Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

New Music From New Exhaust - 2015 Ford Mustang GT Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited August 2015 in Ford

imageNew Music From New Exhaust - 2015 Ford Mustang GT Long-Term Road Test

We replace the stock catback exhaust system on our long-term 2015 Ford Mustang with a Ford Racing Touring Exhaust System.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    aerodaxaerodax Member Posts: 9
    What was the cost of the exhaust? And the installation?
  • Options
    daryleasondaryleason Member Posts: 501
    I get putting the exhaust on the Mustang, I would too, provided it did increase performance. But on the 2007 Charger that y'all just bought was the gripe about the loud exhaust and how everyone does it, its miserable, etc. So how is the Charger (at least one with the V8 marketed towards enthusiasts) any different from the Mustang GT?
  • Options
    s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486

So how is the Charger (at least one with the V8 marketed towards enthusiasts) any different from the Mustang GT?

it isn't the car that is the difference, it is the exhaust.

borla vs. jba. big difference.

exhaust is a very personal preference. guys on the mustang forums go through countless combinations of x-pipe, h-pipe, mufflers, etc... trying to find the right sound for their ears.

but if everyone agrees that an exhaust is too loud or annoying... well, that tells you something.

-------

i wish you guys had bought a different color; i might have toyed with the idea of making a play for this car after it was all said and done. especially since i KNOW you are going to get different wheels.

but sorry, that orange is a no sale.
  • Options
    burger2002burger2002 Member Posts: 3
    Nice choice on the exhaust. I've been thinking about the same one for my future Mustang when it arrives. Now what about those wheels...?
  • Options
    prndlolprndlol Member Posts: 140
    This 'Stang is now the real deal.
  • Options
    boffboff Member Posts: 91
    I'm not keen on the tips...I think I'd take the black tip version. I'm really thinking of doing something with the exhaust in my 2015...but I need to find one that is not too obnoxious. Should be interesting to hear your impressions of this one.
  • Options
    metalmaniametalmania Member Posts: 167
    I could be wrong, but I'm guessing the "touring" exhaust is maybe a mid range exhaust mod in terms of how loud it is. Enough to hear it a little more but not so much that it sounds like a Sprint Cup car all the time. I guess we'll find out when they put up the sound clips and some other posts after they get some time with it.
  • Options
    kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    Agreed on costs - I see that it could be in the $1,300 - $1,500 range + installation? Wow. Why would you consider for first priority to get an expensive OEM Racing exhaust while complaining about the Charger's exhaust? Certainly you could find an inexpensive source to get an OEM one on the charger for next to nothing.
  • Options
    darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    Another +1 on not being sure why it was worth so much money to go louder on the V8 Mustang when you complain so much about the louder exhaust on the V8 Charger. Unless this is the Goldilocks of exhausts-- not too quiet, not too loud, but just right?