Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

To Crosstrek or to Forester, that is the question

subarup8subarup8 Member Posts: 2
edited September 2015 in Subaru
I have a 15 year old Outback legacy limited only 145,000 - love it and still running great. And a 2005 Forester my son has driven since he got his license 10 years ago. I want, don't need, want a new Subaru and am torn between the Crosstek and 2016 Forester. Or maybe I should wait for the 2016 CT. In either case I'm going Limited. The forester power front seat with adjustable lumbar, large sun/moon roof and auto tail gate vs the sportier looking Crosstek? The CT rides a little bouncier but the manual override is fun. The forester feels a little more grown up...what to do??? Or be sensible and drive that Outback into the ground!

Best Answers

Answers

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,012
    I've driven both a CrossTrek and a Forester as loaner vehicles - the CrossTrek is a bit underpowered (but I live in Colorado) but I like the size.

The Forester felt as big to drive as my wife's 2015 Outback, but as noted, visibility is excellent. The larger engine also helped.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• subarup8subarup8 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you everyone for your input which combined with no firm info on why the 2016 crosstek is delayed helps me immensely. You all rock!