "does not care" unless the numbers suit her?

Sorry...I'm out of here.

If this "lady" really does exist, she should be paying cash and you should have nothing to do with this.

Sorry I bit on this one. I should have known better.
    **DISREGARD THIS**

I ended up without trade in because i get my car bought by carmax instead as it was paid off.

For the record, nothing we did was "illegal" and as much as it doesn't make sense, .. it makes sense.

Anyways, ended up getting:

12k/36month
    4k Down + 1K loyalty
    MF .001360
    760/month tax included
    Also if i can delete this whole "discussion" please let me know how to do so. thx.

**DISREGARD THIS**

I ended up without trade in because i get my car bought by carmax instead as it was paid off.

For the record, nothing we did was "illegal" and as much as it doesn't make sense, .. it makes sense.

Anyways, ended up getting:

12k/36month
    4k Down + 1K loyalty
    MF .001360
    760/month tax included

Congrats on the new lease! Looks like you were able to get the numbers where you wanted.

And, glad that CarMax stepped up and gave you a solid offer on your A5.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

This discussion has been closed.