Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Subaru Outback Lease Questions

MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,978
edited August 2015 in Subaru
Ask your 2016 Subaru Outback lease questions here!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Comments

• quattro29quattro29 Member Posts: 9
    Would you please provide lease numbers for a 2016 2.5i Limited for 36/12 in CO?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,978
    quattro29 said:

Would you please provide lease numbers for a 2016 2.5i Limited for 36/12 in CO?

62% and .00115

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Thank you! Would you also provide info for a 2016 2.5i Limited for 24/12 in CO?
    quattro29 said:

Thank you! Would you also provide info for a 2016 2.5i Limited for 24/12 in CO?

24 month numbers aren't nearly as competitive - better off sticking with 36 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• j7933j7933 Member Posts: 7
    I've used the Edmunds Lease calculator but am getting different payment amounts from other online calculators. I am looking at either

2016 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium
    Model Code: GDD
    Option Code: 15 ( Moonroof Package + Power Rear Gate + Navigation System + EyeSight® + Blind Spot Detection & Rear Cross Traffic Alert)
    CVT (Automatic Transmission)
    Factory Installed Options
    Popular Package #5
    Rear Seat Back Protector

This vehicle out the door, after trade, with tax, title, etc. would be $29,109.43

2016 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited
    Model Code: GDF
    Option Code: 23 (Moonroof Package + Keyless Access with Push-Button Start + Navigation System + EyeSight)
    Popular Package #5
    Rear Seat Back Protector

This vehicle out the door, after trade, with tax, title, etc. would be $31,384.43

I am trying to determine a 36 month/12,000 mile lease rate. The Dealer will have to order the vehicle so it will not be delivered until October. Is there a significant differenc in residuals on the premium vs the limited?

Could you run a payment number or show me a link that better explains leaseing calculations? Can you negotiate residuals much if you have already negotiated the selling price of the car?

Thanks

j7933 said:

I've used the Edmunds Lease calculator but am getting different payment amounts from other online calculators. I am looking at either

2016 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium
    Model Code: GDD
    Option Code: 15 ( Moonroof Package + Power Rear Gate + Navigation System + EyeSight® + Blind Spot Detection & Rear Cross Traffic Alert)
    Popular Package #5
    Rear Seat Back Protector

This vehicle out the door, after trade, with tax, title, etc. would be $29,109.43

2016 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited
    Model Code: GDF
    Option Code: 23 (Moonroof Package + Keyless Access with Push-Button Start + Navigation System + EyeSight)
    Popular Package #5
    Rear Seat Back Protector

This vehicle out the door, after trade, with tax, title, etc. would be $31,384.43

I am trying to determine a 36 month/12,000 mile lease rate. The Dealer will have to order the vehicle so it will not be delivered until October. Is there a significant differenc in residuals on the premium vs the limited?

Could you run a payment number or show me a link that better explains leaseing calculations? Can you negotiate residuals much if you have already negotiated the selling price of the car?

Thanks

36/12 lease numbers are as follows:

Premium - 62% and .00100
    Limited - 62% and .00115

We'll need some additional information to help you out.

What is the MSRP of the two vehicles?
    What state do you live in? What is the tax rate?

You mention a trade - tell me more about that. Do you have positive or negative equity?

Lots of good articles to be found at this link ...

http://www.edmunds.com/car-leasing/

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• piontkofskypiontkofsky Member Posts: 2
    May I please have the money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease (12k per year) for an Outback Premium in Iowa? Thank you.
    May I please have the money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease (12k per year) for an Outback Premium in Iowa? Thank you.
    62% and .00100

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• tgaetatgaeta Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2015
    Howdy,

May I please have the money factors and residual values for a 36mos/12k for the below vehicles for St. Petersburg, Florida:
    • 2016 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited w/ Package #23: Moonroof Pkg, Keyless Access/Pushbutton Start, Navigation, Eyesight
    • 2016 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium w/ Package #14: Eyesight, side/rear radar system, Power gate
    • 2016 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium w/ Package #15: Moonroof Pkg, Navigation, Power gate, Eyesight, side/rear radar system
    If it wouldn't be too much trouble, can you also run the same for the 2015 models? Is their a big difference in price between the two? I feel the 2016 is the exact same vehicle as the 2015, but with the added Lane Keep Assist feature.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,699
    tgaeta said:

Howdy,

May I please have the money factors and residual values for a 36mos/12k for the below vehicles for St. Petersburg, Florida:

• 2016 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited w/ Package #23: Moonroof Pkg, Keyless Access/Pushbutton Start, Navigation, Eyesight
    • 2016 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium w/ Package #14: Eyesight, side/rear radar system, Power gate
    • 2016 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium w/ Package #15: Moonroof Pkg, Navigation, Power gate, Eyesight, side/rear radar system
    If it wouldn't be too much trouble, can you also run the same for the 2015 models? Is their a big difference in price between the two? I feel the 2016 is the exact same vehicle as the 2015, but with the added Lane Keep Assist feature.
    2016 2.5i Limited: .00115 MF and 62% residual
    2016 2.5i Premium: .00100 MF and 62% residual

2015 2.5i Limited: .00027 MF and 56% residual
    2015 2.5i Premium: .00029 MF and 57% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• tgaetatgaeta Member Posts: 2
    kyfdx said:

tgaeta said:

Howdy,

2016 2.5i Limited: .00115 MF and 62% residual
    2016 2.5i Premium: .00100 MF and 62% residual

2015 2.5i Limited: .00027 MF and 56% residual
    2015 2.5i Premium: .00029 MF and 57% residual
    Thanks!
  • hankychankyc Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2015
    Hi Its my frist time here. Can you provide lease rate for the following:
    2016 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited with Navigation & Harmon-Kardon Audio and Auto Dimming mirror with compass. IN New York
    MSRP $31329
    Residual 63% $19737
    Money Factor .00135
    12K/36mo.
    Negotiated Price 29685
    No down payment

I'm being quoted in the neighborhood of @340/mo.. IS this reasonable ?

Thanks
    Would you also provide info for a 2016 3.6R Limited for 36/12 in CO?
    hankyc said:

2016 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited with Navigation & Harmon-Kardon Audio and Auto Dimming mirror with compass. IN New York
    MSRP $31329
    Residual 63% $19737
    Money Factor .00135
    12K/36mo.
    Negotiated Price 29685
    No down payment

Thanks

I confirm the MF and residual.

I get $343.05/mo before tax with your MSRP and negotiated price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

quattro29 said:

Would you also provide info for a 2016 3.6R Limited for 36/12 in CO?

62% and .00115

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• pic182pic182 Member Posts: 1
    Do you have MF and residual for a 2016 Outback 2.5 Limited 36/15k in Connecticut?
    pic182 said:

Do you have MF and residual for a 2016 Outback 2.5 Limited 36/15k in Connecticut?

.00115 MF and 60% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• hankychankyc Member Posts: 2
    hankyc said:

MSRP $31329
    Residual 63% $19737
    Money Factor .00135
    12K/36mo.
    Negotiated Price 29685
    No down payment

Thanks

Thanks Mitchell... Your quote of $ 343 is right on. This is a Costco negotiated lease. Local dealer wanted $356 for the same car.

Thanks Again .
  • subda1516subda1516 Member Posts: 8
    Can I have lease numbers for San Diego, 36/10K?

Using the online lease calculator from Edmunds I get a monthly payment for $329 (MSRP 32035 and VIP pricing from ASPCA) The $500 I already put down as a deposit will be used as a down payment. 

Is this monthly payment pretty accurate? What are the different credit tier ranges?

Thanks
    subda1516 said:

Using the online lease calculator from Edmunds I get a monthly payment for $329 (MSRP 32035 and VIP pricing from ASPCA) The $500 I already put down as a deposit will be used as a down payment. 

Is this monthly payment pretty accurate? What are the different credit tier ranges?

Thanks

Premium or Limited?

Can't vouch for lease calculators. They make too many assumptions. We use a spreadsheet.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

Thanks
    Premium or Limited? Can't vouch for lease calculators. They make too many assumptions. We use a spreadsheet.
    Premium with Nav and Eyesight. Would your calculations come to around $320?
    subda1516 said:

kyfdx said:

subda1516 said:

Thanks

Premium or Limited?

Can't vouch for lease calculators. They make too many assumptions. We use a spreadsheet.

.00100 MF and 63% residual

Can't do your calculations, because you haven't given a selling price or CAP cost

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:
    kyfdx said:

Thanks
    Premium or Limited? Can't vouch for lease calculators. They make too many assumptions. We use a spreadsheet.
    .00100 MF and 63% residual Can't do your calculations, because you haven't given a selling price or CAP cost
    VIP pricing, so: 29233.40
    $500 paid up front as deposit will be used as down payment
    subda1516 said:

kyfdx said:

subda1516 said:

kyfdx said:

subda1516 said:

Thanks

Premium or Limited?

