Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• crv_huntcrv_hunt Member Posts: 4
    what is the best price people here have seen in san francisco bay area? I have quote for 26300 OTD on EX 2 wheel drive CRV 2015 ? Any better deal anyone got?
  • derwoodindyderwoodindy Member Posts: 10
    I will be looking very soon in the Indianapolis area for a 2015 CR-V EX-L AWD. Dealers around here are difficult to work with. I'll post what happens with negotiations.
  • jexplorer15jexplorer15 Member Posts: 9
    stever said:

@jexplorer15, now you seem to be around $600 off invoice. A good deal still but more "normal".

Since the dealer is playing those kind of games with their quotes though, I think I'd shop other dealers a lot harder now. Why reward them for getting your hopes up?

Hi @stever , wonder if you added the dealer processing fee (doc fee) of 300 to your calculation.
    Edmunds Invoice in the area is 26038 and TMV is 25592. The dealer's offer plus destination is 24702 (without dealer processing fee of 300).
    So, am I (26038-24702=1336) or (25592-24702=890) invoice. This is for EX-AWD.
    Thanks, I thought I got grasp of the numbers but.. :) . Do you think shooting for 25000 OTD is far fetched.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited September 2015
    No, since those fees vary so much I don't pay much attention to them. I focus on the selling price vs TMV and invoice.

Once you get below invoice on a CR-V (especially $1,000 to $1,500 below invoice) you're in good territory.

Fighting for a good OTD number is another set of numbers and everyone winds up with different fees and a different tax rate.

Anything over $50 for a doc fee is too much, but the dealers have to make a profit somewhere. Sometimes they make their profit on paint protection or extended warranties. The taxes are what they are, and generally any other "legal" fees, like a tire disposition fee, are writ in stone.
  • jam1515jam1515 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, looking for some input on the 2015 CR-V AWD LX. I'm in the Chicagoland area, and as of right now, one dealer is at $23,300 (not including the $168 doc fee). Is it realistic to get them lower, particularly since we're closing in on the end of the month, quarter.

New to the negotiating process so any input is appreciated.
    Just picked 2015 CRV EX FWD in SF Bayarea at Morgan Hill Honda . 26000 OTD. Does not come with any accessories except mats, onguard protector. Overall experience was great. Wasnt able to push other dealers in 50 miles radius to beat the price.
    Congrats! What was the selling price before taxes and fees?
    It is 23550.58. Did I do okie?
    Nice, invoice is $24,868 and TMV is $24,570 for a San Fran zip. Surprised any deal is that good in the Bay Area.
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    crv_hunt

What dealership did you purchase ? There is a member looking to buy near you .

Congrats , Good luck

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

Honda of Morgan Hill.
    Tks

I'm on the final stretch to make the purchase an EX-AWD here in the DC metro area. The last OTD quotes that I received so far are 26300, 26299 (2nd dealer to be exact :smile: ) and both saying the best they can do; and third quote 26681.
    I know you guys are more interested on the dealer quote with the destination to compare the overall offers, and in this case it is on 24500ish territory, Dealer's proc fee of 300 is the minimum I can find in Md and it's worse in VA, and VA sales tax of 4.1%. I am bringing the dealers head on right now, asking one to bit the other and telling them will buy it right now. Thanks stever and others for all this valuable info, your help is tremendous for folks like me who isn't pro on this. Hoping to get the overall at 26 or below and I'm inches closer so far.

How are those figures looking, am I doing okay!

edited September 2015
    Your taxes will depend on where you register it. So if you live in VA, you (should) just pay VA taxes, even if you buy it in MD to save on some fees..

