Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Exactly What You Want - 2015 Hyundai Sonata Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited October 2015 in Hyundai
imageExactly What You Want - 2015 Hyundai Sonata Long-Term Road Test

A 300-mile road trip reminded me how much I like the design, comfort and performance of our long-term 2015 Hyundai Sonata.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    chol92594chol92594 Member Posts: 208
    I think Hyundai really hit the sweet spot with the new Sonata. I have yet to drive one, but I've heard a lot of positive things from reviews. Plus, I've been seeing a lot of them lately, so they must be selling pretty well. I'd still probably go with something a little sportier (just my preferences), but I do have to admit that Hyundai did a great job with the styling.
  • Options
    dg0472dg0472 Member Posts: 89
    Uhmm, turbocharged engine? In this car?
  • Options
    vvkvvk Member Posts: 196
    Not turbocharged.

Sonata has always been a good, competent car that I would gladly drive. I do dislike the herd mentality that made Hyindai cool all of a sudden.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Hyundai does seem to have hit the sweet spot for value and bang for buck.
  • Options
    ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509
    "Two years in Lompoc. I'll die before I go back."
  • Options
    rysterryster Member Posts: 571
    Dealers are giving these things away...that's why they are popping up all over the place. My previous car was a 2011 Sonata 2.4L. I owned it for 5 years and put 70,000 miles on it. After 5 recalls, and growing engine problems, it was time to trade. Back in March, I test drove a 2015 Sonata 2.0T Sport as a potential replacement vehicle. Sticker was $29K, dealer offered to sell it for $24K. I walked away because it just wasn't a compelling enough overall package that I could see myself living with it for the next 5 years. Even in turbo form it was a very "blah" experience, and I had previously had 5 years of "blah".

Now dealers here are currently selling 2015 Sonata 2.4L Sport models with $27K sticker prices in the $20K-$21K range. The SE trim models, which sticker at $23.5, are being sold for around $18K. Throw in 0% financing for 75months, or a $179/mo 3-year lease, and people who need a new sedan for low money will sign and drive away happy...until their first problem and they have to deal with Hyundai service.
  • Options
    g35bufg35buf Member Posts: 89
    I driven this exact config new Sonata and it is a HUGE improvement over the past generation...It is - as noted - JUST right in so many respects. I really think it is the leader in this midsize segment currently...I'm highly critical and particular about most cars and trucks I end up in and the Sonata is tough to criticize...
  • Options
    markinnaples_markinnaples_ Member Posts: 251
    I agree whole heartedly with ryster about the Sonata: Not bad looking, but just blah. Blah, blah, blah. Perfect rental.

Life's too short to drive boring cars.
  • Options
    shabadoo25shabadoo25 Member Posts: 232
    Hyundai currently has good reliability numbers. I have a 2015 2.0T and have not had one issue.