Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

PT Cruiser Air Conditioning Questions/Problems

12346»

Comments

• smaller80smaller80 Member Posts: 2
    And just fyi to the people who are having issues with filling the freon.  From my experience and internet search: When everything else is working right and it's just a freon issue.... Turn the a/c on full blast with recycled air (I find it helps a little...) And let it run for a sec. The high pressure is when the compressor is off, the low is what your pressure is on when the compressor is on. If your pressure isn't high enough, the compressor will not stay I for long. Fill it a little bit at a time to watch the bottom pressure rise. Once it is high enough, it will not keep cycling off.  I am not a proffesional, but this IS what worked for my car. My next step is finding the leak in my own and fixing it (I saw the color stuff that goes into the line...cool!) But in the mean time, my leak is slow enough to only fill maybe every 8 months. A 20 dollar gauge and a 20 dollar can that works for more than one fill definitely beat approx $500.00.
  • tacobadgertacobadger Member Posts: 1
    I need some help!! I have replaced all the ac system components on my wife's 08 pt ac compressor (witch was the original problem), the high and low side lines, the the dryer, the LPS and the high side cutoff switch. I have a problem with the LPS before I was reading 12v with the volt meter and now I have nothing. Hence the paper clip will not do anything. The only thing I can think of is to trace back the 2 wires to where ever they are coming from, but I wanted to ask yall before I do that. This car has 46k only. 
  • davidio50davidio50 Member Posts: 1
    This is my second PT Cruiser. A 2002 and now a 2008. In both cases, my air conditioning only works when my car has been moving a while or when the outside temperature isn't too high. Also, my car sometimes makes noises when my AC is on and my car isn't moving.