Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Top Five Things I Like About It (You Won't Believe #4!) - 2015 Acura TLX SH-AWD Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2015 in Acura
imageTop Five Things I Like About It (You Won't Believe #4!) - 2015 Acura TLX SH-AWD Long-Term Road Test

The 2015 Acura TLX might not immediately wow you, but it has some inherent qualities that are quite good. Here are my five favorites.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509
    Good list. I've seen a few of these on the road and mostly been underwhelmed. It's not a bad design; it looks good after a couple glances but at first it looks somewhat forgettable.
  • schen72schen72 Member Posts: 433
    The nice thing about conservative design like the TLX is that in 10-15 years it will still look handsome and not outdated.
  • subatomicsubatomic Member Posts: 140
    The Honda/Acura V-6 engines are indeed gems. They are not the most powerful, but still competitive with regard to power and efficiency. They also consistently set the standard with regard to refinement and they are some of the most pleasing engines to listen to.
  • allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    Honda/Acura V6 engines are very sweet. Even when your foot is to the floor winding it out to redline it never sounds strained; always silky smooth. I had a 10 year old 98 Accord V6 that when brand new had this high pitched, very subtle, turbine like whine that you could barely hear cruising on the highway. With over 150,000 miles on her she still had that whine.
  • jlaszlojlaszlo Member Posts: 60
    The reviews would be much different if it was a domestic. 1. Classic American soft ride that doesn't handle like the competition. 2. "Adequate" V-6 3. Ambitious pricing for an average car in its' class. 4. Blandtastic styling. 5. Gimmicky and unrefined stop/start.
  • nedmundonedmundo Member Posts: 33
    After these reviews, I now want to test this version of the TLX. I've driven the I4/8DCT version, and while its quiet cabin and suspension refinement are darned impressive and it's a great value, I wasn't exactly motivated to ditch my TSX for one. I also recently went on a road trip in a friend's Infiniti G37 Sport with AWD, and that V6/AWD combo with a tight suspension is great. If the TLX has a similar feel, I'm not surprised the reviewers like it for road trip duty.
  • chol92594chol92594 Member Posts: 208
    I can definitely agree with the comments about the understated styling and resemblance to the 3rd gen TL. IMO, that's still one of the best looking cars Acura has even made (esp in Type-S trim). They still look very good today (as do a lot of Acuras from that era, like the TSX), and I'm guessing that the TLX will age a lot better than the 4th gen TL has.
  • notfastnotfast Member Posts: 93
    G37 interior is WAY smaller than any Acura TL/TLX... just saying
  • tubbahzakitubbahzaki Member Posts: 6
    I bet you'd find more of these characteristics in a 2015 Sonata. You can get the ultimate package models with more features and similar refinement/ride quality for $24,995 + tax now - they're going for $7,700 off the sticker.
  • darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    Your item #3 is the selling point the Acura TL carved out and enjoyed for many years. A clear step up from the typical mid-sized sedan in style and content but without the price tag of a traditional luxury car.