Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lease Price 2016 Tiguan

zzrider3zzrider3 Member Posts: 15
edited September 2015 in Volkswagen
Hi- I'm talking to a dealer now and they quoted me the following:
2016 Tiguan R Line

$27,800 sale price
$350 / month @ 3yr/36kmiles
First payment only due at signing.

Is this a good price?

Can you provide money factor and residuals for
2016 R-Line Tiguan FWD and AWD Model?

Thanks!!

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    zzrider3 said:

Hi- I'm talking to a dealer now and they quoted me the following:
    2016 Tiguan R Line

$27,800 sale price
    $350 / month @ 3yr/36kmiles
    First payment only due at signing.

Is this a good price?

Can you provide money factor and residuals for
    2016 R-Line Tiguan FWD and AWD Model?

Thanks!!

.00022 MF and 61% residual
    $1000 lease cash on FWD, $750 on AWD.

Need the MSRP to calculate a lease
    Also, does the payment include tax? If so, which state and what tax rate?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• zzrider3zzrider3 Member Posts: 15
    They are telling me it was originally priced at $29,800.
    And the 350 does include tax.
    Tax rate is 8.25%
    zzrider3 said:

They are telling me it was originally priced at $29,800.
    And the 350 does include tax.
    Tax rate is 8.25%

Adding $1100 for acq.fee, doc fee, title registration, I get a payment of $308/mo+tax.. Or about $335/mo. Not too far off your quote. Would need a breakdown of all the extra charges and fees to know for sure.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I would honestly presume the acquisition fee is included in the original $29,800 I mentioned, as this model MSRPs, according to VW.com, for $28,700.

I'm asking the salesman to email me a full breakdown and if the 29,800 is including acquisition fee.
    $28,700 + monster mats, trunk liner, roadside assistance kit, and destination charge = $29,800.
    Sale price of $27,800.
    Tax rate is 6.25% (he was mistaken) and the money factor is as you said- .00022, not what he originally said. The residual is 61%.

All that for $350 a month after taxes.

Does this all sound right? And does it sound like a good deal?

Lastly, my wife is considering a different model. Can you get me the current MF / residuals for:
    2016 Tiguan R-Line 4Motion
    2016 Tiguan SE FWD
    2016 Tiguan SE 4Motion

Thanks so much!
    @zzrider3 Those models all have the same lease program, with $750 lease cash.

How tax is applied depends on the state. Which state is this?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Salesperson told me the money factor on the SE were .00045 and the R-Line .00022. Both residuals at 61%.

This is in Texas. Sorry for the delay- was waiting to hear back from dealer.

The one we're considering is the R-Line 4Motion. He's not giving all the information I'm asking for, which is pretty annoying, but he said:
    2016 R-Line 4Motion, 0 down, 377/ month. I don't know the MSRP or sales price of the car (wasn't provided)

We're just talking hypotheticals as we shop, we don't have our eye on a specific car (VIN) just yet.

Is there a calculator you recommend I use online to calculate the prices based on the info he provides, just to make sure it adds up.

Thanks again!
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,076
    zzrider3 said:

Salesperson told me the money factor on the SE were .00045 and the R-Line .00022. Both residuals at 61%.

This is in Texas. Sorry for the delay- was waiting to hear back from dealer.

The one we're considering is the R-Line 4Motion. He's not giving all the information I'm asking for, which is pretty annoying, but he said:
    2016 R-Line 4Motion, 0 down, 377/ month. I don't know the MSRP or sales price of the car (wasn't provided)

We're just talking hypotheticals as we shop, we don't have our eye on a specific car (VIN) just yet.

Is there a calculator you recommend I use online to calculate the prices based on the info he provides, just to make sure it adds up.

Thanks again!

I can confirm the 36/12 residual as 61% for the R-Line and SE. MF is .00022 for both as well.

We don't recommend an on-line calculator; they make too many assumptions. Instead, you may want to build your own:

http://www.edmunds.com/car-leasing/calculate-your-own-lease-payment.html

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

So is the dealer just trying to make more money from me on the SE by saying the MF is .00045? Or is he perhaps mistaken?

