Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Happy 2015-2016 Honda CR-V Owners

jimbo65jimbo65 Member Posts: 65
edited February 2016 in Honda
B) I'm starting a new thread for those who are HAPPY with their new 2015 Honda CR-V's. I believe that the majority of new owners like me are HAPPY owners. If you are, please post a reply on this thread. A HAPPY face will do or share positive things you like about your new CR-V.

I purchased our new 2015 Honda CR-V EX-L Fwd on January 3rd from Bommarito Honda of St. Louis Missouri. Very HAPPY with the total vehicle and it is a joy to drive.

Thanks in advance for your HAPPY and positive responses.

Happy Honda Driving!
2015 CR-V EX-L 2WD = One Sweet Ride :p

Comments

• justloujustlou Member Posts: 35
    I purchased mine at the end of March, and I'm 100% satisfied with mine. I have 2K on it now, and I'm very impressed with it coming from a Hyundai. :)
  • jimbo65jimbo65 Member Posts: 65
    Wow! Only two 2015 CR-V owners on this forum, counting myself and justlou, who are Happy 2015 CR-V Owners. Really? Everyone else are just b'ers and complainers? I don't believe it. I like this forum and read the threads to learn all about the vehicles. It looks like all of the rest wish they had saved their money and went to the races, saw a ballgame, or buy another brand of vehicle. I remain Happy and contented with our new Honda CR-V. It is a joy to drive, i.e. quiet cabin, great gas mileage, roomy, easy on the eyes, powerful engine, smooth tranny, and fun. Perhaps the Grand Majority of owners are just too busy driving and enjoying their new '15 to take time and drop a comment. Surely Edmonds isn't just a magnet for just those with complaints.
  • justloujustlou Member Posts: 35
    It seems they come here to complain or get buying information. That's about it. Maybe they're afraid to say anything positive for fear of being attacked by the haters like over on crvoc.com. Whatever. Like you, I'm just enjoying my CRV. It's still running smooth and I couldn't be happier. My wife and I are battling every day to see who gets to drive it, and who has to drive the older vehicle. lol
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited June 2015
    Most people who aren't having car issues don't bother to sign up and log in and post. And that's most people. Human nature I suppose.

Check out our Consumer Car Reviews too.
  • mariatorres904mariatorres904 Member Posts: 1
    I got my 2015 Honda crv in February and i absolutely <3 LOVE <3 my car.  It is so spacious and comfortable.  My mom loved it so much she wanted one but ended up falling in love with the new 2016 HRV. But over all I have to say is I would choose my CRV any day.  I only have one question. 

Does anyone know if you can set the alarm to honk the horn when locking the vehicle?

Not a problem for me just wondering. 

Hope everyone enjoys their CRV as much add me. 

Happy CRV driving my friends! 
    The 2015 model CR-V does not sound the horn in regards to doors lock/unlock. Only beeper/lights flash options are available with choice of turning them on or off. Check your manual at pages 121 and 122.

So glad to read your Happy post for your new 2015 CR-V. Thank you for sharing!
    edited October 2015
    Just checking in..... now at ten months and nearing 8,000 miles our new '15 CR-V EX-L Fwd is performing without issues. All is well. This vehicle continues to be a joy to drive. Everything about it is pleasing. Gas mileage averages 33-36 mpg in mixed driving. Power to spare when needed with control and comfort. Cheers!

If you are browsing this thread and are HAPPY with your new 2015 CR-V please drop a line here! Love to read your Happy Comments.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    These forums attract people with problems, real or imagined like a magnet.

We currently own two CRV's. Both bought new. A 2003 with 85,000 miles and a 2013 with 13,000 miles. both have been wonderful. In addition, we owned a 2001 and a 2016. No warranty issues with any of them.
    jimbo65 said:

Just checking in..... now at ten months and nearing 8,000 miles our new '15 CR-V EX-L Fwd is performing without issues. All is well. This vehicle continues to be a joy to drive. Everything about it is pleasing. Gas mileage averages 33-36 mpg in mixed driving. Power to spare when needed with control and comfort. Cheers!

