Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Stays Cool in the Heat - 2015 Hyundai Sonata Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited August 2015 in Hyundai
imageStays Cool in the Heat - 2015 Hyundai Sonata Long-Term Road Test

When it comes to working hard in the heat, our 2015 Hyundai Sonata rarely breaks a sweat.

Read the full story here

Comments

• barich1barich1 Member Posts: 143
    I'm more interested in which cars can't handle that than knowing the Sonata can. I'd expect any modern car with a properly functioning cooling system to handle any weather conditions we see in the US.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited August 2015
    I had trouble staying cool in a Honda HR-V on a test drive. Could have been a one-off, but it sounds like Fits have trouble in the heat too.
  • socal_ericsocal_eric Member Posts: 189
    edited September 2015
    I'd be more curious to plug in an OBD-II scan tool and see what the real temperatures were as I'm assuming the Hyundai is like 95% of all cars sold where the coolant gauge is nothing more than a glorified dummy light and will stay planted in the middle until the point the car is actually overheating. Is nice to know the A/C is effective even under extreme heat.
  • dfrissdfriss Member Posts: 23
    I want to know why that you have 3 bars left on the fuel gauge and only 90 miles range? Was someone driving inattentively?