Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Feels Like a Bus Around Tight Turns - 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited August 2015 in Dodge
imageFeels Like a Bus Around Tight Turns - 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 Long-Term Road Test

Not surprisingly, our 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 doesn't perform well on tight and twisting roads.

Read the full story here

Comments

• kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    I understand the appeal of the Chargers and Challengers with their big engines and beautiful lines, but frankly, they look like they would be like driving a tank. Horsepower isn't everything, whipping around curves is a big part of the "fun" factor.
  • zimtheinvaderzimtheinvader Member Posts: 580
    "I'm keeping it on roads that stretch out towards the horizon like a ruler. "

Thank you! It isn't fun being in a car that is good in corners and being stuck behind a car that isn't. Although in all fairness anymore a lot of people can't drive the cars they buy that can handle and end up taking the fun out of freeway on-ramps and back roads.
  • stuntman_mikestuntman_mike Member Posts: 57
    Another post of "dampers are worn" and "burnouts are cool". All it needed was "aftermarket exhaust drones" for the trifecta. Zzzzzzzz . . .
  • socal_ericsocal_eric Member Posts: 189
    How about a nice article on the suspension repairs the buyer of a 9+ model year old car might need to do? If all you're going to do is offer constructive criticism of an old car with higher mileage I could read that anywhere. What would be helpful to consumers and auto enthusiasts alike would be to document problems found and do the actual repairs an old car requires to show how that affects cost of ownership.

Couple side notes, speaking of suspensions, the old walk-through tech articles that Edmunds/InsideLine once did on a fairly regularly basis is missed. Also for the Charger, your choice in tires probably leaves a little to be desired if you like to hustle the big boat around tight switchbacks.