Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Bringing the Wheels Back in Balance - 2015 Acura TLX SH-AWD Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited August 2015 in Acura
imageBringing the Wheels Back in Balance - 2015 Acura TLX SH-AWD Long-Term Road Test

It feels like the wheel balance is off on our 2015 Acura TLX. A road-force balancing fixed it.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    edited August 2015
    i've often wondered what the threshold was. i had a shake in the wife's car a few years ago and paid for some road force balancing. i forget the actual numbers but it was definitely under 20.

the thing is... i had to ask about the results! this goes back to getting your alignment checked and corrected (if necessary). almost never do they tell you (and explain) the results.

they just do it (presumably), take your money, and send you out the door. but lets say you are diagnosing an issue. it helps to be able to go on the forums or speak to another mechanic and say, "i have this issue. i have tried this. these were the results."

there was a good youtube video that explained road force balancing; i'll try to find it. (it didn't give the threshold.)

here it is. and i was wrong, they did discuss the threshold:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KvRft422G4
  • Options
    actualsizeactualsize Member Posts: 451
    Another thing a road force balance machine does is apply road forces to fully seat the beads of the just-mounted tire before balancing.

Twitter: @Edmunds_Test