Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 BMW M235i Convertible Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2015 in BMW
These seats don't breathe. Neither air nor sweat can enter or escape. Any bit of skin is instantly spot-welded to the Dakota Red leather only to be released and leave a pool of sweat deep enough to slightly float you above the material.

Read the full story here

Comments

• stpawyfrmdonutstpawyfrmdonut Member Posts: 11
    edited September 2015
    Bingo. I have a 2007 328i with leatherette and thought regular leather would breathe better. Not so. I test drove a 2009 M3, C63 and both model leather seats made me sweat in 80 degree weather. Best seats for me were in my 2003 Mitsubishi Evo-Recaro cloth.
  • thepuffthepuff Member Posts: 87
    At least with leather you can wipe the sweat (or other spills) clean...with cloth or suede it will be impregnated in the fabric unless you steam clean it out which isn't as easy or available as a paper towel.
  • opfreakopfreak Member Posts: 106
    I wish the usa could get the sweet cloth/suede seats the 2 series has in Europe.
  • ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509
    I'm a die-hard fan of cloth seats. Even ventilated leather/vinyl is uncomfortable for me. I just greatly prefer cloth. That's something you won't see on any BMW (save for maybe the i3 and i8?)
  • allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    Another post proving BMWs are overpriced. For less money you could've got a Mustang GT Convertible with STANDARD heated and cooled seats. Ford will also throw in a nice V8 engine at no extra cost.
  • defyant15defyant15 Member Posts: 74
    edited September 2015
    @allthings....totally. That why I sold my Bimmer and went with the GT. All thats even before you consider long term reliability and ownership costs. Love my heated, cooled and well bolstered soft leather seats.

To those wanting cloth, to each his own. But cloth seats absorb sweats and smells and over the years can get pretty gross unless they are meticulously maintained. I would def not buy a pre-owned car with cloth seats.
  • nuievenuieve Member Posts: 43
    Hyundai Sonata has ventilated seats and starts at $21k.
  • adantiumadantium Member Posts: 42
    Hence another reason I skipped the 2 series convertible and bought a loaded 2015 mustang convertible. Priceless feature when the temp is crazy hot. Go FORD!
  • desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    edited September 2015
    adantium said:

Hence another reason I skipped the 2 series convertible and bought a loaded 2015 mustang convertible. Priceless feature when the temp is crazy hot. Go FORD!

How tight is the Stang convertible's structure? Previous ones I've driven have been bendy. The BMW vert is tight. It's not just about engine size.