Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Behind the Scenes at the Body Shop - 2015 Kia Sedona SX-L Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2015 in Kia
imageBehind the Scenes at the Body Shop - 2015 Kia Sedona SX-L Long-Term Road Test

Here's a look behind the scenes at the body shop while our 2015 Kia Sedona is under repair.

Read the full story here

Comments

• schen72schen72 Member Posts: 433
    That bill doesn't surprise me. Basically, any "tap" on the paint is gonna cost $2k minimum.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,289
    I called it .. I figured $5K and I wasn't off by that much.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• metalmaniametalmania Member Posts: 167
    Yup. I was rear ended a few years ago in an accident that propelled my car between a guardrail and another car, damaging body panels along both sides of the car, plus front and rear. So basically everything but the roof and trunk lid had some kind of damage. No chassis or mechanical damage, and no injuries thankfully. I don't recall the full cost of repair, since it wasn't my fault and was covered by the other driver's insurance, but I'm pretty sure it was around 10k. Over 4k though for this seems crazy. Then again, now we've got rear view cameras and cross traffic radar systems and the like adding to the costs.
  • ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509

Over 4k though for this seems crazy. Then again, now we've got rear view cameras and cross traffic radar systems and the like adding to the costs.

I was expecting pretty high because of the backup sensors, too.
  • socal_ericsocal_eric Member Posts: 189
    Most minivan and SUV/CUVs don't have much in the way of a rear energy absorbing assembly (i.e. bumper) and it doesn't take much of a hit to damage the tailgate and other expensive components. At least the unibody doesn't have extensive panel damage and Kia has the body sectioned fairly well so damaged panels can be replaced easier.
  • s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    i went back to the original post and i would have guessed $3k. i think if you shopped around you could get an estimate closer to that amount.
  • allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    Parking sensors, blind spot monitoring and rear view camera probably boosted the price but the lift gate alone is probably pushing two grand.
  • nuievenuieve Member Posts: 43
    It should be legally allowed to beat the rear ender's face into a pulp on any rear ending occasion. Witnesses should be legally obliged to hold the rear ender taut so that the face that wasn't looking is fully exposed and that the rear enderee can punch it until their satisfaction.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Meh, it's just a car and stuff happens.
  • milt721milt721 Member Posts: 83
    ^^^ Serial rear-ender
  • quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    nuieve said:

It should be legally allowed to beat the rear ender's face into a pulp on any rear ending occasion. Witnesses should be legally obliged to hold the rear ender taut so that the face that wasn't looking is fully exposed and that the rear enderee can punch it until their satisfaction.

Easy killer.

Now people without insurance...

• thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,747
    Got to use a little trick to discourage a tailgater coming back from New England. Based on his reaction, a last second swerve to dodge a pothole must have got his adrenalin up. He stayed back after that. VBG....