If you are browsing this thread and are HAPPY with your new 2015 CR-V please drop a line here! Love to read your Happy Comments.

How do you get this kind of mileage? Our 2013 is averaging 24.3 MPG.

What I DON'T like?

The numb electric power steering! Like driving with a joystick!

Visability....hard to see out of!

That said, it's my wife's car that I rarely drive. I would no doubt get used to these things.
    edited October 2015
    ...87 top tier gas. Slow acceleration. Drive posted speed limits, or under. Anticipate braking in advance. Econ always on. AC on or off, whatever. Certainly the new Earth Dreams engine and CVT are a big boost in mpg economy.

The downside is that everyone passes me. That's ok. I am in no hurry. Funny thing though is that many of the vehicles that pass me will be at the next stop light waiting for a green light. ...kind of like the turtle wins the race!
    Our '13 doesn't have the CVT or the Earth Dreams (whatever that is) engine.

And we don't use the econ button because the car just feels so sluggish with it on. Should, I suppose!
  • carboy21carboy21 Member Posts: 760
    jimbo65 said:

...87 top tier gas. Slow acceleration. Drive posted speed limits, or under. Anticipate braking in advance. Econ always on. AC on or off, whatever. Certainly the new Earth Dreams engine and CVT are a big boost in mpg economy.

The downside is that everyone passes me. That's ok. I am in no hurry. Funny thing though is that many of the vehicles that pass me will be at the next stop light waiting for a green light. ...kind of like the turtle wins the race!

Drive like a great - grandfather :open_mouth:
    Update: now at nearly one year old and odometer at 10,835 miles I am Happy to report that All is Well with our 2015 Honda CR-V. A true joy to drive!
    Well friends, here we are just past the one year mark on our '15 CR-V and 11,262 miles. It began as one sweet ride and remains so today. This Honda brings us happiness on all fronts. If you are a Happy 2015 CR-V Owner, drop a line and tell us about it! Meanwhile, I'm planning our next outing in our CR-V!
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    edited January 2016
    If you are 35 or under and recently bought a new Ford Escape, Honda CR-V, Toyota RAV4 or similar vehicle to transport your young family, a reporter would like to talk with you. Please email PR@edmunds.com no later than Thursday, January 7, 2016 and include your age, the age of your child/ren and a few words about your vehicle choice.
  • rhody401rhody401 Member Posts: 28
    We purchased two 2015 Touring CRVs about 3 1/2 months ago, and so far they have been flawless and a pleasure to ride in. The TSB is not applicable, but if a vibration does every develop - its good to know they have a fix for the 2015/2016 model. (2016 are same, but already have it applied)
  • rbhattrbhatt Member Posts: 13
    I bought 2016 CRV EXL AWD about 1 month back. Driving always with ECON on. It has 900 miles now. I never got more that 21MPG till now. I fill complete tank and reset trip meter to 0 and check when I refill tank to get exact mileage. It this the mileage everybody gets or my car is giving low?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Some cars get great mpg from the first tank but it always took me several thousand miles before I started getting near the EPA estimates.

My guess is that it's too soon to tell.
  • rbhattrbhatt Member Posts: 13
    Thanks Stever.

I hope will see mileage near EPA soon :)
    stever said:

Some cars get great mpg from the first tank but it always took me several thousand miles before I started getting near the EPA estimates.

My guess is that it's too soon to tell.

• tfm70tfm70 Member Posts: 20
    rbhatt said:

I bought 2016 CRV EXL AWD about 1 month back. Driving always with ECON on. It has 900 miles now. I never got more that 21MPG till now. I fill complete tank and reset trip meter to 0 and check when I refill tank to get exact mileage. It this the mileage everybody gets or my car is giving low?

If this is all town driving, I don't think it will get much better. My 2012 CRV driving strictly in town gets about that. On the highway it will get 32-34 most imes.