Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Rides Better Than an Early Sample Vehicle - 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited August 2015 in Jeep
imageRides Better Than an Early Sample Vehicle - 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk Long-Term Road Test

Thankfully, our new 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk exhibits a more settled ride demeanor than an early sample vehicle we drove.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    markinnaples_markinnaples_ Member Posts: 251
    Just. So. Ugly. Cannot. Process. Such. Ugliness.
  • Options
    faztang1faztang1 Member Posts: 13
    I don't know the photo angle of the white one looks pretty good. I think the worst view is a straight up side shot.
  • Options
    farvyfarvy Member Posts: 34
    Coming soon to a sorority parking lot near you.
  • Options
    jfa1177jfa1177 Member Posts: 52
    I like the My Sky option. Its a signature on this and adds character to an already interesting vehicle. No different than the 3 piece hard top on a Wrangler; you can't take it with you either so whats the bid deal?
  • Options
    jrizjriz Member Posts: 10
    One thing Dan did not mention about My Sky is the awful wind buffeting that occurs at anything above 40 mph when the panels are removed. It was extremely unpleasant. -James Riswick
  • Options
    actualsizeactualsize Member Posts: 451
    jriz said:

One thing Dan did not mention about My Sky is the awful wind buffeting that occurs at anything above 40 mph when the panels are removed. It was extremely unpleasant. -James Riswick

Right, and since you'd probably have to leave them at home in order to carry much, you'd be stuck.

Twitter: @Edmunds_Test

• Options
    misterfusionmisterfusion Member Posts: 471
    I would expect "too cute" to be the disparagement of choice for this, the cutest Jeep ever made. Escpecially coming from true "Jeepers". But this is the first time I've seen anyone straight-up call it "ugly" (see comment above)!
  • Options
    stuntman_mikestuntman_mike Member Posts: 57

jriz said:

Right, and since you'd probably have to leave them at home in order to carry much, you'd be stuck.

I thought that there was stowage space for them under the rear cargo area? But regardless of whether you can take them with you or not, buffeting is no bueno.
  • Options
    locke42locke42 Member Posts: 25
    Looks like a great car for a teenager/college student.
  • Options
    mx5ermx5er Member Posts: 2
    What is the roof material if you don't get the My Sky rood panels or opt for the body colored roof? I understand it's black. But is it just gloss black paint? Or some kinda black textured finish? It would be nice if it's some sort of matte black textured finish since it's one less body panel you don't have to polish and wax. And if a bird poops on it, you don't have to wipe it off ASAP.
  • Options
    actualsizeactualsize Member Posts: 451

I thought that there was stowage space for them under the rear cargo area?

I don't think so. In the Trailhawk there's a full-size matching spare under there (!!) which I believe is one of the "Trail Rated" requirements. The short-term loaner above came with a zippered bag. Wherever you put them, you'd have to reserve space and pack less. And even if that spot is indeed "under", you'd have to unload the cargo area to stash (or unstash) them -- assuming you weren't just bopping around town, at which point we're back at stashing them in the garage. Removable panels are generally a pain, and here there are two of them -- big ones.
    mx5er said:

What is the roof material if you don't get the My Sky rood panels or opt for the body colored roof? I understand it's black. But is it just gloss black paint?

Ours is glossy black paint. It's not textured, which I think makes it easier to clean.

Twitter: @Edmunds_Test

• Options
    gslippygslippy Member Posts: 514
    Pre-production 3 months ago? I test-drove one at a dealer in March (5 months ago). Maybe the time has passed slowly for you....

Interesting comment about the ride, though, because I had the same impression then - very bouncy and unsettled. If the Renegade's ride is better now, that would be an important improvement.
  • Options
    stuntman_mikestuntman_mike Member Posts: 57
    edited August 2015
    I went back and watched some videos about the panel removal. You were right: The stowage bag clips into buckles on the cargo floor, but not UNDER the cargo floor. I wouldn't want to put much cargo / tailgating supplies on top of those panels.