Does the original deal I talked about seem like a good one or could I do better?
    zzrider3 said:

So is the dealer just trying to make more money from me on the SE by saying the MF is .00045? Or is he perhaps mistaken?

Does the original deal I talked about seem like a good one or could I do better?

Trying to make more money from you with an inflated MF.

I'd still need to know the prices to fully evaluate the deal. If you build your own calculator you can determine if it's good as well.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Those were provided earlier in the post. Only for one of the deals. 

Waiting to hear back on the MSRP and sales price of the r-line 4motion. 

zzrider3 said:

Those were provided earlier in the post. Only for one of the deals. 

Waiting to hear back on the MSRP and sales price of the r-line 4motion. 

OK, using the MSRP of $29,800 and a sale price of $27,800, along with the MF of .00022 and residual of 61%, I get $295/mo after adding 6.25% sales tax.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

So the deal they gave me is inflated about 1800 bucks (50 / month)?
    Was what you provided based on 36 month with 12k miles per year? Thanks!
    zzrider3 said:

So the deal they gave me is inflated about 1800 bucks (50 / month)?
    Was what you provided based on 36 month with 12k miles per year? Thanks!

No, the 61% is for 36/15. Add 2% to the residual for 12K.

Using the same prices as above, I get about $277/mo after tax.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Ok, so really- it seems I'm not getting a good deal. Right?
    zzrider3 said:

Ok, so really- it seems I'm not getting a good deal. Right?

Looks that way. Perhaps its time to start working with a new VW dealer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Couple things I noticed which may factor into the price differences between dealers and what you are getting.
    1. Even though I asked for 12k / yr they've been giving me the residual based of 15k. So they're quote is already off by whatever that amount would be.
    2. They told me the MSRP is 29800 including the 865 destination charge. They would reduce this to 27800 (but this figure excluded the 865 destination charge) So the 27800 is needs to figure in the destination charge of 865.
    3. On top of all of that- they quote around 1700 in sales tax up front. I don't know how you factored that in. I think in TX we pay it on the whole car- does that seem accurate?

Here is the sheet they emailed me showing the detail.
    zzrider3 said:

Couple things I noticed which may factor into the price differences between dealers and what you are getting.
    1. Even though I asked for 12k / yr they've been giving me the residual based of 15k. So they're quote is already off by whatever that amount would be.
    2. They told me the MSRP is 29800 including the 865 destination charge. They would reduce this to 27800 (but this figure excluded the 865 destination charge) So the 27800 is needs to figure in the destination charge of 865.
    3. On top of all of that- they quote around 1700 in sales tax up front. I don't know how you factored that in. I think in TX we pay it on the whole car- does that seem accurate?

Here is the sheet they emailed me showing the detail.

1. The difference between the 15K residual and 12K residual is 2%, or $596. This works out to about $16.50/mo before tax
    2. Yes, the selling price should be reflected as a discount from the MSRP (with destination)
    3. I don't deal with sales tax in my calculations unless it's specifically mentioned. Yes, TX applies sales tax to the entire selling price. I have seen occasions where a tax credit is available to lessen this burden for leases, but generally from luxury brands (Lexus, MB, Infiniti)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

In your recent posts you quoted payments "after tax" though..? Was there actually no tax figured in when you ran the numbers?

Thanks
    zzrider3 said:

In your recent posts you quoted payments "after tax" though..? Was there actually no tax figured in when you ran the numbers?

Thanks

If the net cap cost included the tax, then it was part of the lease payment calculation. If not, then it didn't.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• stevekapstevekap Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking for the Money Factor & Residual for a 2016 Tiguan R-Line (MSRP $31,860), A 36 Month 12k Lease. Also is there any lease cash, or any other offers available? I'm in NJ (fwiw)
    stevekap said:

I'm looking for the Money Factor & Residual for a 2016 Tiguan R-Line (MSRP $31,860), A 36 Month 12k Lease. Also is there any lease cash, or any other offers available? I'm in NJ (fwiw)

.00001 and 59%.