TMV is below invoice at ~$25,600 for DC. So $24,500ish territory is better than a Wilbur Mills dunk in the Tidal Basin with an Argentine stripper (yeah, showing my age....).
    lol, yeah - I see that :smile:@stever . Car will be registered in VA and yes, the numbers are with VA taxes. I rather prefer to purchase local but appears that better deals are just across the Potomac in MD.
    I like your strategy of pitting the dealers against each other. That's an angle for the local shop - tell 'em you want to deal local but you'll drive across the river if they aren't close. Maybe they'll get within a couple of hundred bucks.
  • acurapriceacuraprice Member Posts: 91
    Played golf in Dallas with a Financial Analyst for Hendrick Automotive Group last week. He mentioned that overall Accord as well as CRV sales have not met Honda forecasts over the summer, and they have delayed 2016 CRV shipments until sometime in October. He said out of all automakers, Honda is extremely anal about controlling supply, who gets what, and when.
  • day_100day_100 Member Posts: 1
    I bought the 2015 EX-L for 26,000 before taxes/fees. (My fees were lower b/c of the tax difference when trading in a lease but it was 26,800 OTD). I just wanted to add that I didn't realize until too late how much I could have negotiated regarding the leased CRV that I had. I got so caught up in the fees and other garbage that I lost out on that. If you have that opportunity, take a look -- even the trade-in value was significantly higher than what I actually would have owed on the car if I bought it end of lease. Hopefully someone else can benefit from my mistake. Live and learn.....I am glad that I now know about this forum for the future.
    edited September 2015

Played golf in Dallas with a Financial Analyst for Hendrick Automotive Group last week. He mentioned that overall Accord as well as CRV sales have not met Honda forecasts over the summer, and they have delayed 2016 CRV shipments until sometime in October. He said out of all automakers, Honda is extremely anal about controlling supply, who gets what, and when.

Its is true that Accord sales are down a lot from from last year as is the CRV @6% or so . Honda is faring much better than Toyota . The CRV is the best selling Suv in its class this year by far.

Declining Reasons : There are a lot of good choices in this class w/ heavy discounts by Toyota, Kia, Hyundai, etc.

Honda said on July 31 that its quarterly net income rose 20%, as favorable exchange rates and strong SUV sales in the U.S. and China more than offset the costs of an extensive series of recalls.

Honda's net profit for the three-month period ended June 30 was 186 billion yen ($1.5 billion), up from 155.6 billion yen in the year-ago period. Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters had expected net income of 145.8 billion yen. Revenue was 3.7 trillion yen, up 15.5%.

Honda's share price rose over 3% in early trading on the New York Stock Exchange after the news was announced.

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2015/09/02/honda-august-2015-sales-cr-v-accord-civic.aspx

• hondaretailerhondaretailer Member Posts: 33

HAHAHAHA, that's funny. CRV's, as of August, are the number one selling vehicle in Honda's fleet. YoY percentage is up 5.7% and the reason the '16's are out until October is because '15 production ran into mid-September. [source] http://hondanews.com/releases/america-honda-reports-strong-car-and-truck-sales-for-august-2015?query=sales
  • acurapriceacuraprice Member Posts: 91

HAHAHAHA, that's funny. CRV's, as of August, are the number one selling vehicle in Honda's fleet. YoY percentage is up 5.7% and the reason the '16's are out until October is because '15 production ran into mid-September. [source] http://hondanews.com/releases/america-honda-reports-strong-car-and-truck-sales-for-august-2015?query=sales

August alone does not make up the summer. Look, nobody's disputing the CRV's success, and the fact they are the #1 selling SUV in their class. It's clear however that some at Honda we're shooting for an even larger aggregate sales number over the summer months. Also just heard Paul over at Rusty Wallis (Dallas) mention that 2016 CRV deliveries start hitting the ground on Oct 14th - (2 weeks).
  • kmredmundskmredmunds Member Posts: 5
    Hi All. I am picking up my CRV LX tonight for 23800 including ALL fees except Tax and DMV. I will also get free oil changes for two tears and lifetime NYS inspection.
    The best price I was offered here on Long Island, from four dealers, was 23700. I bid in the low 23000s but all of the dealers let me walk. Not one called back to check if I was willing to up my bid or offered a lower offer.
    edited September 2015
    You are sort of back where you started but you got the fees included so you probably saved a few hundred right there. It sure sounds like NYC is a tough market for buyers.

Picking up new cars "in the dark" can be a bit risky. It's harder to spot flaws or scratches in the paint than it is in the daylight. Try to inspect it in a well light area of the dealership if you get to the dealer after the sun goes down.
  • sireeshsireesh Member Posts: 1
    Thanks everyone, I have got great inputs going through this forum.
    Picked up an EX-L AWD for 27000 before taxes yesterday in Maryland area. Did i get a good deal?
    Invoice with destination is $28,472. You did great @sireesh. You're also ~$1,000 below TMV.
  • crv_stein14crv_stein14 Member Posts: 3
    I picked up an EX-L AWD tonight for $26,465 (before taxes), with all season mats and tray thrown in as well as remote starter. Thanks for this forum – it helped a lot!
  • adamr1adamr1 Member Posts: 43

I picked up an EX-L AWD tonight for $26,465 (before taxes), with all season mats and tray thrown in as well as remote starter. Thanks for this forum – it helped a lot!

Great price, what state and how hard did you negotiate to get that price?
    Mass. On Friday I began emailing internet managers at 5-6 dealers. Then I took lowest deal at the time ($27,000) and went around to see who would match or beat it. I didn't forward emails though, I just said I had another quote from another dealer for x and what could they do. On the 28th I emailed the lowest and said that if they were willing to sell for 26,700 and throw in mats, etc., I would be there today (the last day of the month). They pulled some stuff at the dealer when I showed up, but because they really wanted to do the financing and I had already been pre-approved, and I had all printouts of the deal they made online, they gave me the difference in interest rate as a discount off the sale price ($235). They threw in the remote starter because it was a promotion at the dealership today. I was there a solid four hours, but all of the negotiating was online.
    Also - I think what was really important is that I was willing to walk and in fact did... five times. And each time they gave me what I asked for, including a decent price for my trade.
  • hondaretailerhondaretailer Member Posts: 33

August alone does not make up the summer. Look, nobody's disputing the CRV's success, and the fact they are the #1 selling SUV in their class. It's clear however that some at Honda we're shooting for an even larger aggregate sales number over the summer months. Also just heard Paul over at Rusty Wallis (Dallas) mention that 2016 CRV deliveries start hitting the ground on Oct 14th - (2 weeks).

Oops, year over year CRV sales up now 7.7% and MoM for September 2015 to September 2014 is up over 21.1%. So tell me again how Honda is upset about CRV numbers, because what you're saying doesn't match the sales numbers. http://hondanews.com/releases/trucks-drive-numerous-american-honda-september-sales-records?query=sales

June CRV numbers up 8.5%, July up 11.5%, August up 5.7% and September up an astonishing 21.1%. There's your summer numbers. If Honda is complaining about an average summer sales increase of 11.7% over a four month period, what on Earth was their expectations?

• karthipkkarthipk Member Posts: 1
    @sireesh Congrats.. Can you please provide the dealer name and OTD price?
  • simplyjssimplyjs Member Posts: 1
    I am planning to buy CRV AWD EX or EX-L (without navigation) in a month or two. I am staying near Raleigh, NC. Can anyone provide info on the price for CRV AWD EX and EX-L in NC area?
    edited October 2015
    Check out the posts last month from @rage151 (and his dealer reviews here and here). Not exactly Raleigh, but will give you a taste of what you can expect.
    I am waiting for the announcement of the 2016 CRVs, I would think that is any day now. Hopefully pricing on the 2015s improves once that is announced. Anybody have more info on the 2016 press release from Honda?
  • crv4evercrv4ever Member Posts: 3
    What are the best Honda dealers in Houston area? I'm trying to buy an exl model
    You can check out our Dealer Ratings and Reviews while waiting for "locals" to show up.
    2016 CRV Info released by honda. Does not look like any real changes other than adding SE trim above the LX. No android auto/apple carplay unfortunately. That will come then in the full redesign for the 2017 model year I assume.