.00100 MF and 63% residual

Can't do your calculations, because you haven't given a selling price or CAP cost

VIP pricing, so: 29233.40
    $500 paid up front as deposit will be used as down payment

$301/mo.+tax, exclusive of any other costs..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jliles528jliles528 Member Posts: 14
    Can I have the residual and MF for a
     2016 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited PZEV,  with:
    - exterior color Wilderness Green Metallic, interior Warm Ivory Leather
      - moonroof package + keyless access with push-button start + navigation system + EyeSight
      - Popular Package #5 (exterior auto dimming mirror with blind-spot detection and approach lighting, all-weather mats, rear seatback protector, rear bumper cover, splash guards)

I am located on Maryland. 
    jliles528 said:

- moonroof package + keyless access with push-button start + navigation system + EyeSight
      - Popular Package #5 (exterior auto dimming mirror with blind-spot detection and approach lighting, all-weather mats, rear seatback protector, rear bumper cover, splash guards)

.00115 MF and 60% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mrock9mrock9 Member Posts: 1
    Hi. Do you have MF and residual for a 2016 Outback 3.6 Limited 36/12k in Colorado?
    jliles528 said:

That describes my wife's car to a T, except she got the 3.6L engine.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

mrock9 said:

Hi. Do you have MF and residual for a 2016 Outback 3.6 Limited 36/12k in Colorado?

62% and .00115

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• vbhardwajvbhardwaj Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2015
    Can you please provide MF and RV for Outback 2016 Limited with Eyesight+Nav+Moonroof package; 36months/36k for Indiana. Does it vary by dealer?
    vbhardwaj said:

Can you please provide MF and RV for Outback 2016 Limited with Eyesight+Nav+Moonroof package; 36months/36k for Indiana. Does it vary by dealer?

62% and .00115.

Subaru numbers are national, but the dealer is allowed to mark up the MF by as much as .00050

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• vbhardwajvbhardwaj Member Posts: 2
    Michaell said:

vbhardwaj said:

62% and .00115.

Subaru numbers are national, but the dealer is allowed to mark up the MF by as much as .00050
    thanks a lot for this; Do dealers negotiate on the MF? I was quoted 0.00165, which seems like the highest markup on the Subaru rate. I dont understand the markup by the dealer on the MF when the financing is through Subaru. If the capitalised cost is constant, and the lease instalment is going to Subaru finance, what is the dealer's motivation to bump the MF.
    Also, I guess the timing of the question was wrong. Are the September numbers in yet?
    vbhardwaj said:

Michaell said:

vbhardwaj said:

62% and .00115.

thanks a lot for this; Do dealers negotiate on the MF? I was quoted 0.00165, which seems like the highest markup on the Subaru rate. I dont understand the markup by the dealer on the MF when the financing is through Subaru. If the capitalised cost is constant, and the lease instalment is going to Subaru finance, what is the dealer's motivation to bump the MF.
    Also, I guess the timing of the question was wrong. Are the September numbers in yet?
    Subaru Finance rebates a portion of the increase to the dealer. So, the dealer makes more money by marking up your rate.

Hopefully, some time later this week.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• SwamiSCSwamiSC Member Posts: 6
    edited September 2015
    Hello moderators, can I please get the RV/MF for 36/12 lease in Cali? 3.6R
    [Edit with the EyeSignt package]
    SwamiSC said:

Hello moderators, can I please get the RV/MF for 36/12 lease in Cali? 3.6R
    [Edit with the EyeSignt package]

60% and .00080

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bellajagbellajag Member Posts: 1
    Forgive my ignorance. I'm in Florida. I am looking at the 2016 Outback limited with eyesite-nav option. Quoted OTD price is $36,101 with no trade. 

Lease offer is $422.07 for 35 months (15,000 mi/yr) with $2500 down. Based on MF .00115 and residual 57%. 

How do I tell if this is a good deal?
    bellajag said:

Forgive my ignorance. I'm in Florida. I am looking at the 2016 Outback limited with eyesite-nav option. Quoted OTD price is $36,101 with no trade. 

Lease offer is $422.07 for 35 months (15,000 mi/yr) with $2500 down. Based on MF .00115 and residual 57%. 

How do I tell if this is a good deal?

You've come to the right place ... base MF on the Outback Limited is .00065, so the dealer is marking that up the max on you.

What is the breakdown of the $2500 due at signing?