$1500 lease cash for FWD, $1250 lease cash for 4Motion

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• stevekapstevekap Member Posts: 2
    Michaell said:

stevekap said:

.00001 and 59%.

Thank you. Could you give me a little lesson on how "lease cash" works? Is the dealer obligated to offer the $1500/$1250 to each and every customer that leases a Tiguan? Or is it a negotiation point?

i.e. If I go into a dealership, and I negotiate a price of $28,000 with the dealer, can I then ask him for an additional $1500/$1250 in lease cash? Or has he already incorporated that into my negotiated price w/o any mention of "lease cash"?

Appreciate your replies in advance. Thanks!

stevekap said:

Michaell said:

stevekap said:

.00001 and 59%.

Thank you. Could you give me a little lesson on how "lease cash" works? Is the dealer obligated to offer the $1500/$1250 to each and every customer that leases a Tiguan? Or is it a negotiation point?

i.e. If I go into a dealership, and I negotiate a price of $28,000 with the dealer, can I then ask him for an additional $1500/$1250 in lease cash? Or has he already incorporated that into my negotiated price w/o any mention of "lease cash"?

Appreciate your replies in advance. Thanks!

Lease cash is a factory to dealer incentive .. not obligated to pass it along, but it is a point to raise when negotiating your selling price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

With the recent news- what do people think will happen with pricing? I can't see it going up... Do you think in another month or so deals will be even better?
    zzrider3 said:

With the recent news- what do people think will happen with pricing? I can't see it going up... Do you think in another month or so deals will be even better?

I think it's way too early to predict what will happen with VW pricing. At the moment, you cannot buy or lease any VW with the 2.0 TDI engine. Everything else is still on sale.

Guess we'll have to wait until next month to see what happens to sales of all VWs.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• gunsmithxgunsmithx Member Posts: 4
    Hey looking for current numbers on a tiguan s and r-line 36/12 in florida, also any lease cash? Thanks
    gunsmithx said:

Hey looking for current numbers on a tiguan s and r-line 36/12 in florida, also any lease cash? Thanks

2016 Tiguan 36/12 - .00001 and

S - 63% and $500 lease cash
    R-Line - 59% and $1500 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• emgilliatt12emgilliatt12 Member Posts: 7
    Hi, looking for October lease numbers on 2016 S and SE AWD.... 36/12k and 36/15k..thanks!

Hi, looking for October lease numbers on 2016 S and SE AWD.... 36/12k and 36/15k..thanks!

36/15 numbers are .00001 MF and 61% (S, with $500 lease cash) or 57% (SE, with $1250 lease cash).

Add 2% for 12K.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• emgilliatt12emgilliatt12 Member Posts: 7
    edited October 2015
    Michaell said:

36/15 numbers are .00001 MF and 61% (S, with $500 lease cash) or 57% (SE, with $1250 lease cash).

Add 2% for 12K.
    Hey thanks! ...any idea if the lease cash and $2000 loyalty bonus can be combined??
    edited October 2015

Michaell said:

Add 2% for 12K.
    Hey thanks! ...any idea if the lease cash and $2000 loyalty bonus can be combined??
    Lease cash is factory-to-dealer; separate from loyalty incentive. Use the lease cash to help negotiate your best deal.

But, they should combine.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• hypnoticshypnotics Member Posts: 69
    does VW offer 10k/yr lease? thanks
    hypnotics said:

does VW offer 10k/yr lease? thanks

Yes; residuals are 3% higher for 10K than for 15K

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• surf2day2surf2day2 Member Posts: 75
    Can you provide 24/10 Residuals, MF, and Lease Cash $' for both SEL and R-Line 4 Motions for October please?

Thank you!
    surf2day said:

Can you provide 24/10 Residuals, MF, and Lease Cash $' for both SEL and R-Line 4 Motions for October please?

Thank you!

.00001 MF and $1250 lease cash for both.

65% for SEL and 67% for R-Line

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks for the quick reply!
    Thanks again for the help on the October numbers for the MY16s. Are there any significant rebates and incentives on the leftover MY15 R-Line 4 Motions - for purchase or lease?And is VCI still posting lease numbers for these MY15s for 24/10 and 36/10?

Thanks in advance,

KH
    surf2day said:

Thanks again for the help on the October numbers for the MY16s. Are there any significant rebates and incentives on the leftover MY15 R-Line 4 Motions - for purchase or lease?And is VCI still posting lease numbers for these MY15s for 24/10 and 36/10?

Thanks in advance,

KH

.00001 MF and 59%/52% residual. $5000 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• krisnamackrisnamac Member Posts: 2
    Hi! I'm looking to lease a 2016 VW Tiguan S in Minnesota.

The offer at the dealership is $199/month with no money down, not including tax + title for people who currently own a VW or if you live with someone who does (which I do) for 36 months and 10,000 miles/year. The salesperson said including tax and title it comes out to $239/month (about $1750 additionally).

I asked for the price of the car and he said that "it didn't matter because I'm only paying for the depreciation of the car." Looking at their website, they have the MSRP as $28,430 with a special deal price of $24,430 for current VW owners / if you co-habitate with one.

Is this a good deal? Does anyone know the money factor and residual value percentage for 36/10 and 36/12 and 36/15 for Minnesota? Thank you for your time!
    krisnamac said:

The offer at the dealership is $199/month with no money down, not including tax + title for people who currently own a VW or if you live with someone who does (which I do) for 36 months and 10,000 miles/year. The salesperson said including tax and title it comes out to $239/month (about $1750 additionally).

I asked for the price of the car and he said that "it didn't matter because I'm only paying for the depreciation of the car." Looking at their website, they have the MSRP as $28,430 with a special deal price of $24,430 for current VW owners / if you co-habitate with one.

Is this a good deal? Does anyone know the money factor and residual value percentage for 36/10 and 36/12 and 36/15 for Minnesota? Thank you for your time!

.00001 MF and 64%/63%/61% residual. $250 lease cash, if AWD.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• krisnamackrisnamac Member Posts: 2
    kyfdx said:

krisnamac said:

Oh yea sorry it was a 2016 VW Tiguan 4Motion S, AWD. Sorry, what does $250 lease cash mean?
    krisnamac said:

kyfdx said:

krisnamac said:

Oh yea sorry it was a 2016 VW Tiguan 4Motion S, AWD. Sorry, what does $250 lease cash mean?
    It's a dealer incentive from VW

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• pcdubbyapcdubbya Member Posts: 27
    Can anyone provide the December #'s for 2016 VW Tiguan 4Motion S, AWD, on 24/10, 24/12 & 36/10 & 36/12?
    Any dealer/factory incentives? (current VW owner)
    pcdubbya said:

Can anyone provide the December #'s for 2016 VW Tiguan 4Motion S, AWD, on 24/10, 24/12 & 36/10 & 36/12?
    Any dealer/factory incentives? (current VW owner)

.00001 MF and 62% for 36/12 or 69% for 24/12.

Add 1% for 10K.

No lease cash on 2016 Tiguan S.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks Michael. Headed back to VW today to look at R-Line and SEL. Can I get updated numbers on both those models, 24/12, 36/12? Add 1% still for 10k?

And 1000 Owner Loyalty?

TIA
    pcdubbya said:

Thanks Michael. Headed back to VW today to look at R-Line and SEL. Can I get updated numbers on both those models, 24/12, 36/12? Add 1% still for 10k?

And 1000 Owner Loyalty?

TIA

R-Line AWD:
    .00001 MF and 65%/58% residual. $500 lease cash

SEL:
    .00001 MF and 63%/56% residual. $750 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks for the quick reply. 
    Is there any difference in the R-Line AWD and non AWD numbers ?
    pcdubbya said:

$750 lease cash on the FWD R-Line

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

pcdubbya said:

$750 lease cash on the FWD R-Line
    Pulling the trigger today for my wife, however, they only have SE's here so we'll resort to that Trim.

Can I get the numbers on the SE, 36/12 and 24/12?

Thanks!