Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

I'd Buy It In Blue and Modify - 2015 Ford Mustang GT Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited August 2015 in Ford

imageI'd Buy It In Blue and Modify - 2015 Ford Mustang GT Long-Term Road Test

With multiple choices for modern American muscle cars, what makes our long-term 2015 Ford Mustang GT stand out from the crowd? It's ability to be customized.

Read the full story here

Comments

• jfa1177jfa1177 Member Posts: 52
    Honestly, I'd have a Challenger SXT plus V6 as my daily. I seriously like the new interior and some of the exterior details. I don't track a car much so a solid commuter with a cool interior is tops for me. It has to be B5 Blue with black interior!
  • desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    What trim level does the blue Stang have with the taller gearing?
  • defyant15defyant15 Member Posts: 74
    edited August 2015
    Some ideas!
    BMR/Steeda cradle and IRS suspension support kit. Lighter and wider wheels (Rays Grams light or equivalent). FRPP shocks and springs (or wait for Koni Yellows). FRPP or Corsa exhaust. A tune. Adjustable sways.

You will drop over 60-70 pounds and have a car that handles better than most cars under 100K (exception perhaps the performance equipped Vettes).

However, the mods you are suggesting like larger wheels (those 20 in the photos), tint, louder sound systems are quite different, but then, its a Mustang and a canvas for each to make it their own. I've seen folks bag them, drift 'em, drag 'em etc. I personally like a package thats optimized for street handling/ride and autox.
  • boffboff Member Posts: 91

What trim level does the blue Stang have with the taller gearing?

The GT comes with 3.31:1 stock in all trims with 3.55:1 optional. The shortest gears (3.73:1) only come with the Perf Pack.
  • bassracerxbassracerx Member Posts: 188
    i just honestly could not justify buying the challenger knowing that the charger is just as quick on the track and is much more practical. that's just me though.

• subatomicsubatomic Member Posts: 140
    I checked the Mustang configurator on Ford's website and I noticed that the 19" black wheels that come standard with the GT Performance Package are now available with a silver finish (luster nickel-painted) as an alternative, so you can now get the GT Performance Package with the same wheels painted silver instead of black.
  • kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    To me, personally, I don't think you take a $45,000 vehicle and start modifying it (unless you have loads of cash). Grab a used $15k-$25k GT (maybe a convertible), then, sure. But something where the average middle class family is paying $700+ a month for 72 months? Yeah, uh, no.
  • snipenetsnipenet Member Posts: 11
    the beautiful hood ornament you've added to the blue stang sure looks nice, maybe some matching seat covers?