http://www.hondanews.com/releases/
  • bearsfan23bearsfan23 Member Posts: 3
    2015 CRV EX AWD - Chicagoland. Received internet quote for $25,500 (incl destination and without taxes/fees). I know its beginning of the month/quarter and new model is coming soon, so I am hesitant to purchase unless I get a steal. What sale price (dest included) should I target in this situation? TMV is $26,109 and invoice is $26,038. @Stever can you help!? I will be test driving tonight, but will 100% not be purchasing.

2015 CRV EX AWD - Chicagoland. Received internet quote for $25,500 (incl destination and without taxes/fees). I know its beginning of the month/quarter and new model is coming soon, so I am hesitant to purchase unless I get a steal. What sale price (dest included) should I target in this situation? TMV is $26,109 and invoice is $26,038. @Stever can you help!? I will be test driving tonight, but will 100% not be purchasing.

lol, those are famous last words - what will you do if the dealer offers $2,000 off invoice tonight? :D

And yeah, $2,000 would be a "steal" of a deal.

Oh, if you need some additional bargaining points, in addition to the 2016s coming out, ask the salesperson on the test drive if s/he can feel the vibration at idle too. ;)

@adamr1, interesting theory, although with the VW mess, all manufacturers could be re-examining their EPA mandated tests.
    2015 AWD EPA: 26/33/28  2016 AWD EPA: 25/31/27
    @Stever - I initially contacted dealers a few weeks ago and decided to hold off. I promise I'm just driving it and I will be patient! That being said, the $25,500 incl destination price was offered up, but I am waiting until after driving it to negotiate via email. I've been following this thread for a while, but still am unsure what price I should target with invoice being at $26K. The price I was offered is essentially the "Truecar" target price and I know I can beat that, but need to be sane about it.
    Another thing I just noticed - the quote I was given on the EX and a quote I was previously given by this dealer for the EX-L (which I am no longer looking at) were exactly the same as what car-buying-strategies.com shows as "Dealer Cost" for these models. Not sure what to make of that...
    edited October 2015
    @adam1, is that info "just" from another forums post somewhere? Love to see a link - it's too early for us to have the official numbers for the 2016 and I don't see any news on a net search anywhere.

@bearsfan23, no one really knows what dealer cost is. Even the dealership owners may not know until they do the books.

As I recall, the Chicagoland market is kind of tough. As the month winds down, your selection may wind down too, although you can kind of keep track of that by following the inventory here or on the dealer web sites.
    @stever That EPA info I posted is from the official honda release, link below.  I got the 2015 EPA data from Hondas website that shows the 2015 specs.   http://www.hondanews.com/releases/2016-honda-cr-v-pricing-and-epa-data
    Well sure, go to the source. :D We didn't note that in our blurb about the 2016s that just came out today.

Two mpg combined isn't huge but it's interesting to see those specs go backward.

Thanks!
  • cannell3cannell3 Member Posts: 45
    Looking for a 15 CR-V EX-L here in North Carolina. The first quote received was for 27,700.00, plus TTF. I am thinking that this fairly high for a 2015, thoughts? I am going to find the Costco dealer tomorrow...
    TMV is $27,977 for a NC zip code (assuming you're shopping an AWD). So the first quote is a bit average, but still a few bucks under invoice.
  • maryhadmaryhad Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2015
    Hi Everyone,

I am looking to buy my first Honda CR-V EX AWD (White Diamond Pearl) in Long Island (NYC). Dealer is offering me the below. Should I take it? Any opinions/advice would me very appreciated.

Invoice - $26048

Price (incl Destination): $25,400
    Tax (8.62%): $2190.75
    Dealer fee: $75.00
    Other NY DMV fees: $22.50

Total OTD = $27,688.25