Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Leasing a 2016 MDX AWD with Technology Package

sherri88sherri88 Member Posts: 6
edited September 2015 in Acura
I am looking to lease a 2016 Acura MDX AWD with Technology package.
Base MSRP: 50610
Adjusted MSRP: 55130 for tires, rims, running boards, tint and bumper protector
Agreed upon value: 52627
Adjusted cap cost: 52627
Net cap cost: 53421
Net Residual: 28848

15,000/36 months

Is this a good or not?

$800 month

I have never leased before.
Tagged:

Answers

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,011
    sherri88 said:

I am looking to lease a 2016 Acura MDX AWD with Technology package.
    Base MSRP: 50610
    Adjusted MSRP: 55130 for tires, rims, running boards, tint and bumper protector
    Agreed upon value: 52627
    Adjusted cap cost: 52627
    Net cap cost: 53421
    Net Residual: 28848

15,000/36 months

Is this a good or not?

$800 month

I have never leased before.

36/15 lease numbers for the 2016 MDX AWD with Technology are 57% residual and .00063.

The residual value is calculated against the bottom number of the factory window sticker - I assume this is the $50,610 number?

Next - $4500 for tires, rims, etc. is completely excessive. Do you want these items or are they on the vehicle in stock that you chose? Alone, that is adding $125/mo to your payment each month.

If I use the base MSRP and the net cap cost in my lease calculations, I get a payment of $734/mo.

The net cap cost should be less than the MSRP, not higher.

What state is this and what is the tax rate?

On the surface, this does not look like a good deal; go to the "2016 Acura MDX Lease Questions" discussion and see what other folks have been able to negotiate.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• sherri88sherri88 Member Posts: 6
    that's what I am thinking. The $4500 was added on the vehicle and that is the way it sits. I live in Missouri and sales tax rate is 7%.

What price do I negotiate with them?

When you say the net cap cost should be less than the MSRP is that original MSRP or the adjusted MSRP with the added accessories?
    I thought I would negotiate on both the base MSRP and the accessories.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,011
    sherri88 said:

that's what I am thinking. The $4500 was added on the vehicle and that is the way it sits. I live in Missouri and sales tax rate is 7%.

What price do I negotiate with them?

When you say the net cap cost should be less than the MSRP is that original MSRP or the adjusted MSRP with the added accessories?

Is there another MDX without all the extra stuff? That's really overpriced and jacks up your lease payment.

Use the price tools at the top of the page - 'make / model / year' - to get a sense of what price you should negotiate to (or below).

The accessories are not subject to depreciation .. you'll pay for 100% of them even though you will only have the car 3 years.

Therefore, the net cap cost should be less than the original MSRP.

Be advised there are other costs with a lease - the bank fee, the dealer fee, the first payment, and any license or tag costs from the state. Those are usually paid up front when you sign the paperwork.

I believe MO taxes the monthly payment only.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

The tires and rims are mine to take with me with the lease is over. I think the disconnect is that the average price paid is about $47800. When you subtract that from the $50610 MSRP, I get a discount of $2800. That is the total discount they wanted to give me. Well, I told them I wanted a $1000 credit for the tires and rims since that is what I could buy them for and they agreed. However, I am not seeing that on my discount line. I told them they need to give me another $1000 in credit for a total discount of $3800 to be in the ball park. I do get the factory tires and wheels too so I can put them on when the lease is over. Is this helping my situation?
    They have about $58 for tax a month.
    They wanted to negotiate $2800 off the adjusted MSRP of $55130 and I said no because 4500 is accessories that I will keep--mainly the tires and rims.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,766
    sherri88 said:

They wanted to negotiate $2800 off the adjusted MSRP of $55130 and I said no because 4500 is accessories that I will keep--mainly the tires and rims.

It's a terrible deal.

If you need $4500 in accessories, then leasing is probably not for you. At lease end, you'll be lucky to have $1000 of stuff that doesn't fit your new car.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator