Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 Acura TLX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

tomace1tomace1 Member Posts: 1
edited April 2015 in Acura
Is talk about pricing allowed on this site? I couldn't find any people's stories about what they paid on any other site and just brought home my TLX, thought it would be useful to share what sort of prices were talked about. I won't post anything until I hear if it's allowed.

The "Pro Pack" can absolutely be removed from the sale, by the way. They took off the splash guards, took out mats and whatever else is bundled in there.

My dealer waived Dest Fee as well with my offer that was below invoice (although the invoice numbers I found on the internet all varied)

Comments

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    You bet - post away!

Welcome and congrats on the new TLX - what color did you get?
  • Options
    aj125aj125 Member Posts: 24
    @tomace1 Could you please share the details of your purchase with location? I am in the market for a mid-size car and my eyes are set on Accord Touring V6 which will be around $30K-$32K. if the TLX is within that range i wont mind trying it. Please let me know at your earliest.
  • Options
    mydogdigbymydogdigby Member Posts: 1
    Received this quote from my dealer today and just needing to see if this an OK deal or not. I haven't done any negotiations yet. This is for a V6 FWD Tech

Sticker: 40,144
    Discount: 2,149
    Sale price: 37,995
    Destination: 895
    Pro Pack: 699
    Total Sale price: 39,588

APR that they gave me was 2.9% for 60 months. Since this is their initial offer, how much more can I negotiate to take off?
  • Options
    buyinacarbuyinacar Member Posts: 2
    Used Edmunds.com price search program in the California/Nevada area and got a price of $33,800 (not including tax and fees) for 4 cyl tech package. Was able to purchase my TLX for just under that this Jan 2015.
    Love the car... great ride and looks great. Don't understand all the negative reviews on appearance, but perhaps my eyes see something different.
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,319
    buyinacar said:

Used Edmunds.com price search program in the California/Nevada area and got a price of $33,800 (not including tax and fees) for 4 cyl tech package. Was able to purchase my TLX for just under that this Jan 2015.
    Love the car... great ride and looks great. Don't understand all the negative reviews on appearance, but perhaps my eyes see something different.

Congratulations! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

What was the MSRP of the car you bought?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    buyinacarbuyinacar Member Posts: 2
    True and thanks! MSRP was at $35k. According to Truecar, I got my car at an "unusually low price" on their bell curve. I don't know how they get their figures though. Perhaps all car sales are of public domain and they grind the numbers based on make/model?? Just a guess, but I don't see on the site where you can provide your purchase information.
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,319
    buyinacar said:

True and thanks! MSRP was at $35k. According to Truecar, I got my car at an "unusually low price" on their bell curve. I don't know how they get their figures though. Perhaps all car sales are of public domain and they grind the numbers based on make/model?? Just a guess, but I don't see on the site where you can provide your purchase information.

There are just two parties in the transaction, so if you didn't provide the sales price, only the dealer is left....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    suharshsuharsh Member Posts: 33
    I have almost finalized (put $1000 down - refundable if I decide not to go ahead with it) Acura TLX 2015 V4 Tech. TrueCar shows MSRP of 36,420 ... I am getting it for 34K plus TTL. They are also going to take care of my last payment for my current Acura lease (about $250) ... and some small freebies - all weather mats + 1 oil change.

Is this a good deal? Looking for opinions as I can still walk out.

TLX was not even in my thought - I was simply going to return the lease and was looking at Subaru Legacy (fully loaded at about 28K or Camry xle about same price). I test drove both these cars twice today. Went to ask about the lease turn in and test drove the TLX. I loved the ride, quietness and the features for this price.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,228
    suharsh said:

I have almost finalized (put $1000 down - refundable if I decide not to go ahead with it) Acura TLX 2015 V4 Tech. TrueCar shows MSRP of 36,420 ... I am getting it for 34K plus TTL. They are also going to take care of my last payment for my current Acura lease (about $250) ... and some small freebies - all weather mats + 1 oil change.

Is this a good deal? Looking for opinions as I can still walk out.

TLX was not even in my thought - I was simply going to return the lease and was looking at Subaru Legacy (fully loaded at about 28K or Camry xle about same price). I test drove both these cars twice today. Went to ask about the lease turn in and test drove the TLX. I loved the ride, quietness and the features for this price.

You can check Edmunds TMV, by building your car, using the Make/Model/Year tabs at the top of the page.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thanks TMV is coming to 35,159
  • Options
    http://www.edmunds.com/acura/tlx/2015/sedan/st-200703614/

How to interpret the Price Promise. See the link above, the price promise shows as 33,278 (changes but let's say around 33K) and the TMV comes to around 35K !
  • Options
    8accordtlxccr8accordtlxccr Member Posts: 2
    Price for a 2015 TLX SH-AWD Tech Package in Akron, OH

Car 37,314.15
    Spare 400
    Mudguards all 4 300
    Doc Fee 250
    Title and temp tag 33.50
    Total before sales tax 38,297.65

The dealership is Park Acura in Akron. More than $5,000 off sticker and in the high $2,000's under invoice. Park Acura is a Car Pro endorsed-Jerry Reynolds-the guy with the auto talk show on Saturdays. These guys were great, and with my high credit-I am fortunate for that-got me 2.14% for 72 months from Bank of America. I started with a good deal from another dealer and they beat it by $700. I have never got a car deal this good. Matt, Justin, and Dave made this happen. Thank you, gentlemen.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,228

Price for a 2015 TLX SH-AWD Tech Package in Akron, OH

Car 37,314.15
    Spare 400
    Mudguards all 4 300
    Doc Fee 250
    Title and temp tag 33.50
    Total before sales tax 38,297.65

The dealership is Park Acura in Akron. More than $5,000 off sticker and in the high $2,000's under invoice. Park Acura is a Car Pro endorsed-Jerry Reynolds-the guy with the auto talk show on Saturdays. These guys were great, and with my high credit-I am fortunate for that-got me 2.14% for 72 months from Bank of America. I started with a good deal from another dealer and they beat it by $700. I have never got a car deal this good. Matt, Justin, and Dave made this happen. Thank you, gentlemen.

Congrats on the new Acura!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    8accordtlxccr8accordtlxccr Member Posts: 2
    After I went through the closing process with the finance manager, my interest rate per the contract was down to 1.64%. I am in disbelief. I guess the 2.14 was an estimate-the 1.64 was the kind of surprise you pray for. I am elated with my deal. It pays to have credit scores in the low to mid 800's. Dave,the finance guy at Park,really knows his business. Thanks, Dave.
  • Options
    hfzeushfzeus Member Posts: 39
    edited October 2015
    It looks like they are trying to clear these out for the next model year.

I had a couple of offers on the East coast for under 38,000 + tax and tags for the following:

2015 AWD, Advance
    MSRP 45,720

I am not taking financing and do not have a trade.

If you are leasing, there is an extra $1000 incentive.

I ended up getting one for 37,658, including mats, wheel locks, and delivery to my door.

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    End of the month may help a little bit too. Congrats!
  • Options
    bigtyme1bigtyme1 Member Posts: 5
    I just Purchased a 2016 Acura TLX v6 base model. The car is black on black. I can't believe I got this deal.

MSRP $35, 320
    Sales price 31, 225
    MF 00077
    RV .61
    $2000 out of pocket
    36 month lease with 10k miles
    Payment: $305.53