Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Best deal on a 2015 Mazda3 iGrand Touring Automatic Sedan, in northern California?

dsingh1dsingh1 Member Posts: 5
edited August 2015 in Mazda
Since the dealerships are trying to get rid of their 2015 stock, I guess this is the perfect time to get a great deal on one of these.

I am getting $21,000 + tax for the Soul Red color (which is $300 costlier than other colors).
I actually want to lease it, so how does negotiating on the selling price affect the monthly lease premium?

The lease option for 36 month/10k miles is $285 pm (including taxes and fees), after $1000 down.

Can I get the dealer to increase the Residual value, so that my monthly can come down?
Is there any lease cash discount available.

Should I bother about the MF and the residual value or focus on the down and monthly payments and any fees?

Can someone provide their feedback whether this is a good deal or is there scope for making it even better, I feel it can be improved. What do you think?

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,248
    dsingh1 said:

Since the dealerships are trying to get rid of their 2015 stock, I guess this is the perfect time to get a great deal on one of these.

I am getting $21,000 + tax for the Soul Red color (which is $300 costlier than other colors).
    I actually want to lease it, so how does negotiating on the selling price affect the monthly lease premium?

The lease option for 36 month/10k miles is $285 pm (including taxes and fees), after $1000 down.

Can I get the dealer to increase the Residual value, so that my monthly can come down?
    Is there any lease cash discount available.

Should I bother about the MF and the residual value or focus on the down and monthly payments and any fees?

Can someone provide their feedback whether this is a good deal or is there scope for making it even better, I feel it can be improved. What do you think?

The lease numbers for the 2015 3 iGT sedan for 36/10 are 56% and .00001. Residual is set by the bank and cannot be modified.

Negotiate your best price just like you would for a purchase - that will drive the lease payment down.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• dsingh1dsingh1 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks Michael