Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Now That's What I Call Music 5.0 - 2015 Ford Mustang GT Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2015 in Ford
imageNow That's What I Call Music 5.0 - 2015 Ford Mustang GT Long-Term Road Test

With the new exhaust upgrade to our 2015 Ford Mustang GT, the pony is now making sweet, blissful music.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    Ferrari F430 Scuderia was the sweetest sounding car I have heard. Also heard a Maserati (unknown model) screaming down a highway. Italian cars... nothing like that purrrrr...

Drove by a 2015 V6 mustang yesterday. Sadly it would probably be a driver's race between my 4.6 V8 and it at a stop light. But as I drove by it I held a lower gear into the higher revs to remind him his car will never sound as good as mine...
  • Options
    allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    Don't forget about the Lexus LFA. The only car I can think of that sounds like and F1 race car.
  • Options
    subytrojansubytrojan Member Posts: 120
    Carrera GT is indeed great-sounding. I think V10s (Carrera GT, LFA, but not the Viper or Ram SRT10) sound better than V12s. I miss V10 F1 cars.
  • Options
    quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    Turboprops > V10's > High-revving V8's. Everything else is more noise than music.

I miss V10 F1 cars.

Don't we all... :( Might as well be listening to the vacuum cleaner now.
  • Options
    mtnbiker8mtnbiker8 Member Posts: 39
    Great thing about this car, and Mustangs in general, there are about 327 different combinations of H-pipe, X- pipe, muffler, header and resonator to choose from. And all on YouTube. Really like my Borla S-Type.
  • Options
    id19id19 Member Posts: 7
    All the previously mentioned engines are great, no doubt about it. My fave exhaust notes aren't cars, and I'm dating myself here, tops is a twin wasp (or pretty much any radial), and a JD R under heavy load (or any JD two cylinder diesel). So many hours on R's and and an 820, and the starting procedure is always entertaining too. Don't scoff at the 2 cylinders, the 820 is 7.7 liters. For cars, hmm... a Porsche 6 at WOT is tough to beat.

Here's a guy starting an R. He takes longer than necessary, probably because he's recording it. At about 6:30 he drops it in road gear, and the big flywheel almost is isn't big enough: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH-EgkjKq3U
  • Options
    id19id19 Member Posts: 7
    Oops. I didn't know that a youtube link would stick big dang picture in the thread. Sorry folks.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited September 2015
    No biggie, we got room. And everyone loves John Deere pics. :)
  • Options
    ctpaulctpaul Member Posts: 46
    video (audio) clip so we can judge the sound too?