So, certainly room to improve on that deal. What is the MSRP?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• vw_wagonvw_wagon Member Posts: 4
    Can I get the RV/MF for a 2016 Outback 2.5i for a 36/12 lease in PA and NJ? Thanks
    vw_wagon said:

Can I get the RV/MF for a 2016 Outback 2.5i for a 36/12 lease in PA and NJ? Thanks

Base? .00155 MF and 63% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• sugarbellysugarbelly Member Posts: 29
    Hello all:

May I have the RV/MF data for a 3.6R on a 36m/10K please? Thank you.

Hello all:

May I have the RV/MF data for a 3.6R on a 36m/10K please? Thank you.

61% and .00080

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• matthewmmatthewm Member Posts: 47
    Hi. What is the current MF and RV for a 2016 Outback Premium with Navigation, EyeSight, and Moonroof/Power Liftgate packages? I'm in Illinois. Thanks a bunch!
    matthewm said:

Hi. What is the current MF and RV for a 2016 Outback Premium with Navigation, EyeSight, and Moonroof/Power Liftgate packages? I'm in Illinois. Thanks a bunch!

.00065 MF and 58% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• overrevvedoverrevved Member Posts: 14
    Can you tell me the RV and MF for an Outback Limited 2.5 with the moonroof/nav/keyless access/power liftgate/eyesight options on a 36/12 lease? The car will be registered in NY and purchased in either NY or Conn., if that makes a difference. And if it's not asking too much, can I get the same figures for a similarly configured 3.6 Limited, and a Premium with just eyesight/rear x-traffic/blindspot detection? Really appreciate your help, makes me feel like I'm not going in blind. Thanks so much!

Can you tell me the RV and MF for an Outback Limited 2.5 with the moonroof/nav/keyless access/power liftgate/eyesight options on a 36/12 lease? The car will be registered in NY and purchased in either NY or Conn., if that makes a difference. And if it's not asking too much, can I get the same figures for a similarly configured 3.6 Limited, and a Premium with just eyesight/rear x-traffic/blindspot detection? Really appreciate your help, makes me feel like I'm not going in blind. Thanks so much!

Limited: .00065 MF and 59% residual
    Premium: .00065 MF and 60% residual
    3.6 Limited: .00080 MF and 60% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• sugarbellysugarbelly Member Posts: 29
    Thanks much, Michaell.
    And you too, kyfdx.
    Always excellent to find ya'll here, reaching out to provide help to people.
  • gasgiantgasgiant Member Posts: 7
    edited September 2015
    Hello. Can you pls give MF and residual on a 2.5 Limited (with Nav/Eyesight/Moonroof/everything) on a 36/10k lease? This is for southern California. Many thanks!
    gasgiant said:

Hello. Can you pls give MF and residual on a 2.5 Limited (with Nav/Eyesight/Moonroof/everything) on a 36/10k lease? This is for southern California. Many thanks!

.00065 MF and 60% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• overrevvedoverrevved Member Posts: 14
    edited September 2015
    I've read that dealer installed options shouldn't be included in the MSRP when calculating the residual value. Is this correct? If so, how does one know what options are dealer installed? Aren't some installed at the port? Are those port-installed options included in the residual calculation? For example, on the Outback Limited, I'm sure that the moonroof, keyless access, eyesight are factory options, and things like floor mats and cargo nets are dealer installed. But what about remote start and alarm shock sensor? Dealer, port, or factory options? Added to the MSRP for RV calculation or not? Makes a big difference because you're paying 100% of the cost of any options not included in the residual, as opposed to roughly 40% of those that are, and for $2k of options, I figure the difference at around $50/month (3/36 lease).
    Thanks for any insight you can provide.

I've read that dealer installed options shouldn't be included in the MSRP when calculating the residual value. Is this correct? If so, how does one know what options are dealer installed? Aren't some installed at the port? Are those port-installed options included in the residual calculation? For example, on the Outback Limited, I'm sure that the moonroof, keyless access, eyesight are factory options, and things like floor mats and cargo nets are dealer installed. But what about remote start and alarm shock sensor? Dealer, port, or factory options? Added to the MSRP for RV calculation or not? Makes a big difference because you're paying 100% of the cost of any options not included in the residual, as opposed to roughly 40% of those that are, and for $2k of options, I figure the difference at around $50/month (3/36 lease).
    Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Port-installed options are on the government sticker and part of the MSRP for residual calculation purposes.

You won't know without a look at the actual sticker, as some possible PIO could also be dealer-installed, instead.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator