Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Smart Shifter Improves Driving Experience - 2015 BMW M235i Convertible Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited August 2015 in BMW
imageSmart Shifter Improves Driving Experience - 2015 BMW M235i Convertible Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.com looks at the shifters in its long-term 2015 BMW M235i and 2015 Acura TLX SH-AWD.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    prabirmehtaprabirmehta Member Posts: 3
    I have an X5 with a similar shifter. Still love the fact that I can turn the car off while the transmission is in D or Sport and it will automatically change to P. It even has a motor which will move the lever to the right if it was in Sport.
  • Options
    allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    I simply can't find an advantage to this design to the driver. It doesn't free up space or improve the driving experience. There's no advantage of learning it that I can see.

The same could be said of the BMW shifter vs a traditional shifter.
  • Options
    subytrojansubytrojan Member Posts: 120
    Time to see which slushbox allows for the quickest J-turns! :)
  • Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,362
    I'm no fan of the beer tap- yet another reason why I'd buy a 2er with three pedals. I'm checking out an M235i this week- it's one of my three finalists for my new track rat- the others being a 2015 WRX STI and a 2015 Mustang GT with the Performance Package.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive