Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Ford Escape Real World MPG

av8r85av8r85 Member Posts: 14
edited May 2015 in Ford
All,

Just curious what sort of real world MPG numbers you guys are getting. I'm two months in to my 2015 Escape 2.0L FWD and I'm getting just under 20 MPG. Not a real lead foot but I also do very little highway driving. Is this about par for the course?

Thanks

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,268
    av8r85 said:

All,

Just curious what sort of real world MPG numbers you guys are getting. I'm two months in to my 2015 Escape 2.0L FWD and I'm getting just under 20 MPG. Not a real lead foot but I also do very little highway driving. Is this about par for the course?

Thanks

While I don't own as Escape, my wife and I had, until recently, a Mazda CX-7 which was also equipped with a turbocharged 4-cylinder engine. We averaged just over 20 MPG with it, and that was with a higher proportion of highway driving.

I think that the majority of stop and go driving is hurting your fuel economy; not much you can do about it, I'm afraid.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• automelon48automelon48 Member Posts: 105
    I have 2-1/2 years on my 2013 Escape 2.0 FWD and have 62,000 kms (38,500 miles) on the odometer. I have hand calculated each tank since new and am currently at an average of 24.3MPG. This includes winter driving and some trailer towing etc. Short trips are hard economy. Also you do need to be easy on the throttle with these modern turbos. They spool up quickly and easily and will push you back in your seat at relatively low RPM. If you feel that push in the seat, then you are using a lot of fuel. Regardless of what RPM you are at. Also, highway driving over 65Mph will yield less than the EPA number.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,268
    I would agree with that. Our CX-7 (AWD version) was rated for 17 in the city and 23 on the highway, so we got about exactly what we should, given the mix of city and highway driving we did.

On rare occasions, we saw fuel economy of 25-26MPG on pure interstate driving - 75 MPH or better.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• bdymentbdyment Member Posts: 573
    My all wheel drive, purchased 21 Mar. gets similar mileage converting to U. S. mpg. Ecoboost 2.0. Hard to stay out of the turbo. On the highway 30 to 32. Really like this Escape. better ride than our 2009.
  • timbuctooscaltimbuctooscal Member Posts: 12
    av8r85 said:

All,

Thanks

I drive round trip Yucca valley to LA and return. rare traffic stop and go but do 65-70mph & I get 29-30 per computer. I left LA for Yucca Valley at 3AM once so since traffic was very light I waantd to see what 5o-55mph would give me.i got 39mpg., Well its not practical to go that speed on the I10 or 220 during daytime.Still .I think Id rather pay the extra gas consumption and get home a half hr earlier doing 65-70. 3.5 gal vs 2.1 gal or an extra 1.4g or $5.So it will do 39 but if you can hold it down to 50 55. I just rented a versa and took it to Redding. I did 65-70 and the computer got 41 one way and 45 the other(700 mi each way)When i calculate by a true full tank(slight spill out) I got 3 mpg better than the computer and that is the most accurate. i was shocked at 45 mpg . The car had plenty of crusing power..My escape doesnt need all the acceleration power it has,but Im stuck with it.The escape turbo kicks in too soon unless that what you want. Mileage suffers partially due to that very responsive turbo.
    Woops I was in such a hurry typing i forgot to add: My escape is a titanium ecoboost. The 255-50 18s transmit more noise and road feel than i want in a car anymore..If i did it again id not get the turbo and get a 60 or 70 series tire and smaller rims.
    Im 65 and dont care for things that once never annoyed me.when I was younger.The turbo /acceleration is good,but really the versa was just fine with little if any difference on the freeway. The time i noticed a power difference was going up the hills in Tehachapi,but it wasnt such a loss in power to be significant to me.besides It get 40mpg. i just had to say that again. Mileage means more to me now than in my 6-12 mpg years.Im no fuddy duddy,ive owned and raced9recreation0 my past cars 66 ,68,69 GT350s other mustangs etc,I still like that excitement on occasion,but not anywhere near in my youth(I was about 40 when i slowed down)
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,318
    Recent AWD Escapes put power to all 4 wheels from a stop. You can bring that up on the center display.
    The 2.0 is a nice engine, although it seems more biased towards power, which is great on hills.
    The computer gives too much credit for driving off the gas, but it teaches you to coast as much as possible.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert

av8r85 said:

All,

Thanks

close. i get 25 mpg town driving . average. Engine is very sensitive to frequent fluctuations of pedal,which one hardly notices. I take a 2 mile dirt road from the hwy to my home and cant do better than 8mpg. its that sensitive.I think the turbo contributes to the degree of fleuctuations,because the slightest pressure will activate the turbo when you dont want it to. I wish the turbo would not be so instantaneous and have some slight delay . It seems to think everytime you barely touch the gas pedal you want to race someone. annoying.
  • scape2scape2 Member Posts: 4,123
    We have just over 2,500 miles on our 2015 2.0 Titanium 4 WD. Wife drives it mostly around town, to work. On her computer it shows 22.3 AVG MPG.