Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ordering a 2016 for Lease and Euro Delivery

jardjard Member Posts: 7
edited August 2015 in BMW
I have tried to read up on the topic but I still have a few questions. Thanks in advance for any help.

I would like to order a 2016 328i Sports Wagon for mid-December delivery in Munich. I would also like to lease it. I an relatively new to leasing.

- Are the lease residuals and MFs out for 2016s yet? I will do 3 years / 10,000 miles per year.
- What's the add-on to the base MF for euro delivery?
- I was planning to do $0 down but I'm not sure it makes sense to finance the tax, tags, and acquisition fee. I don't have a trade.
- When will I be required to lock in my lease terms? At ordering? Right before leaving for Germany? (I assume the residuals could improve between now and Dec)

Thanks!

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,042
    jard said:

I have tried to read up on the topic but I still have a few questions. Thanks in advance for any help.

I would like to order a 2016 328i Sports Wagon for mid-December delivery in Munich. I would also like to lease it. I an relatively new to leasing.

- Are the lease residuals and MFs out for 2016s yet? I will do 3 years / 10,000 miles per year.
    - I was planning to do $0 down but I'm not sure it makes sense to finance the tax, tags, and acquisition fee. I don't have a trade.
    - When will I be required to lock in my lease terms? At ordering? Right before leaving for Germany? (I assume the residuals could improve between now and Dec)

Thanks!

No 2016 3-series lease numbers available, just yet.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• jardjard Member Posts: 7
    I saw that some 2016 numbers did come out for August. Any advice on the other questions about add-on MF for Euro Delivery or when I will need to lock in my lease terms?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    jard said:

Thanks!

August lease parameters won't be good for December. It's possible that you can lock in the September program for ED in December, but you'll have to check with your dealer.

ED leases get a bump of .0003 over the base MF, but the 2nd lease payment is waived.

Usually, you want to pay government fees upfront, to keep them from being taxed in the monthly payment, but that depends entirely on which state you live in, and how they tax leases.

Generally, when you order, you lock in your lease terms. If the numbers get better between then and when you sign your lease (2-3 weeks prior to delivery), then you can choose which lease program, provided you and your dealer agree on this, in writing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you!
  • zoombie99zoombie99 Member Posts: 320
    You will need snow tires in some of the countries after November 1st.
    BMW 2019 540x Bluestone
    BMW 2019 Glacier Silver X3 30i being built to replace a 2017 X3 (wife's)
    zoombie99 said:

You will need snow tires in some of the countries after November 1st.

The law reads M+S rated and I ordered 18" wheels with all seasons, so I meet the letter of the German law. I will avoid driving to areas that might be snow covered.

I signed the paperwork to order my 2016 328i xDrive Sports Wagon on Sept. 21 and my client advisor contacted me on Sept. 30 with a production number and the European Delivery details. We are headed to Munich to pick up on December 11, 2015!

MSRP: $53,520
    Sale price: $47,599 (includes processing fee)
    Total fees rolled in: $4,193 (6% tax + DMV fees)
    Cap cost: $51,792.44
    Residual: 62% (36/10,000)
    MF: 0.00130

I'm happy overall with the deal, thanks for the help!
    jard said:

I signed the paperwork to order my 2016 328i xDrive Sports Wagon on Sept. 21 and my client advisor contacted me on Sept. 30 with a production number and the European Delivery details. We are headed to Munich to pick up on December 11, 2015!

MSRP: $53,520
    Sale price: $47,599 (includes processing fee)
    Total fees rolled in: $4,193 (6% tax + DMV fees)
    Cap cost: $51,792.44
    Residual: 62% (36/10,000)
    MF: 0.00130

I'm happy overall with the deal, thanks for the help!

Congrats! I'm sure that will be a very exciting trip.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• carboy21carboy21 Member Posts: 760
    What does it cost to bring it to USA ?
    carboy21 said:

Nothing...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

carboy21 said:

Nothing...
    Wow , you mean BMW ships the car to USA for free ?

carboy21 said:

kyfdx said:

carboy21 said:

Nothing...
    Wow , you mean BMW ships the car to USA for free ?

Just like they would if you bought it here.. ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I like this idea of getting the car in Germany. But I have to add the airfare for three members of my family to Munich from Philadelphia :)
    The only thing I may save is the cost of 14 day car rental in Germany by driving my own new Beemer for 2 weeks in Europe :)
    carboy21 said:

I like this idea of getting the car in Germany. But I have to add the airfare for three members of my family to Munich from Philadelphia :)
    The only thing I may save is the cost of 14 day car rental in Germany by driving my own new Beemer for 2 weeks in Europe :)

ED invoice is 7% lower than US... so, you should be able to save $3000-$4000 on the vehicle, as well.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

carboy21 said:

ED invoice is 7% lower than US... so, you should be able to save $3000-$4000 on the vehicle, as well.
    Thanks very much for this info ! I might think about it next summer and combine it with a driving holiday in Europe. Winter is not an ideal time to be driving in Europe. So lets see next Summer. I might try The MB car if they have a similar ED scheme. Any idea if MB offer the same scheme at Stuttgart ?

carboy21 said:

kyfdx said:

carboy21 said:

Thanks very much for this info ! I might think about it next summer and combine it with a driving holiday in Europe. Winter is not an ideal time to be driving in Europe. So lets see next Summer. I might try The MB car if they have a similar ED scheme. Any idea if MB offer the same scheme at Stuttgart ?

Mercedes does have an ED program, but I don't know the specifics. From anecdotal evidence, BMW is the only one that actually offers significant savings.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator