Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Parking Lights will not turn off

dedallingdedalling Member Posts: 5
edited August 2015 in Chevrolet
I loaded a camper onto my 2004 Silverado. I had a problem with the camper connection and blew a fuse, which I replaced. Now, the camper clearance lights turn on and off normally with the switch on the dash, but the truck parking lights stay on. I cannot find any shorted wire, so I assume it is in the switch, Any advice will be appreciated.

Comments

• dedallingdedalling Member Posts: 5
    I pulled the three parking light fuses, front, right rear, left rear, and the lights are out. This leads me to believe it must be in a relay, because the switch should not likely control all three circuits directly; it must control a relay. Is that a plug-in relay in the fuse compartment under the hood?
    I checked the relays that I could find and they are all open, so maybe it is the switch?
  • thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,745
    Is the problem occurring while the camper is connected? Try disconnecting it and see if it goes away.
    You are right! I unplug the power cable to the camper and the parking lights go out. SO, what does that tell you?
  • thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,745
    That the camper and/or vehicle wiring harness are either not wired correctly, or there is some fault with the camper back-feeding power to the parking lights on the truck.
    I found the camper plug was wired wrong, problem solved! Thank you very much! DD